TX - Dr. Mark Hausknecht, 65, Physician to GHW Bush killed in bicycle drive-by shooting, Houston

I read that Pappas' mother died in 1997 at the age of 90. He should be 41 then, which means his mother was 49 years old than him, isn't it interesting?
(I'm seriously questioning a heart surgeon would operate on a 90 year old patient)

Interventional cardiologist, not surgeon, but for every one that takes a pass, there's probably one that will do a procedure on a patient. Honestly, he was probably trying to help her and thought she was a good candidate for the procedure whatever it was, or that it was her only option or chance at extending life. For all we know, he counseled her that this procedure carried a high degree of risk but she decided to have it anyway because her quality of life was poor or she had a life threatening condition without the intervention.

We weren't even close were we. Professional hit, suspect in his 30's, highly trained killer, well-conditioned.

Pappas doesn't look anything like the sketch. And that's the mainstream proposals.

It went further out than that (foreign agents, affairs, et al). Makes you realize a) The unreliability of eye-witnesses the and and unpredictability of human behavior. Kudos to the brave souls that identified and turned him in. Thank you.

This was a case study in eye witness accounts being misleading. The sketch was obviously off as soon as the first pictures came out. The description of everything including the bike was wrong. It seemed so cold and calculated that a hit seemed likely, but I kept coming back around to the intensely personal nature of it - that face to face confrontation - that the killer wanted the victim to see him and he wanted to see the victim... that seemed to make a personal revenge or vendetta scenario more likely. Otherwise, it seems like a home invasion or something would be far easier, even just shooting from behind at close range...

So sad all around. I'm guessing this person had extensive experience with firearms and had been planning this for 20+ years, so that contributed to how polished it all was...

The video matched to Southgate in the block between Montclair and Stockton. So he rode at least 3 long blocks into the neighborhood. Cardiologists do not perform heart surgery. The perform angiography to picture blood vessels in and out of the heart and they put in stents. they also put in pacemakers I think. There have been some recent articles in the Houston Chronicle that were highly critical of some of the heart surgeons at St Luke's Hospital, I wonder if that is part of what set him off.

Interventional cardiologist, not surgeon, but for every one that takes a pass, there's probably one that will do a procedure on a patient. Honestly, he was probably trying to help her and thought she was a good candidate for the procedure whatever it was, or that it was her only option or chance at extending life. For all we know, he counseled her that this procedure carried a high degree of risk but she decided to have it anyway because her quality of life was poor or she had a life threatening condition without the intervention.

This was a case study in eye witness accounts being misleading. The sketch was obviously off as soon as the first pictures came out. The description of everything including the bike was wrong. It seemed so cold and calculated that a hit seemed likely, but I kept coming back around to the intensely personal nature of it - that face to face confrontation - that the killer wanted the victim to see him and he wanted to see the victim... that seemed to make a personal revenge or vendetta scenario more likely. Otherwise, it seems like a home invasion or something would be far easier, even just shooting from behind at close range...

So sad all around. I'm guessing this person had extensive experience with firearms and had been planning this for 20+ years, so that contributed to how polished it all was...
Intervention cardiologists do a lot of surgical procedures, even though they are not cardiac surgeons.

The video matched to Southgate in the block between Montclair and Stockton. So he rode at least 3 long blocks into the neighborhood. Cardiologists do not perform heart surgery. The perform angiography to picture blood vessels in and out of the heart and they put in stents. they also put in pacemakers I think. There have been some recent articles in the Houston Chronicle that were highly critical of some of the heart surgeons at St Luke's Hospital, I wonder if that is part of what set him off.
Intervention cardiologists do all kinds of surgical procedures, we discussed it all up-thread.

I KNEW it !......grudge killing.......drs. Killed my dad "........I knew it was a relative......a son even........yep......

We weren't even close were we. Professional hit, suspect in his 30's, highly trained killer, well-conditioned.

Pappas doesn't look anything like the sketch. And that's the mainstream proposals.

It went further out than that (foreign agents, affairs, et al). Makes you realize a) The unreliability of eye-witnesses the and and unpredictability of human behavior. Kudos to the brave souls that identified and turned him in. Thank you.
I posted right from the start that the likely motive was a patient or a relative of a patient. The guy wasn't a hitman but he had a lot of planning and practice per the police. He is quite a bit older though than what eyewitness described.

Question: is that picture of Pappas a drivers license photo? looks like a mugshot.

Suspect is a former deputy constable so LE background like I suspected.
"A Houston real estate agent and former deputy constable suspected in the daytime shooting of a cardiologist in the Texas Medical Center last month apparently tried selling a cache of weapons online days after the killing."
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...-doctor-killing-apparently-tried-13124281.php

Interesting news story. It appears to imply that someone other than the police made the connection.

When asked for comment, a Houston Police Department spokesman said investigators would look into the listings.

'Chief Acevedo said it’s possible – and even likely – that Pappas could still be mobile on the bicycle he was known to ride pretty much everywhere.

“I’d be looking for a 10-speed bicycle that he was known to ride extensively and almost exclusively,” said the police chief. “He’s described as a very fit white male. That bicycle has not been recovered. That was his primary mode of getting around on a daily basis.”'

Above from Joseph Pappas: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Sounds like he regularly rode bike and it was his own bike. He really didn't make much effort to disguise himself.

'Chief Acevedo said it’s possible – and even likely – that Pappas could still be mobile on the bicycle he was known to ride pretty much everywhere.

“I’d be looking for a 10-speed bicycle that he was known to ride extensively and almost exclusively,” said the police chief. “He’s described as a very fit white male. That bicycle has not been recovered. That was his primary mode of getting around on a daily basis.”'

Above from Joseph Pappas: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Sounds like he regularly rode bike and it was his own bike. He really didn't make much effort to disguise himself.
Yet witness(es) described him as around 30 year old. That's way, way off.

Maybe he wants people to think he killed himself.

I think you’ve got something there, jjenny!

Wouldn’t make sense to sell the guns for some quick cash if he was going to kill himself. I predict they’ll find him in some tropical paradise, unless they catch him before he gets out of the country.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back