AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the phone has definitely been located? That leaves a really narrow window of time. Her insta is not public. I'm wondering if something in her more private posts will reveal more. Mine is private due to harassment from a long ago ex that keeps popping up.
Yeah, the phone has definitely been recovered by MPD. If I'm remembering correctly, it was found in the parking lot of Dublin the next morning. I believe that was stated in one of the widely circulated posts from her child's grandmother's FB page. Trying to find an article that confirms it.

One of the local news outlets had a FB live video today where the reporter states that the case was handed over to homicide because they have more available resources at this time:

In the video above, there's a shot of the flyer made by friends and family. It's interesting that this flyer lists the time of Danniella's disappearance as 10:45, whereas the gas station video is time-stamped at 11:05. I'm guessing they're not convinced she was in the car after Dublin's. Just MOO.

I'm not sure why there is a difference in the times, I don't think they really knew what time she was last seen until the video was looked at. I know that there was a total of 3 cars at the gas station, with Danniella's car leaving at 11:24. No direction of travel after that has been released.

The GPS being shut off or not working is the most interesting part. I have researched how to do it and disabling the GPS isn't just pushing a button to turn it off. You have to find and pull the fuse or open the trunk and disconnect the power supply. Both procedures takes some prior knowledge.

I have not been able to find out if the GPS reporting is something that constantly updates like every minute, or if it just reports when the car is initially started. IF it only reports when initially started then the car could be parked anywhere and or destroyed or under water.

As far as water, there are numerous lakes in the area, most are off the main road. There is a lake off of Lakeside Drive which is adjacent to the Shell station. There is a canal to the east of the station, but it really isn't that deep.

You can see the shell station at the bottom marker and the lake just north of the station.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 64
[snip]
The GPS being shut off or not working is the most interesting part. I have researched how to do it and disabling the GPS isn't just pushing a button to turn it off. You have to find and pull the fuse or open the trunk and disconnect the power supply. Both procedures takes some prior knowledge.

I have not been able to find out if the GPS reporting is something that constantly updates like every minute, or if it just reports when the car is initially started. IF it only reports when initially started then the car could be parked anywhere and or destroyed or under water.

[snip]

By the way, welcome to Websleuths, 3dzer0! Thanks for contributing. I'm certainly no expert, but I would think it's constant because GPS also tracks vehicle speed, etc., but again, I'm no expert. I personally think it is a mighty big coincidence that the phone wasn't in the car, and the gps wasn't working past the gas station, either. Carjacking is my main concern, but why would someone go to all the trouble, and where is Dannielle? If they wanted the car, surely it would have been easier to steal it some other way, and not involve her. I'm so worried for her.

Last edited:
This one just gives me a really bad feeling. I hope all “friends” she was with that night are being very closely looked at until their timeline of events is 100% vetted and confirmed. Worried about Danniella for sure.

Initially after seeing her list of goals centered around getting her car, I thought maybe she just wanted some time to herself now that she has the new freedom of a car. But the gps bothers me. Although, if she got the car that day from a dealership, she could have asked questions about her new car and about the gps so that she would be able to disable it herself. So, maybe we can hope that she just needed a few days away? I hope that’s the case and that she is safe. I just don’t know though. I don’t like it.

That is something else I find odd, the friend that was with her has not been named and he has not spoken up. I know if she was my friend and I was the last one to see her I would be all over social media, the news etc trying to find out what happen to her.

This leaves me with 2 thoughts, either the police have told this individual not to say anything because of the second car involved or that friend is a suspect themselves.

Thanks and I am glad to be here. This one hits close to home for myself, I have daughters that go to South Alabama and they have been to Dublin's on multiple occasions, and the Shell gas station is only a couple of miles from my house.
Howdy neighbor! Hits very close to home for me too. I live close to the Shell as well. A few friends of mine were just at Dublin the other night for their Harry Potter night and others work at, attend, and live around USA. Gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I'm glad that DV's friends/family have been very active in getting her flyers out. They're in a lot of storefronts and along a lot of walls downtown.

Family of missing woman going to local churches for help
It's been 2 weeks today since Danniella Vian was last seen. Vian went missing Tuesday, July 17 after going to a pub to look for her phone. Tonight, her family continues their efforts to find her.

They're putting up signs with Vian's face on them in hopes this is another step closer to finding her. Church by church, they're stopping to place her picture in the window. They want to make sure her face is out as much as possible. The belief is that somebody knows something.

$2,000 reward offered in Danniella Vian missing person case
The Mobile Police Department is offering $2,000 to anyone that can offer information that leads to the discovery of missing Mobile woman Danniella Vian.

MPD Chief of Police Lawrence Battiste said that Vian's case is not an ordinary missing person scenario.

"Some people go missing because they want to," he said during a press conference Thursday , while also adding that Vian had no history of disappearing. "There is nothing that has led investigators to where she might be."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy