Identified! CA - Cauc or Hisp Female, 30-50, (Vineyard), Arvin, Kern Co, Mar'11 - Ada Beth Kaplan

folieadeuxnola

70's-80's Jane Doe's
Reaction score
CA – Lady in the Vineyard, Caucasian or Hispanic Female, 30-50, Kern Co, March 2011

Unidentified Female - Lady in the Vineyard

Physical Description:
Race:
Caucasian or Light Skinned Hispanic
Sex: Female
Height: 5’1” (61”)
Weight: 98 lbs.
Hair:
Eye Color:
Clothing:
Jewelry:
Characteristics
/Medical/Scars: C-Section, Mastectomy
Transportation:

Circumstances:
Remains of an unidentified female Caucasian or light skin Hispanic were found in March 2011 at the base of Bear Mountain near Arvin in a vineyard.

It was one of the most horrific murder scenes ever seen by the Kern County Sheriff’s Department.

The woman had been decapitated, her body was completely nude lying on her back it appeared the body had been posed by whoever left her there. The pose was considered by LE to be in the resemblance of a sexual manner.

Blood had been drained from her body, the decapitation itself was notably neat clean cuts. There were no signs of drug use nor tattoos that could be used for identification. The unidentified woman did have surgical scars from a single mastectomy and a C-Section the victim may have possibly battled cancer.

The killer left very few clues and went to extremes to conceal the identity of the victim. The woman’s head has never been found and both thumbs were severed.

The UID’s DNA isn’t in a criminal offender database or missing persons database so her identity remains a mystery.

Detective’s have made this case public only now due to the obvious challenges in identifying her.

Investigating Agencies:
Kern County Sheriff’s Department
1350 Norris Road
Bakersfield, CA. 93308
Tele: 661.861.3110 / 661.322.4040
Web: Kern County Sheriff's Office

Information Sources:

News/Blogs:

08/01/11 – KGET - Mystery Woman in the Vineyard: Gruesome murder remains unsolved

Seeing this it reminds me of another UID found in a vineyard in Arvin, Kern county CA (Grape vineyard 1.4 m east of Wheeler Ridge Rd and 50 yds south of Maricopa-Wheeler canalArvin, California 93203) only years and years prior (1978) and a lot younger (approx. 13 -24) Could there be a connection? Unidentified Person Case

Why is this 2011 case not in Namus?

Last edited:
According to the article the UID case had not been released to the public until now. I had checked NAMUS before posting the UID and yes she is not there. It may be possible her case is not public viewable.

LE decided to release as that they have had issues identifying her. Why hold it for 8 years ... it is a bit puzzling to me as well.

The article also mentioned that there were several cases of individuals being found in the vineyards around that area.

the vineyard is close to a major interstate but isolated so its a common sense dumping ground. usually when such care is taken to conceal an identity the killer must be known to the victim, but this is gory and more SK-ish....

Indeed the gory details were a bit much to read.

With out a head I can understand it being a tough case to match with an MP. LE has her DNA that has not resulted in a hit, thank goodness there are at least a few items we have to search by with MP's that do not have DNA. And if she is not an MP in one of the databsases hopefully the few clues ring a bell to someone that may have lost touch with a friend or relative and contact LE.

Upon reading this and searching, this missing case immediately caught my attention:

Ilma J. Saucedo – The Charley Project

-Missing month before body found
-Consistent race, age, height, weight, and scar on abdomen
-Presumed murdered by her nephew, who two weeks later drove to Bakersfield (Kern County!) to meet a 17-yo girl

Namus link:

Missing Person Case

Upon reading this and searching, this missing case immediately caught my attention:

Ilma J. Saucedo – The Charley Project

-Missing month before body found
-Consistent race, age, height, weight, and scar on abdomen
-Presumed murdered by her nephew, who two weeks later drove to Bakersfield (Kern County!) to meet a 17-yo girl

Namus link:

Missing Person Case

Good catch... Creepedout. she has DNA it would of hit in NAMUS all thou the UID does not have a NAMUS case thinking it may not be visiable to the public as that LE stated her DNA did not match to anyone in the criminal and missing persons databases.

IDK could be completely wrong, kind of bothered that LE waited 7 years later to make it public.

Sure would be nice for NAMUS to give back the identifiers to the public forviewing

Ilma J. Saucedo
The Lost & The Found

Last edited:
I've submitted Saucedo through Doe Network to see if they can be compared. The circumstances are too similar to ignore.

Apologies if this double posts, I'm having connection issues it seems.

Awesome .... hopefully you get a match.

Oh yeah ... WS has been in and out today here nor there

Dave the It guy has been working out a few issues

Thank you Folie for making thread for this Jane Doe. I read her story today and shared on my page too. Absolutely horrific. Yes, very weird LE sat on this case for 7 years, hopefully they were trying to search for perp...

Cause of death is unknown and it could have been due to natural causes too... However posing and draining of her blood? (wthell?). And of course decapitation.

From Mount Vernon Jane Doe case I am aware that posing victim is Very rare occurance. Only one percent of murder victims are posed. Article mentioned that she was posed in very rude and sexual way. That seems like lots of anger towards her from perp and of course her humiliation. That person staying on the scene for some time - well, it was not someone who was shaken by what happened and wanted things to get quickly over with.. Rather someone cocky, angry and calculated.

Again, very similar to MVJD case - perp staying on the scene for considered length of time, in the middle of NY street, posing victim. Only difference in that case, there was no anger. MVJD was posed carefully in peacefull way.

I am really puzzled by draining of this Jane Doe blood. How awfull, crazy, calculating and lengthy process... Why??? What would be any reason for that? I think I read only about one other case ever where it was suspected that it was done.

Sorry for the rumblings, still taken a back by this case.

Thank you Folie for making thread for this Jane Doe. I read her story today and shared on my page too. Absolutely horrific. Yes, very weird LE sat on this case for 7 years, hopefully they were trying to search for perp...

Cause of death is unknown and it could have been due to natural causes too... However posing and draining of her blood? (wthell?). And of course decapitation.

From Mount Vernon Jane Doe case I am aware that posing victim is Very rare occurance. Only one percent of murder victims are posed. Article mentioned that she was posed in very rude and sexual way. That seems like lots of anger towards her from perp and of course her humiliation. That person staying on the scene for some time - well, it was not someone who was shaken by what happened and wanted things to get quickly over with.. Rather someone cocky, angry and calculated.

Again, very similar to MVJD case - perp staying on the scene for considered length of time, in the middle of NY street, posing victim. Only difference in that case, there was no anger. MVJD was posed carefully in peacefull way.

I am really puzzled by draining of this Jane Doe blood. How awfull, crazy, calculating and lengthy process... Why??? What would be any reason for that? I think I read only about one other case ever where it was suspected that it was done.

Your welcome Al ka ... the brutality is horrific

For someone to be meticulous in the removal of the victim's head as that LE stated the cuts were very clean then going on to drain the blood is very calculated and ruthless it was not their first rodeo. The killer went to detail extents to hide the identity of the victim.

It almost sounds like the same process used at a slaughter house. Per LE the decapitation cuts were very clean however the thumbs were shreaded. What would be the reasoning for one cut to be clean and the other shreaded ?

The positioning ... angry significant other, prostitute, gang retaliation violence?

Truly hope LE receives some leads or an identification in her case

Last edited:
Oh lord.....it's totally possible a family member did this to the UID. Another case from the UK about a brother killing his sister...dismembered her, decapitated her....and get rid of her is suitcases in the water....until she came up...... So very obnoxious, who could image that a brother did this to a sister. Gemma McCluskie - Wikipedia

missing that have had a mastectomy...

the black dahlia was exsanguinated :( but not decapitated.

Someone has posted on FB that she has been ruled out as Ilma J. Saucedo? I thought it was posted here first. Any confirmed update on that by any chance?

Have not seen any MSM on the rule out but may have missed it. Checked NAMUS this UID may be there however not viewable to the public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back