Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi normancita, I edited my post. It seems it’s now called the Parking Lot

If you click the tab for forums and scroll down, you’ll see it.

I can never find the correct scanner thread unless someone shares a link.

Thanks, I see what you mean about it being hard to find.

Hmmm...

Its only a 15 minute drive, young adults especially drive around alllll the time. Thats what we do in the country when we are bored.

Hm so maybe a young person or people drove by looking to pick up a girl? Or maybe not premeditated at all. Just trying to think what the intention for being near her house or jogging path could have been, if a stranger did this

622 W Des Moines St, Brooklyn, IA 52211 to 2161 470th Ave, Guernsey, IA 52221
Google shows three routes:
(by vehicle)
15.1 miles / 20 minutes
13.8 miles / 20 minutes
13.7 miles / 23 minutes

I popped Casey's General Store in there just to do it.
106 W 2nd St, Brooklyn, IA 52211

The four dots make a neat square with these locations. I can imagine a scenario in which someone was at Casey's (dinner time), spotted her, followed her, and waited.

UGH. I'm thinking the worst, and I don't want to.

I was on that search today—I’m sure the details of it will be covered in the press conference tomorrow now that the news made it out there to Guernsey (we started at 8 am this morning by the way)...I’m not going to say anymore than that, just in case the investigators want the details kept quiet...

So this is nerve wracking; cannot begin to fathom how the friends and family feel right now.

How many cases have y'all seen where LE vigorously searched an area once then came back to vigorously search it again? I'm no expert but this tells me something extremely important is around here?

I'm getting the heebies jeebies. Desperately hope it's just the FitBit/phone that leads to an alive Mollie somewhere out there.

The two cases that stand out to me are Mariah and Lucas. In Mariah's case there were multiple events like this in various locations around Mariah's home for about a week before Mariah's body was found. In Lucas Hernandez' case there were even multiple searches like this at one single park, and it was still months for Lucas' body to be found miles away from that park.

But every time I see a sight like this I feel like I can't walk away from the computer. And sometimes you have to drag yourself away because of real life.

And we're total strangers....my heart goes out to Mollie's family to have to go through all of this and all the emotions.

I was on that search today—I’m sure the details of it will be covered in the press conference tomorrow now that the news made it out there to Guernsey (we started at 8 am this morning by the way)...I’m not going to say anymore than that, just in case the investigators want the details kept quiet...
Skaygirl is in the process of being verified so I will allow this to stay for the moment. We are short handed and our verifications are taking longer than normal.

Thank you for searching for Mollie. Thank you for not posting anything which would harm the investigation.

Do we know what time the press conference is tomorrow?

Thanks for letting us know. That is a longer search than many here were saying.

You’re kidding right? Golden State Killer, railroad killer, tourniquet killer, genesee river killer, Blanche Taylor Moore, Charles Cullen - all serial killers who were active in the 1980s. Timmy White, Adam Walsh, Tina Harmon, Kim sue legget, Toni Jean Gibbs, Jacob wetterling - all kidnapped in the 1980s. How many cold cases on this very site are from the 1980s?

How do you explain this? In the 1960s 95% of homicides were solved. Today it's all most a 50/50 chance, even with all the new tools that LE have to solve crimes.

Murder Accountability Project: How many unsolved murders are there? It's greater than the population of Des Moines

Attachments

• MurderCurve.jpg
    MurderCurve.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Or her phone was.

Well perhaps, but I will stick to her being there. Unless you think the perpetrator took her somewhere else and then came back there to dispose of the phone? Only problem with that is that the phone would have pinged elsewhere too.

Knowledge of how LE operates. They don't wait for suspects to destroy evidence, commit more crimes, or leave the country. They grab them immediately. If it turns out to be the wrong person, they deal with that later.
To grab them -- against the suspect's will -- LE must have an arrest warrant, and to get that, LE must have prepared a Probable Cause document presenting the reasons for the arrest. Then it has to be approved by a Court official. Then they can take him/her. This process (P/C doc, approval, arrest doc) can be done very quickly, however. Same process with a Search Warrant.

It could be her phone was discarded there, like thrown out a window and they are trying to find it. If the phone was on when it was discarded, would it ping there until it ran out of battery? Just my own thoughts/questions

To clarify my theory here would be someone took her in a vehicle (most likely) and on the way to bringing her elsewhere, threw the phone out, maybe realizing she'd probably have it on her or seeing it, etc. Again MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420