Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit shocked that her mom wasn't more concerned when she didn't show up for dinner that night, especially knowing she was by herself. I'm assuming she was going to walk or run to her mom's house and then drive the car back to the house for getting to work the next day. Another reason her brother texted about her needing a ride to work.

Exactly. People who get away with abduction and murder develop habits and patterns as the number of victims increases.
unfortunately something like this case happens in the united states just about everyday. The killing or abduction of two little girls does not

I live in the Country...outside of a medium sized city in California. We never lock our doors...and keep our keys in the car (on the floorboards)...Risky? Maybe. But in the 17 years we have lived here, we have never had any trouble. (knocking on wood).

Sorry, I don't buy that. When I was a kid we moved to a very small town, smaller than Brooklyn most people looked their doors when they went out of town or were gone for an extended period of time. And most everyone I knew had a hidden key. So, even if you didn't carry one, you had one available.

It was hard for me to believe, too.

Respectfully, it is not unusual to not be given a lot of details in an investigation. We are not privy to all of the details and the lack of public clarity or "putting the fear of God" into the community may be because they are hard at work with the details they already have. I think it is far too early to jump to accusations that the investigative team is not doing enough. JMO.

I will respectfully disagree with you. I am entitled to my opinion and I truly believe in a tiny town where everyone may not everyone else's business it makes perfect sense to put in place a person (with a name) and a phone number for the FBI directly. Can you not see that? Have you looked at the Sheriff's site? The local paper? The only numbers are for folks who are tied to locally or this DCI Special Agent Rahn.

On a different note - there may be someone out there who was traveling through or heard something from someone locally but is located away from that region - reason 2 to publish contact information for the FBI

Three - why announce you are bringing in the FBI and then not allow a communication channel or clearly define what role each partner has is fair to all involved.

You say "too early" I say NO WAY! When it comes to missing people - minutes count! And here we have 12 long hot summer days.

You can have all the evidence you want but no suspect. Second even if you have a susepect, do you have enough evidence to convict them.

If the have a suspect they can charge them and let a jury decide. But if they don't have a suspect, they can't do anything. All they can do is put the case in a file, and hope some new leads popup in the future.

I'm a bit shocked that her mom wasn't more concerned when she didn't show up for dinner that night, especially knowing she was by herself. I'm assuming she was going to walk or run to her mom's house and then drive the car back to the house for getting to work the next day. Another reason her brother texted about her needing a ride to work.
100% agree, my mom would come looking for me, but she gets crazy if I don't call her back right away if I miss a call from her and I'm almost 40. But my mom is crazy like me and we always think the worse. Not judging mom, we are all different.

NOT THE SAME THING to many and especially not the same message being conveyed. THINK about it. A bathing suit is what you wear to swim or sun. Your UNDERGARMENTS are supposed to be under your normal clothes, vieweable only to select few - they are advertises as INTIMATE wear for a reason. And sickos may think they have been advanced to be included in a particular way by a person who takes such a selfie.

It is not a question of how much skin you are exposing it is the message contained in the type of clothes.
I honestly can’t tell whether the photo is a bikini or undergarments. I’ve seen many bikinis that look just like undergarments to me.

I am not doubting you, I just dont see it. People who abduct and kill little girls stick to that.

I don't know about that. BTK seemed quite comfortable assaulting and murdering all ages, as did Israel Keyes. Abducting 2 girls may have been more fun than abducting one, and abducting an adult female may be more fun than abducting children. Also, there was the case of Jessica Lunsford (something like that) who was abducted, murdered, and dismembered by a 17 year old. He initially tried to abduct an adult female and didn't succeed so his next victim was a child. In that case he did succeed. He drove up beside her, opened the car door, grabbed her, shoved her in, and drove away.

The abduction of Mollie could have been that easy where a driver stops a little ahead of where she is jogging, gets out of the car, opens the back door, grabs her as she approaches, and done.

100% agree, my mom would come looking for me, but she gets crazy if I don't call her back right away if I miss a call from her and I'm almost 40. But my mom is crazy like me and we always think the worse. Not judging mom, we are all different.

My mom would be crazy too!

If the have a suspect they can charge them and let a jury decide. But if they don't have a suspect, they can't do anything. All they can do is put the case in a file, and hope some new leads popup in the future.
LE might have a suspect in mind at this point, but what would that person be charged with at this point?

jmo

Usually in cases of missing kids and teens, you see footage of droves of people out scouring woods and fields, but not too much search footage in this case. No call for search volunteers that I've seen. I think that's kind of odd, not sure what it would mean if anything.

I agree. They must have some serious leads if they called off those searches so short into the disappearance.

<respectfully snipped>
That would be the abduction on July 13, 2012 of the Evansdale cousins 60 miles North of Brooklyn. In that case, the girls were found in a park popular for fishing and hunting 20 miles North of Evansdale. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that the person responsible for their murders lives South of Evansdale and left the bodies North to throw police off. I also find the dates interesting. In 2012, July 13 was a Friday, and in 2018 July 13 was a Friday. It's quite possible that this is the same person but things didn't work out on July 13, 2018 so he kept looking for a victim (crime of opportunity) and found one on July 18.

Sure, this might be all coincidental, but there might also be a pattern to this - a sort of reliving the memory on the anniversary.

JMO
Interesting thoughts about the dates and possible fixation on the Friday the 13th.

Serial killers do sometimes keep track of things like that and since abduction is a crime of opportunity a lot of the times then you could be right that he may have just not been able to find a victim on the 13th and kept trying until he got his chance. Its a scary thought but possible.

The 2 girls that were killed up north I do think were killed by a real serial killer that has not yet been caught. And I always wondered if maybe the Indiana girls were killed by the same person.

Notice the date of the Indiana killings were also on the 13th. That was a Monday though but still. Maybe the number 13 is what hes after. They were found the next day on the 14th. Hmmm

"On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail J. "Abby" Williams and Liberty Rose Lynn "Libby" German were discovered on a hiking trail in Delphi, Indiana,"

Murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German - Wikipedia

<respectfully snipped>
That would be the abduction on July 13, 2012 of the Evansdale cousins 60 miles North of Brooklyn. In that case, the girls were found in a park popular for fishing and hunting 20 miles North of Evansdale. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that the person responsible for their murders lives South of Evansdale and left the bodies North to throw police off. I also find the dates interesting. In 2012, July 13 was a Friday, and in 2018 July 13 was a Friday. It's quite possible that this is the same person but things didn't work out on July 13, 2018 so he kept looking for a victim (crime of opportunity) and found one on July 18.

Sure, this might be all coincidental, but there might also be a pattern to this - a sort of reliving the memory on the anniversary.
I thought the same thing, but can’t connect the dots yet

Where I am, FBI joins most big cases right away.

Yeah, the FBI presence itself isn't at all unusual. They have specialized units in a number of areas like electronics that are available to any local law enforcement unit that wants to call on them. The fact of FBI doesn't surprise me. It's the number reported to be working on the case and how quickly they showed up that surprised me. The last time I saw that many on a single case was Vanessa Marcotte's murder, and her body had already been found at that point.

Thank you. It's just an opinion based on following too many similar missing persons' investigations on this forum for the past 15 years. There's always a remote possibility that she is alive, but the longer she is missing the smaller that possibility. I don't know what to make of the fitbit information, but if LE are assuming that she is alive because the fitbit is transmitting a heartbeat, I would compare the current heart rate to her heart rate history to determine whether the fitbit is registering her heart beat, or whether someone else is wearing the fitbit. Even if she is alive, whoever has her is going to do everything possible to ensure that she can never tell the story of what happened to her.

Since 2012, I have been waiting for another abduction of a young woman in Iowa. We know that there is at least one person in Iowa who is very good at getting away with abduction and murder, and that person will not stop by choice. I would almost be tempted to look at isolated fishing and hunting spots in a 20 mile radius of Brooklyn for a body.

Otto! I hadn't even considered someone else wearing that FITBIT. I have been trying so hard to fixate on her possibly being held against her will - I convinced myself someone drunk hit her while she was out running and then scooped her up and put her somewhere so he could make tracks. I have prayed she is just trapped. But twelve days no food or water... even if my And I wanted - still want- LE to get to her. Hoped the FITBIT might help locate her. Your take is logical and pragmatic... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson