Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if someone disposed of an item related to Mollie in the manure lagoon @ the hog confinement imagine they are huge. Although am only familiar with fairy lagoons.

I hope they choose their words very carefully at the press conference because every word and how it is used is going to be dissected by people all across the internet. :eek:

And...just again pointing this out: "The Tuesday update will be at the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office. But Rick Rahn, a special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told Fox News that no case facts will be laid out during the press conference." :(;)

Mollie Tibbetts' father says he is putting his faith in the investigators

My heart breaks for this father. It is true. He did say “please come home. It will be okay. ‘
Maybe he is holding out hope that she left voluntarilybecause that would mean she’s alive.
I don’t know what to make of this case. I do believe the mom has given indication of believing molly ran away. I don’t believe she did.
Maybe they have evidence she was talking to other guys online and hopefully ran off with one, (no way do I believe she did that) but what I’m saying is perhaps if they found out there was another guy she was talking to, that would seem out of character to them and open up the possibility that she left and is afraid to come home, could be why her dad said it will be okay. For some reason he indicated she may be afraid to come home, by saying the reassuring “it will be okay”.
I speculate she was upset or hurt (though hiding it) by her bf’s lack of commitment/ lack of proposal to her. I have gathered this in her posts and recognize it even though it’s subtle indication. So while she could have been talking to other people online, i don’t see her as being someone who would cheat.

Gunslinging Granny - I just watched the video on Youtube. I am a non-native speaker as you can tell from my messages so I just watched the video again, this time with subtitles in English in case I had misunderstood. The video is from KCCI 8 News (Iowa TV channel?) and the reporter looked 100% legit. Edited: The video was uploaded 3 hours ago on the KCCI page on Youtube, title "Just come home: Mollie Tibbetts' father shares emotional plea" . He said those precise words in the 1:47 minute of the video.

<modsnipped- please provide link and timestamp to substantiate>

I don't know. Maybe because they know more than we think?

I feel like I would be, as a parent. Going door to door. Begging for info. Searching row after row of corn.
Asking people everywhere if they've heard of anyone acting strangely or missing work. Questioning her friends.

I know it's a needle in a haystack but I feel like I wouldn't stop.

Maybe they know something.

Jake said they'd been getting up at 5 a.m. to look for her "in every field, every ditch, every creek."

Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

Thank you so much for posting this....it makes it so very real the sadness they are feeling....and he said "the kind of person she was"... @3:20 or there :( I know what he means, and I know he believes she is alive.
(Not sure if direct quote but :( breaks my ever-loving heart....
Don't let it be please...But he seems super convinced she is alive thank goodness.)

Wow. He was as diplomatic and tight lipped as LE. Not giving real info. He's very smart. No wonder he spoke.

I wonder how her poor mama is doing.

I believe her family know more than they can disclose.

Restricted by LE.
My reason being. Why would you praise LE when they haven't brought home/found your daughter? I would be banging at their (Police) door, phoning every 2mins, basically, harassing them. I would not (personally) be praising them. Which makes me think her family no more.

I was wondering if someone disposed of an item related to Mollie in the manure lagoon @ the hog confinement imagine they are huge. Although am only familiar with fairy lagoons.
It wouldn't have even needed to be put in the lagoon, Hogs in those confinements can devour anything in a short amount of time.

I don't believe we are certain the Fitbit led them to the farm, are we? We know "a tip" did...be it data from the Fitbit, or a call or email to a tip line. I think LE has been vague about how they came up with the farm. I think we speculated it was her Fitbit data, but I wouldn't take that as fact.

Mollie Tibbetts: 'We follow through on everything,' investigators say of search

"There was nothing of investigative value last night that was discovered with the search," Mortvedt said. The search was the subject of speculation Wednesday and Thursday on social media.

Thanks, maybe I've only seen changed articles. But I still don't recall reading any that stated her brother asked if she needed a ride from work, either. I've read he did give her a ride, and then asked if she needed a ride home (from where not specified), but in the context of the articles, it was in relation to her mother asking if she was leaving the boyfriend's to come home for dinner.

BBM

The text from the brother asking if she needed a ride home was sent at 7:30am on Thursday. It was not related to her coming home for dinner on Wednesday night.

I don't believe we are certain the Fitbit led them to the farm, are we? We know "a tip" did...be it data from the Fitbit, or a call or email to a tip line. I think LE has been vague about how they came up with the farm. I think we speculated it was her Fitbit data, but I wouldn't take that as fact.
This report says it was from a "ping." Don't know that it's accurate, though...
Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of University Of Iowa Student Mollie Tibbetts

Since she actually lived at home (I think) for the summer and was just overnighting at the boyfriend's to dog sit, her clothes, Etc, might have been back at her own home. When my kids have done house sitting they've still had to stop in at the house on the way to work to make their lunches, shower (they didn't mess with taking shampoo, razors, etc, to the other place for just a few nights knowing they'd be coming home to get their lunch stuff in the morning anyway), etc.
RSBM. She wasn't just overnighting, she basically split time there with time at her mom's house all summer. She stayed there regularly with him.

What do you mean you disagree? We know for fact the locations marked on the map are incorrect.

I wonder if they were trying to show previous addresses, before the home was purchased
People are free to search all they want. Interestingly, her family and friends don't seem to be conducting any searches and they are 100% free to do so.

It's shocking to me that people think if a person isn't found within days, that means LE doesn't know what it's doing and the public should take over the investigation.

Again, her family have expressed total confidence in LE. How can we know better than they do?

Maybe they don't feel they are free to search. After all, LE ( or the FBI?) asked them to stop searching in the beginning. Maybe they've asked to resume and LE still said please don't. If they are trusting LE completely, believing they know best (and no doubt were given a reason) why wouldn't they listen?

That's very true. Guess it would be necessary to pump the lagoon to search

Can you give general type info?
Hi, I am new so don't want to run into issues with TOS and moderator who said farms are off limits unfortunately. I can tell you how I started to get info so you can recreate what I did. The addresses of the farms are listed in a couple of the maps done in earlier threads. From the address info I was able to track back to Federal, State and Town records. For one of the farms the owners was interviewed by local tv and family name was given so that was easy. I've been trying to figure out how labor intensive hog farming is and so have been trying to figure out how many people are employed at these various operations. As an aside I am not convinced an employee of the farm or farm owner is involved - they clearly haven't named any POI in case (why I'm not posting any info). I became interested in the farms because maybe a truck or person holding MT passed through the farms? So now I am looking at trucking firms associated with animal ag industry that have relationship with farms searched. Won't post anything on this though as its pure speculation.

I don't know. Maybe because they know more than we think?

I feel like I would be, as a parent. Going door to door. Begging for info. Searching row after row of corn.
Asking people everywhere if they've heard of anyone acting strangely or missing work. Questioning her friends.

I know it's a needle in a haystack but I feel like I wouldn't stop.

Maybe they know something.
I feel like that’s what I would be doing too. I imagine I would have to be tied to a chair to keep me from wandering the town, even aimlessly, looking for her. . This is my personality. When something is wrong I try to jump on it and fix it, even if I can’t. And when I am upset I get antsy. The mom in Emperors New Groove - she gets all upset and says ‘I’ve got to go clean aomething’ That’s me. I am not criticizing them for not doing so. They may know something. They may have been told by the LE to stay at home or not to search etc. If LE told me that, even if it drove me insane I would listen.

Imagine if you're a property owner who happens to live near a criminal investigation, but you have absolutely nothing to do with the crime. Then, someone on the internet posts information about you and your property for the world to talk about.

Not cool.

WS doesn't allow it for good reason. But if you think you have info that should be discussed, ask a moderator if it's okay.

jmo
I agree with you. I was only asking because it was handled differently with another case. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member