Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought . She was home doing her homework submitted it before the midnight deadline. Knock on the door and it’s someone she’s familiar with.. dogs are barking running around so she placed them in the basement so she can speak to the familiar person ( I do this with my dogs... place them in a room before opening door if I know the person) she’s already snapped goodnight to her bf, contacts out and getting ready for bed . Whoever the person was took her. I’m guessing it was after sun went down . JMO

I like your line of thought here and I think it sounds very plausible. The person could have been a neighbor, an acquaintance, or someone who faked that they needed help in some way.

I have a daughter mollies age who splits her time here and at her bf’s while home for summer from college. If I texted to tell her what was for dinner, and she didn’t arrive, it would not worry me whatsoever, she’s 20, I would assume she decided to do something else or be with friends. There didn’t seem to be a dinner confirmation, nor a formal invite, her mom seemed to casually let her know what’s for dinner in case it interested mollie to come over. Her mom probably assumed it did not interest her enough.

So you mean you think she had dinner at her moms house and they just haven’t confirmed that in the media/LE reports or you mean you think she headed to her moms for dinner and didn’t get there?

If it’s the former that actually makes a lot of sense. First it would explain why her mom didn’t wonder why she didn’t show for dinner when it appears she had confirmed she would come. She didn’t freak because she did come to dinner. And it also makes the call to her mom asking if she was in a house at 9:45 a little more understandable since maybe they were asking her if Mollie was still at the moms house after dinner at 9:45.

But on the other hand if she did have dinner at her moms it contradicts what her brother said about being the last one known to see her when he dropped her off since surely by then he would know his mom had dinner with her even if he didn’t have dinner at his moms house.

Unless she was wearing extra glasses/contacts those close to her didn’t know about, I don’t think she left the house intentionally or of her own accord. How would she be able to see to run, to drive the car back to her boyfriend’s house, to go to work & take care of kids?

I haven't heard any mention of the neighbors who live near Mollie's boyfriend's house. There are a couple houses somewhat close by and I'm wondering if the people who live there noticed Mollie or anyone else coming or going, any lights on, when the dogs were let out in the yard, etc.

I would agree with this except I’d think there was some evidence, something, of someone having come to the house. I really don’t think it took place at the home. She is said to walk back and forth between her mom and bf’s frequently. And we know she did have a reason to go to her moms before going to bed, and that is to get the car, drive it back to her bf’s so she could get to work the next day.
I like your line of thought here and I think it sounds very plausible. The person could have been a neighbor, an acquaintance, or someone who faked that they needed help in some way.

Unless she was wearing extra glasses/contacts those close to her didn’t know about, I don’t think she left the house intentionally or of her own accord. How would she be able to see to run, to drive the car back to her boyfriend’s house, to go to work & take care of kids?
You've captured something. People often have more than one pair of glasses. But, until you mentioned this, it did not come to mind.

I would agree with this except I’d think there was some evidence, something, of someone having come to the house. I really don’t think it took place at the home. She is said to walk back and forth between her mom and bf’s frequently. And we know she did have a reason to go to her moms before going to bed, and that is to get the car, drive it back to her bf’s so she could get to work the next day.

So her mom lives “right around the corner” but it would be a 21 minute walk ??! Is that correct ?

But if she did go to her mom's for dinner wouldn't that make the brother's statement of him being the last to see her at 5:30 inaccurate? She may have gone to her mom's for dinner but I don't think she actually made it. Otherwise they would have said that she ate dinner with the mom and they would have said what she was wearing when she left and what time

Yes! It contradicts the brother’s statement and the Mom and the police. Consistently the one thing that has been made clear was Mollie didn’t go to dinner. I don’t understand why some posters are saying she did and then maybe just didn’t make it back to the bf’s house. To believe this is to disregard that Mollie was doing homework late at night there. Basically claiming the family is lying about whether she had dinner with them is weird.

Thanks for your thoughts. At this point, I'm open to all possibilities and scenarios.

I think the timeline is something like:
Dropped off at 5:30
Changed and maybe had a snack and took off on her run around 7pm (someone saw her) and somewhere around there was wondering about dinner and texted her mom. Maybe she felt like brats didn’t sound that appetizing.
So she goes home around 8 or so, showers etc and eats something that sounded more appetizing at the bf’s house.
Started homework, while texting/social media, then at some point got interrupted. Kept the dogs downstairs to concentrate.
She may have been attacked quietly with chloroform or something.

We do not have any verified insiders in Mollie's case. Information coming from facebook comments are not allowed here. Links need to be provided to substantiate statements. Only the victim's, suspect's, mainstream media and law enforcement social media accounts are allowed to be discussed. The facebook accounts belonging to family members, Molly's boyfriend, Molly's brothers or brother's fiancee' are not allowed to be discussed. Information posted from those pages will be removed.

This type of posting caused a major derailment of the thread last night and thread closure.

Does anyone know how they would know about how late she was doing homework? I did online classes 6 years ago & did have midnight due dates as well, so is this how they found out? Seeing her homework activity? Or is there a way to just look at her computer and tell, any tech people?

Surely the work would be timestamped with the time she submitted it and a receipt or confirmation sent to her by email? In any event surely the university would be able to confirm the time she submitted her assignment after consulting the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88