Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
becausr if more young girls were abducted and killed in parks or just randomly killed it would of been reported on

There have been girls abducted in the last 6 years. That's my point, maybe he didn't like all the attention from abducting little girls - so how many runaways (who look like little girls) between say 16-20 have there been? I don't think anyone can say definitively that he never killed again.

I cringe with the recurring threads discussing Mom not freaking out over a “no show” Mollie for dinner. PLEEEEEEASE LET IT GO. When my 19 year old daughter is juggling work and college (especially finals week or the week before finals), I do not bombard her with texts if she doesn’t show up for dinner. Sometimes I check her location on “find my phone”. Sometimes I don’t. This is an age of letting go- by both parent and young adult. My daughter was nearly 3 hrs late for Easter Brunch because she got called in to an extra shift at work & was behind on a paper that was due. Somebody mentioned that the summer session was ending this week- and she would have had to turn in projects/papers before the DR wedding. She was probably burning the candle at both ends. If I were her Mom, I’d just assume she was down to the wire on a due date & taking advantage of having the peace & quiet of an empty house before the trip next week. She would have no reason to assume anything else. Please don’t second guess this devasted mother’s decision...

HOw does a Grand Jury work? Does the suspect know they are being discussed?

There have been girls abducted in the last 6 years. That's my point, maybe he didn't like all the attention from abducting little girls - so how many runaways (who look like little girls) between say 16-20 have there been? I don't think anyone can say definitively that he never killed again.
whomever killed those girls in iowa and indiana likes the thrill of taking them in parks.

For those who can't access the Dubuque Telegraph Herald article about the man who attacked a jogger, it has been updated to say they are looking for a white male in his 20s with wavy brown hair.

IMO, the best source for Dubuque news is the Dubuque in Pursuit of Justice Facebook page, but there is no mention of this incident on there yet.

I was in Dubuque earlier today and there is a big electronic billboard with Mollie's missing poster on the main road through town.
It was earlier reported that the jogger recanted her story of alleged attack. Makes sense why story only reported on Telegraph Herald and didn't get picked up by others. (Latest "Police News Flash" only alerting on skimmer found on gas pump at a station located on Central St)....

Last edited:
Yes Carbuff! A TEAM of FBI. 15+. I can see them calling in a nearby FBI agent, but a team? That’s also the reason for the hush hush on the case IMO

Yes Carbuff! A TEAM of FBI. 15+. I can see them calling in a nearby FBI agent, but a team? That’s also the reason for the hush hush on the case IMO
15 agents sent so quickly is interesting. I wonder if they believed M. was taken over state lines ? Or if this was a case of trafficking ? Or did they find similarities to another unsolved case(s)....

I’m a few hours away from Brooklyn, but the only church activity that happens here on Wednesday nights is Catholic religious education classes for kids, and that only happens during the school year.

Yes but church activities could be anywhere from 5:30-10PM. So could have been perfectly void of witnesses. And the county fair was going, which is a major annual event. Brooklyn, IA could have been eerily quiet that night.
I beg to differ -

Wednesday night are prayer meeting and midweek services and also a night for some churches to have choir practice, youth group meetings, some churches use that night to have fellowship or business event. For us, we have to be at church around 5 to 5:30 if there something happening - and service usually ends between 7-8. And some folks don't leave right away.

And lets not forget some go to eat out on those nights or drop by the grocery stores, pick up mail at their PO box if they have one in town...

Dead or alive, MT is probably no longer in Poweshiek County? Feels like there has been little to no buzz in Brooklyn and even the surrounding area(s) lately.

Is it possible LE is quietly following on leads way outside the town or state thus the near silence?

The interstate highway(s) are just around the corner. It would have been rather easy to speed out of sight, out of mind.

I've driven on the interstate in the country during the day, and sometimes you don't see a single car for hours. I would imagine it being even more of a ghost town at night, or early morning.

I’m a few hours away from Brooklyn, but the only church activity that happens here on Wednesday nights is Catholic religious education classes for kids, and that only happens during the school year.

You mean to say there is no Vacation Bible School in your town at all?

What's the 2012 case?

You think they're just going to be off work for a week? I mean I hope that's the case because it means it'll be solved any minute now.

But there are other expenses if they're trying to print things and make buttons, etc.

Ugh. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it.

Welcome to websleuths!!!!

It's a great question. That's what was happening at the outset of the case. Then the FBI got involved and it immediately stopped. Or right before they announced the FBI was on the case.

Then they went to targeted searches by professional FBI searchers.

To me it indicates that they found a direction the moment the FBI analyzed electronic evidence.

It was coupled with the announcement that they got a "solid timeline" and knew her direction of travel.

I feel like they just don't think the public will be of help.

But if that was my kid I would be personally walking every damn row of corn. At least I think I would. If I wasn't paralyzed with grief and fear.

If that was my friend even. Or any family member. I would be searching and organizing.

But no one is.

That might be more telling than the lack of LE organized public searches.

What does it mean?

I would be the same way! Unless LE told me they have a lead that I don’t need to be searching. It’s a mother’s worst nightmare, my heart breaks just thinking about what she’s going through.

Sorry, I don't buy that. When I was a kid we moved to a very small town, smaller than Brooklyn most people looked their doors when they went out of town or were gone for an extended period of time. And most everyone I knew had a hidden key. So, even if you didn't carry one, you had one available.

I buy it. I was born in a small town in the Midwest almost the exact the same size as Brooklyn. Not only did people not lock their doors, but most people did not have locks on their doors. Not only did people not lock their cars, but most people left the keys in the ignition. That was the 1960s and 70s. I'm not sure most people in that town would do that today. But they probably could.

Yea It is more concerning to me that the FBI has put so much manpower into this. It has me concerned they knew right away this was foul play and could be involved with other similar missing people.

I keep wanting to think it was someone local and known to her to make it easy on LE but the huge FBI presence has me leaning the other way too.

Yea It is more concerning to me that the FBI has put so much manpower into this. It has me concerned they knew right away this was foul play and could be involved with other similar missing people.

I keep wanting to think it was someone local and known to her to make it easy on LE but the huge FBI presence has me leaning the other way too.
what if she took off with somebody she knows and she cant get away away from them.

And and if google churches in Brooklyn there is a collection of them very close in proximity which makes me think folks from all over the place were either going in or out of Brooklyn IA on Wednesday night!
In Brooklyn itself, you have a Catholic Church, A Methodist Church and a Presbyterian Church and those aren't churches that run Wednesday night stuff like you see in Penecostal or Evangelical chruches. You would have to go to Grinnell to find most of those or the ones that might have significant congregations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88