Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow, is the day.
Surely the decision will be that we go to a 'Trial for Murder': Defence tactics were all in vain.
Hope BR appears in Court for this decision, as Defence would have given him 'hope': pity we will not see his face.:(

I am feeling pretty confident that a murder trial will be scheduled tomorrow.

In all I can find about reductions of charges, it seems that the requests (representations) for this type of thing are made before any committal proceedings commence. The prosecutor is generally approached by the defence, and an agreement is sometimes made.

I can't find anything at all about a reduction of charges being awarded by the court, though maybe it has happened at some time as Borce's lawyers are trying it.

I recall that when Gable Tostee was tried in Qld, both murder and manslaughter were the charges. The jury could have gone for either.
Jury hands down verdict in Tostee murder trial

In all I can find about reductions of charges, it seems that the requests (representations) for this type of thing are made before any committal proceedings commence. The prosecutor is generally approached by the defence, and an agreement is sometimes made.

I can't find anything at all about a reduction of charges being awarded by the court, though maybe it has happened at some time as Borce's lawyers are trying it.

I recall that when Gable Tostee was tried in Qld, both murder and manslaughter were the charges. The jury could have gone for either.
And didn't they get that wrong! Still can't believe that.

Unfortunately have appointments in the morning, but will be back here ASAP to see the result. Fingers crossed.

All roads lead to Borce and the judge is no dummy. It will go to a trial for murder.

Has Vasko been cleared? Borce borrowed money of his brother.

Welcome, The Odd Sock. I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure.

Vasko hasn’t been cleared per se but, then again, he hasn’t been charged as an accessory after the fact either.

I don’t remember where it was stated that Vasko lent BR money. Could you, or another poster, refresh my memory please?

I’m very interest with the report where Borce’s face was seen inside Karen’s vehicle by some face recognition expert in court. I can’t find link atm.
I hope I have the wording right.

Dr Sorell, a lecturer at the University of Adelaide, said CCTV footage taken near Diggers Rest on the day she went missing showed a car like Ms Ristevski’s.

The footage is blurry but Dr Sorell said the driver in question had features “broadly consistent” with Mr Ristevski.

“I would note the short hair, coloured light grey,” he said.

Dr Sorell also noted the driver’s physical features were not consistent with the brunette Karen Ristevski.

“The physical features are not a match in terms of long hair, in particular the colour.”

Mercedes driver was likely Borce: court

Welcome, The Odd Sock. I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure.

Vasko hasn’t been cleared per se but, then again, he hasn’t been charged as an accessory after the fact either.

I don’t remember where it was stated that Vasko lent BR money. Could you, or another poster, refresh my memory please?

Over the years I’m sure there was money lent and borrowed between the two brothers.

Unless Vasko is in it up to armpits he won’t go accessory IMO.
In the Baden-Clay carnival, his parents and sister were there cleaning the home from top to toe when the cops arrived. Allison’s mum stated she’d never seen the house so clean and smelling of bleach. They knew what they were cleaning mark my words and they remain walking free.

I’m very interest with the report where Borce’s face was seen inside Karen’s vehicle by some face recognition expert in court. I can’t find link atm.
I hope I have the wording right.
Expert witness Dr Matthew Sorell spent 50 hours reviewing various pieces of CCTV footage showing a black Mercedes-Benz driving to and from Diggers Rest. He gave evidence that the car's driver was unlikely to be Mrs Ristevski.
“The physical features are not a match in terms of long hair and in particular the colour of the hair,” the University of Adelaide academic said.

He said the driver “broadly” had the same physical characteristics as Mr Ristevski, such as grey and short hair.

Husband said Karen Ristevski 'went missing 20 times', court told

CCTV footage of a car believed to be Karen Ristevski’s black Mercedes shows a driver consistent with Borce Ristevski’s appearance, a court has heard.

Adelaide University lecturer Dr Matthew Sorell spent 50 hours examining CCTV footage of the black car at the request of police.

Today he told the Melbourne Magistrates Court the driver’s features were consistent with Mr Ristevski and not his wife.
Dr Sorell said the driver’s features were “consistent with Borce Ristevski” but could not definitively say it was him.

“I would agree that anyone having broadly similar characteristics could be a match,” he said.

Nocookies

Over the years I’m sure there was money lent and borrowed between the two brothers.

Unless Vasko is in it up to armpits he won’t go accessory IMO.
In the Baden-Clay carnival, his parents and sister were there cleaning the home from top to toe when the cops arrived. Allison’s mum stated she’d never seen the house so clean and smelling of bleach. They knew what they were cleaning mark my words and they remain walking free.

No doubt there was some financial wheeling and dealing going on between the Dodgey Brothers, tgy. I simply thought there was an MSM article I’d missed, or didn’t remember, specifying a loan from VR to his brother.

I agree with you, I don’t think that if anyone else was involved in concealing Karen’s remains, that they will stand trial. If Borce goes down, I suspect he’ll do it alone.

Last edited:
Dr Sorell, a lecturer at the University of Adelaide, said CCTV footage taken near Diggers Rest on the day she went missing showed a car like Ms Ristevski’s.

The footage is blurry but Dr Sorell said the driver in question had features “broadly consistent” with Mr Ristevski.

“I would note the short hair, coloured light grey,” he said.

Dr Sorell also noted the driver’s physical features were not consistent with the brunette Karen Ristevski.

“The physical features are not a match in terms of long hair, in particular the colour.”

Mercedes driver was likely Borce: court

We zoomed inside out & upside down and I recall someone saw a dog in the car. (Benji or Borce)

I want to see the digitised images of Ol’ Borce who was at home doing the book work oh wait! He was ubering. Oh wait he was checking the fuel gauge.

8FEEE747-AF8F-43F7-ACB7-29E0356D0E55.gif Oh wait he was SMOKIN’

Last edited:
We zoomed inside out & upside down and I recall someone saw a dog in the car. (Benji or Borce)

I want to see the digitised images of Ol’ Borce who was at home doing the book work oh wait! He was ubering. Oh wait he was checking the fuel gauge.

View attachment 140526 Oh wait he was SMOKIN’

I am a little worried that Dr Sorell is not exactly a facial recognition expert.

I don't think you need to worry, Borce has already admitted to driving the car ... to get petrol, to test the fuel gauge, to go buy shisha ... whichever story is the flavour of the day.

Dr Sorrell offers only one small part of further evidence.

Some of his credentials .....

3. Cyber crime and digital forensic investigation. This includes expert witness work in criminal cases, assisting both police and defence; and some work in civil courts. Work has included cryptanalysis of PGP, validation of images, research in image and video provenance, etc.
In 2008 and 2009 I founded and was general chair of the International Conference on Forensic Analysis and Techniques in Telecommunications, Information and Multimedia (eForensics). In 2013 I was an invited academic observer at the UNODC Intergovernmental Experts Group on Cybercrime in Vienna.

Dr Matthew Sorell | Researcher Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member