AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read right past the info that she was out celebrating by having drinks with friends. My sleuthing skills are so far below the average here on websleuths which is why I usually just follow along but since there was not much activity here I thought I’d give it a try. <blush> So sad to think a missing phone may have been what put her in dangers way if this is an abduction or homicide.

Having worked in food service I can’t imagine ANY reason you’d wear your work uniform if you weren’t working!
Seriously anywhere you want to jump in jump in. Ask the questions and don’t let the rude ones deter you. Especially on cases that haven’t been paid attention to for awhile. Every comment brings them back up to the forefront and helps continue having people look into them.

Young Alabama woman missing after leaving her phone at a bar on a night out

Major points from the article:
  • "Vian had reportedly gone to The Dublin Pub & Eatery with a friend, and left in two separate cars to go to another venue. Along the way, Vian realized that she did not have her cell phone, and flashed her headlights at her friend’s car to alert her, before they pulled in to a gas station to look for her phone in the car. When she didn’t find it, Vian reportedly decided to return to the pub to look for her phone."
  • "Homicide detectives have reportedly taken over the investigation, but the Mobile Police Department has stressed that there is no evidence at this time of foul play."

Last edited:
So she was last known to be going from the Shell on Government Blvd back to the Dublin Pub. There are a lot of different routes that she could have taken to go back there, most of them heavily trafficked and populated. A lot of businesses that could have cameras. I wonder if she ever made it back to Dublin. I know she definitely didn't find her phone, but did she make it there, ask around/look around for her phone, not find it, and leave to try to catch up with the friend? A lot of questions.

Seriously anywhere you want to jump in jump in. Ask the questions and don’t let the rude ones deter you. Especially on cases that haven’t been paid attention to for awhile. Every comment brings them back up to the forefront and helps continue having people look into them.
ThAnk you for your kind reply. I found websleuths when Danielle Stislicki went missing and am amazed by what is done here. Praying Daniella’s case will gain some traction here and that she will be found.

From everything I have read, it appears that Daniella's car remains missing still. That and the fact that she was out having drinks with friends, makes me feel like she may have driven off the road somewhere. I hope bodies of water are being searched.

amazing how many posts are made on Mollie Tibbets' thread in the time it takes one post to show up here.

What happened to Danniella?
I think there‘s around 1000 posts per day for Mollie. At least there are a few posts on this thread. There are so many that don‘t get any attention at all. :(

Picture shows Danniella Vian's
A picture from friends of 25-year old Danniella Vian shows various goals she wrote down in a journal exactly one month before she was last seen.

The photo was given to News 5 by Julie Thomas, Danniella's daughter Cora's grandmother.

Thomas says one of Danniella's friends found it in a journal left behind. She believes it shows Danniella had no intentions of running away from Mobile or her four-year-old daughter.
upload_2018-7-30_23-10-55.jpeg

I feel like they would have if she made it back to the pub. I've left my phone before. Generally staff is pretty good about keeping it. I notice she's from Roswell, which is a bit rough and tumble still (according to my buddy who worked out there for a while). Her Insta title is formerstreetkid.
Picture shows Danniella Vian's
This is interesting. Seems like she was trying to get her life together. I don't have a good feeling about this case at all unfortunately.

I live in the Mobile Area and I am following the case pretty closely. If you all have any questions about the surrounding area please let me know.

To answer some questions:

She worked for PF Changs, the car was purchased on the same day she disappeared, she went to Dublins Pub on Old Shell road to celebrate getting a car finally. Her and a friend/s left Dublins to go to another location, most likely downtown Mobile, (Dauphin Street). At some point (All of this according to a friend) she realized she didn't have her phone, flashed her lights to her friend (male) in a separate car and pulled over at the shell station on Government Blvd. 2 cars pulled into the gas station, a couple of minutes later one of the cars leaves, a couple of minutes later another car pulls in, then after that both cars leave. According to the friend, he thought Danniella was following him but she never arrived back at Dublins. The phone has been located and turned over to the police. I believe it was found in the parking lot of Dublins, but not 100% sure.

There is surveillance video of this, but the police are not releasing it. Here is a Description of the video: Exclusive: Surveillance video may show missing Mobile mother

In the video in the link above they talk about the GPS on her car going dead at the gas station or that there was never another ping after that. I'm not sure if the GPS pings when the car is started or if it is a constant connection.

Her car has not been located.

I live in the Mobile Area and I am following the case pretty closely. If you all have any questions about the surrounding area please let me know.

She worked for PF Changs, the car was purchased on the same day she disappeared, she went to Dublins Pub on Old Shell road to celebrate getting a car finally. Her and a friend/s left Dublins to go to another location, most likely downtown Mobile, (Dauphin Street). At some point (All of this according to a friend) she realized she didn't have her phone, flashed her lights to her friend (male) in a separate car and pulled over at the shell station on Government Blvd. 2 cars pulled into the gas station, a couple of minutes later one of the cars leaves, a couple of minutes later another car pulls in, then after that both cars leave. According to the friend, he thought Danniella was following him but she never arrived back at Dublins. The phone has been located and turned over to the police. I believe it was found in the parking lot of Dublins, but not 100% sure.

There is surveillance video of this, but the police are not releasing it. Here is a Description of the video: Exclusive: Surveillance video may show missing Mobile mother

In the video in the link above they talk about the GPS on her car going dead at the gas station or that there was never another ping after that. I'm not sure if the GPS pings when the car is started or if it is a constant connection.

Thanks for the background information. The link also answers why the case was turned over to homicide detectives:
The search for Danniella Vian is not a homicide investigation. It is a missing persons case assigned to homicide detectives. MPD tells us the Homicide Dept. have a lower caseload than the actual Missing Persons division, so homicide investigators currently have the case.

I wonder why Mobile police do not want the surveillance video to be released.

was this all an elaborate ruse by the person from whom she purchased the car? I have not read every word in every article yet but has it been reported where she purchased the vehicle?

ETA: Vehicle reported as having "Paper tags from Pearl Motors", so not a private seller. There goes that working idea (pretty much).

Last edited:

Well that’s strange that her gps stopped working at the gas station. Wonder if the video shows someone tinkering with her car?

How far is it from the shell station to Dublin’s? Is there any water nearby? Or any place she could have had an accident and not be seen?

The friend went back to Dublin’s too? Wonder if he is the one who found the phone?

What kind of crime does that area have?

Well that’s strange that her gps stopped working at the gas station. Wonder if the video shows someone tinkering with her car?

How far is it from the shell station to Dublin’s? Is there any water nearby? Or any place she could have had an accident and not be seen?

The friend went back to Dublin’s too? Wonder if he is the one who found the phone?

What kind of crime does that area have?

Depending on which route she would have taken the gas station is anywhere from 5.8 miles to 6.6 miles from the pub. At that time of night, it would have taken roughly 10-13 minutes roughly to get from point A to B. There's water nearby but it's not right on the main road there. Plus, that's a usually heavily trafficked area although it was a Tuesday night.

As far as crime rate goes, I personally wouldn't walk around down there by myself but that's just MY opinion. I will leave this article here for you to be the judge: After tragic murders, shootings, Mobile's crime rate could hit 5 year high

Depending on which route she would have taken the gas station is anywhere from 5.8 miles to 6.6 miles from the pub. At that time of night, it would have taken roughly 10-13 minutes roughly to get from point A to B. There's water nearby but it's not right on the main road there. Plus, that's a usually heavily trafficked area although it was a Tuesday night.

As far as crime rate goes, I personally wouldn't walk around down there by myself but that's just MY opinion. I will leave this article here for you to be the judge: After tragic murders, shootings, Mobile's crime rate could hit 5 year high

Wow! Less than 7 Miles either way and she just disappeared! I was wondering about carjackings. Though, I would think, they would’ve found her by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken