Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie Tibbetts search: Boyfriend of missing Iowa student says scrutiny on him is unwarranted

Mollie Tibbetts search: Boyfriend of missing Iowa student says scrutiny on him is unwarranted

New article.

Per the article:

"Neighbor Dave Collum, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening."

So she did make it home after the run?

New article.
Is this new information?:

Neighbor Dave Collum, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening.

Based on the released timeline, she was last seen jogging at 7:30. My question: Are there any known industries that do "swing shift" work like 7am to 7pm? Hospitals, factories, car dealer, convenient store, fast food, car mechanic shop, etc? Meaning, many crimes are just impulsive and bad timing for the victim. Wrong place, wrong time. Who in the area gets off work at 7pm or 7:30pm? Just a thought. Grasping for straws.

After the Cullen quote in that article, it says that Winker wouldn't verify that claim or something along those lines. However, they obviously can't control what neighbors say to the media and also obviously don't plan on verifying anything or letting anything slip. So this could be true.

So maybe she was at home doing HW while chatting with someone on text or SM, someone who was not normally in Brooklyn but there that night and wanted to meet up with her? I keep going back to the line of "Who was in/near Brooklyn that night."

I think they are being vague in the timeline so the person(s) they are watching can’t establish an alibi prior to questioning. I really hope they find her alive but it’s getting harder to think that will happen. I was thinking with the Fitbit info they were hoping to flush someone out who would go back to her to get the Fitbit.

Per the article:

"Neighbor Dave Collum, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening."

So she did make it home after the run?

Seems odd that LE would release that information to a neighbor and equally as odd that said neighbor would have any reason to be dishonest. So, maybe LE was intentionally dropping misinformation as a tactic?

In that new article, there's this:

Still unsubstantiated by LE but that's a new person described as saying it.

Although I think they're also getting some names wrong so who knows about these reports...

Quote source: Investigators still baffled by disappearance of Iowa student

This would be very big. Means they're actually getting usable fitbit data and yet another person being told she made it home.

If they know the route she jogged because of the fitbit they're able to piece together all of her movements until it was removed, either by her or the perp. That is great news if true.

If I saw that guy in Pella recording girls running I’d start recording him, go up to his car and tell him that I hope he always wanted to be “Facebook Famous” & ask him as to why he’s recording teenage girls running. I definitely would not be concerned with that creeps ‘legal rights to do so’. This case hits close to home after we lost Katrina Ventrano in the summer of 2016 here in New York. God Bless this Mollie & her family.

Can we only edit or delete after a certain amount of time? I can't figure out how to delete my past posts. :(

I think we can only edit for a limited
amount of time--maybe a half hour?

We can't do a true delete of a post. If you want to delete--you'll have to edit the entire content out--just leave a placeholder that says 'deleted', or ---

New article.

Somebody posted earlier saying Molly’s family and boyfriend weren’t at the presser today. They all were there.

From the above link...

Friends and family of Mollie Tibbetts walk into the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office before a news conference to discuss updates in the search for the missing 20-year-old on Tuesday, July 31, 2018, in Montezuma. Kelsey Kramer/The Register

Attachments

• 29B88A33-2B95-4491-BE17-0BB3F80B6486.jpeg
    29B88A33-2B95-4491-BE17-0BB3F80B6486.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 79
This would be very big. Means they're actually getting usable fitbit data and yet another person being told she made it home.

If they know the route she jogged because of the fitbit they're able to piece together all of her movements until it was removed, either by her or the perp. That is great news if true.

Or the Fitbit made it back to the house. ?? IDK

jmo

I think we can only edit for a limited
amount of time--maybe a half hour?

We can't do a true delete of a post. If you want to delete--you'll have to edit the entire content out--just leave a placeholder that says 'deleted', or ---

But I can't even edit it so I guess it's too late.

O/T, I apologize if this is an inappropriate place to ask, but, is there a WS forum that contains all the abbreviations that people use in forums (e.g., BBM, RSBM, etc.). Sometimes I see people use these abbreviations, and most of them I can figure out ("MOO" = My Opinion Only), but it would be helpful if I understood all the lingo! Much appreciated, thank you!

New article.
Oddly in that article (and other articles as well right now) is that they have the wrong first name for the fiance.

But this stood out ...

Neighbor Dave Collum, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening.

Why would investigators tell him about FitBit and her route or she made it home safely or even that Mollie was doing her homework later that evening?

I don't know what to make of that.

Unless she was taken by a Luddite, the possible POI, if there is one, has a phone, etc...hard if not impossible to believe he has not used a device in almost 2weeks or had his phone pinged. Or taken $ from ATM. It is just not that easy to remain “whereabouts unknown’ as it once was, so if there is a “who” there should be a “where” by now and jmo LE/FBI would not sit around and hope for the best. Especially if they thought she was alive and in danger. The other option for me is her possible state of mind causing concern for her well-being...it would necessary to locate her, regardless whether she wants to return or not.

I have not read one convincing reason why LE would have a POI and not have found him by now. Jmo

Interesting. This was new to me: Blake Jack told The Associated Press on Tuesday that on July 18, he was visiting his fiancee, Aimee Houghton, in Ames, where she is working this summer. He said his brother was working a job for their family construction company about 100 miles away in Dubuque.

I thought AH was there with BJ, who was working a construction job.

That's really weird. Everything we've been told was that he was working a job in Ames not visiting his fiancée. Considering this is coming straight from him I assume this is true.

Doesn't really change anything or have any relevance to the investigation just more bad reporting it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie