Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will respectfully disagree with you. I am entitled to my opinion and I truly believe in a tiny town where everyone may not everyone else's business it makes perfect sense to put in place a person (with a name) and a phone number for the FBI directly. Can you not see that? Have you looked at the Sheriff's site? The local paper? The only numbers are for folks who are tied to locally or this DCI Special Agent Rahn.

On a different note - there may be someone out there who was traveling through or heard something from someone locally but is located away from that region - reason 2 to publish contact information for the FBI

Three - why announce you are bringing in the FBI and then not allow a communication channel or clearly define what role each partner has is fair to all involved.

You say "too early" I say NO WAY! When it comes to missing people - minutes count! And here we have 12 long hot summer days.
Having one contact person and phone number is not unusual IMO. Sometimes a special hotline is created and several people sort through the tips. But, one spokesperson isn't unusual. I absolutely agree that minutes count. I just think it is too early to assume negligence as we are not privy to most of the evidence.

I don't know about that. BTK seemed quite comfortable assaulting and murdering all ages, as did Israel Keyes. Abducting 2 girls may have been more fun than abducting one, and abducting an adult female may be more fun than abducting children. Also, there was the case of Jessica Lunsford (something like that) who was abducted, murdered, and dismembered by a 17 year old. He initially tried to abduct an adult female and didn't succeed so his next victim was a child. In that case he did succeed. He drove up beside her, opened the car door, grabbed her, shoved her in, and drove away.

The abduction of Mollie could have been that easy where a driver stops a little ahead of where she is jogging, gets out of the car, opens the back door, grabs her as she approaches, and done.
we dont know, it is looking more like she was not abducted jogging

JMO
Interesting thoughts about the dates and possible fixation on the Friday the 13th.

Serial killers do sometimes keep track of things like that and since abduction is a crime of opportunity a lot of the times then you could be right that he may have just not been able to find a victim on the 13th and kept trying until he got his chance. Its a scary thought but possible.

The 2 girls that were killed up north I do think were killed by a real serial killer that has not yet been caught. And I always wondered if maybe the Indiana girls were killed by the same person.

Notice the date of the Indiana killings were also on the 13th. That was a Monday though but still. Maybe the number 13 is what hes after. They were found the next day on the 14th. Hmmm

"On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail J. "Abby" Williams and Liberty Rose Lynn "Libby" German were discovered on a hiking trail in Delphi, Indiana,"

Murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German - Wikipedia

In my opinion, what makes the date in Mollie's disappearance significant is that it's a date when her housemates were out of town and she was alone.

For awhile I thought this might be a crime of opportunity (like Vanessa Marcotte's case in MA when a stranger attacked her while she was jogging), but now I'm leaning toward acquaintance/known-person involvement in the home. I think someone knew she was home alone.

Speculation only. JMOpinion at the moment, subject to change.

Last edited:
For those who can't access the Dubuque Telegraph Herald article about the man who attacked a jogger, it has been updated to say they are looking for a white male in his 20s with wavy brown hair.

IMO, the best source for Dubuque news is the Dubuque in Pursuit of Justice Facebook page, but there is no mention of this incident on there yet.

I was in Dubuque earlier today and there is a big electronic billboard with Mollie's missing poster on the main road through town.

The two little girls that got killed in 2012 have more in common with the two girls that got killed in indiana. I dont think those cased have any connection to this one.
The interesting thing about all three of these cases is I-80. Although Delphi is 6 hours West, they all have similar environments- lots of farms, cattle and other livestock- but then again, it is the mid-west, and that is what drives most of these rural areas. There is a lot of cattle buying and Pig finishing that goes on, and therefor creates a lot of trucking to and from these areas delivering the livestock to other farms. Not saying that is what has happened here, just a similarity between areas. MOO
Edit- Delphi is 6 hours E of Brooklyn

I grew up in an Oklahoma town almost the exact size of Brooklyn, and we always locked the door if we left the house, and at night. My parents still live there, and now they usually keep the door locked while they’re at home, too (probably because kids & teens aren’t constantly needing in now!) It’s hard for me to imagine not locking the door, even being from a small, rural town.
Yes, I've lived in cities big and small, populated by all colours, Canada and America, rural and suburban, and for each of the many decades, like our neighbours there, we always locked the doors. Period. It's a silliness to think otherwise, or a longing for a nonexistent past "when people trusted one another".

I'm a bit shocked that her mom wasn't more concerned when she didn't show up for dinner that night, especially knowing she was by herself. I'm assuming she was going to walk or run to her mom's house and then drive the car back to the house for getting to work the next day. Another reason her brother texted about her needing a ride to work.

Maybe because the area is considered so safe (it has been suggested they might not even lock their doors there), the mom never worried. That, and every family is different. Who knows, maybe mom may have texted back a “Hey, so are you still going to come by to eat dinner?” kind of message, and when no response came in, just assumed she likely fell asleep, instead of jumping to the thought that something bad must have happened to her.

Yeah, the FBI presence itself isn't at all unusual. They have specialized units in a number of areas like electronics that are available to any local law enforcement unit that wants to call on them. The fact of FBI doesn't surprise me. It's the number reported to be working on the case and how quickly they showed up that surprised me. The last time I saw that many on a single case was Vanessa Marcotte's murder, and her body had already been found at that point.
Yes Carbuff! A TEAM of FBI. 15+. I can see them calling in a nearby FBI agent, but a team? That’s also the reason for the hush hush on the case IMO

Having one contact person and phone number is not unusual IMO. Sometimes a special hotline is created and several people sort through the tips. But, one spokesperson isn't unusual. I absolutely agree that minutes count. I just think it is too early to assume negligence as we are not privy to most of the evidence.
Totally agree. Mollie's disappearance has gone global, and her news trending which unfortunately also brings out the bad. There are many disturbed people that contact law enforcement and tip lines for cases like this and having one call center, spokesperson is not unusual but prudent. MOO.

Officials to give update on missing Iowa woman Mollie Tibbetts (with photos)

The press conference is 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, 4802 Barnes City Road, in Montezuma.

During this press conference, officials say they will provide updates regarding the investigative response, tip line information, rewards and information from The Missing Persons Clearinghouse.

It just feels to me like there's a ton of movement.

I know in my job people question how can I charge .4 for a letter that is a couple paragraphs. Well, there's a lot that goes into that sometimes. All sorts of detail that would be too cumbersome to break out into multiple billing entries. And which would end up costing the client more if I did.

Like needing to look at something in the fil pertinent to a point I'm making. Or researching some legal issue quickly.

There's so much that we all do at our jobs- including those who work caring for kids af their homes- that people can't imagine if they aren't doing the same thing.

I can only imagine how much work they have to do and how much time it takes. Especially in this data and science age. For all we know they have biological forensics they're testing.

It can take a while.

Yeah isn't this church country? I mean wouldn't there have been lots of people on the road at that time?

And and if google churches in Brooklyn there is a collection of them very close in proximity which makes me think folks from all over the place were either going in or out of Brooklyn IA on Wednesday night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken