LA LA - Eugenie Boisfontaine, 34, Baton Rouge, 13 June 1997 - "Killing Fields"

Shame the hair they had was Eugenie's. Was hoping it belonged to her ex.

Wonder if Tommy will go to jail for the 2 murders

I hope Tommy gets convicted, too.

I have a bad feeling Eugenie's case will not be solved.

I hope Tommy gets convicted, too.

I have a bad feeling Eugenie's case will not be solved.

Just finished watching it, can't believe he asked "as a friend, keep the bond down". What judge would give Tommy bond?

Rodie posted on his page on the 21st that there's 3 more episodes now.

Clearly, cold cases such as this are the most difficult to solve. What would be a good plan of action since the perp will not come forward and as in this case DNA gets degraded beyond use.

To me the best possible route would be circular. To not go directly after the perp, but investigate the circle of people around them. If for example the killer in this case has a circle of a half dozen acquaintances...chances are that at least one of them knows that this person committed the crime. If they too are criminals all the better. At some point one will likely be arrested for a totally unrelated crime. That becomes the opportunity to turn them into possibly divulging info on the original case. If nothing else they could inform investigators to others within the circle that were not previously known.

Rodie posted on his page on the 21st that there's 3 more episodes now.

The Man Behind The Badge, Rodie Sanchez - posted February 21 at 4:57pm ·

How would you like to spend more Tuesday nights with me? Well, you have me for 3 more Tuesdays after tonight. I'm not going away that fast now. Love ya'll too much. Just keep your TV's on Discovery Channel. You will see a preview for it in tonight's episode. I will be posting more info on it. I love surprising you!
Please like and share to let EVERYONE know.

I just watched the last episode where the cell mate told them what Tommy said and how Eugenie's ex had a pick up. The DVR isn't showing any more episodes so I wonder when they'll be on.
Killing Fields is taking a break tonight, But don't worry, It will return next week. See you all then.
Please share to let everyone know.
https://www.facebook.com/DetectiveRodieSanchez/

How many cases connected to girls who went to LSU are unsolved? Did Eugenie or her case have anything in common with any of the other girls who's cases are unsolved?

It's hard for me to imagine that she was attacked and all her credit cards and id fell out in one spot.

Unless I missed something and a whole purse was found, car/house keys, etc.

I just today finished watching this whole series on HULU. I have relatives still living in Baton Rouge as well as an extremely good friend who is an attorney there.

Yes, the whole purse was found there at the spot. BUT, just how many women go out for a walk with their purse? Most would take their keys and maybe a wallet but a whole purse? I am one who doesn't think so.

Now having watched both seasons, I do feel her ex-husband had something to do with it but the DNA found in the panties indicate 3 male DNA stains.

I think the owner of the Alligator Bar definitely knows something, but I think it may be that he knows who Eugenie was there with and who she left with.

This case just breaks my heart and I would give anything to know who did this to Eugenie and see justice for her.

JMO

I was a little confused by that, too. At first, Rodie looked at the Major as if to say "he's full of it". Then the Major says, " I happen to know a detective spoke with you 18 years ago." After the call, there's an obvious edit, and we only hear Rodie say it was all over the papers. He didn't appear embarrassed to me, only PO'd.

Regarding collection of a surreptitious DNA sample, location might have presented a problem. Besides, they were able to learn a lot about the ex's attitude through the exchange, and I think they really wanted to see him in person and question him. IF DNA cleared the ex, then they keep looking.

I think Rodie acted odd about that also. If anyone spoke to the ex-husband during the initial investigation there should be notes on that interaction. The old saying in LE is: "If it ain't on paper, it didn't happen." IOW, if a report wasn't made at the time, it didn't happen.

There is just something I haven't liked about Rodie from the beginning. I can't quite put my finger on it. Give me DeAngelo any day!

Found this online. Can someone break it down for us? more importantly the last paragraph. Is he DNA allowed or not?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...4/schmidt_order-and-reasons.pdf?noredirect=on

I'll try to read it later. You really have to read everything to know what the end means. Apparently her ex is trying to have the DNA thrown out. I mean really, LE could ship it (whatever DNA was on Eugenie) to Paragon to find the perp(s) thru GEDmatch; if they're not doing it already....

Accordingly,
IT IS ORDERED that Michael Schmidt’s motion for summary judgment is GRANTED IN PART. The swabbing of the Hummer door constituted a Fourth Amendment search. The remainder of Schmidt’s motion for summary judgment is DENIED.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the officers’ motion for summary judgment is GRANTED IN PART. All federal claims against the officers in their individual capacities are DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE. The remainder of the officers’ summary judgment motion is DENIED.
New Orleans, Louisiana, April 18, 2017.

I'll try to read it later. You really have to read everything to know what the end means. Apparently her ex is trying to have the DNA thrown out. I mean really, LE could ship it (whatever DNA was on Eugenie) to Paragon to find the perp(s) thru GEDmatch; if they're not doing it already....
YES, I WAS SKIMMING THROUGH IT QUICKLY AND JUST WANTED CONFIRMATION ON MY OWN INTERPRETATION WHICH IS, THE DNA CAN NOT BE USED IN COURT.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...4/schmidt_order-and-reasons.pdf?noredirect=on

Okay, I have finally sat down and read the entire dissent, I see that this was solely to determine if the swabbing of the Hummer was a "search" under the Fourth Amendment. The courts conclude it was. So unfortunate that this was from April 2017 and I have not been able to find anything pertaining to this case more recently than that. I was really hoping to find if the DNA is going to be admissible or not. BUMMER!

Okay, I have finally sat down and read the entire dissent, I see that this was solely to determine if the swabbing of the Hummer was a "search" under the Fourth Amendment. The courts conclude it was. So unfortunate that this was from April 2017 and I have not been able to find anything pertaining to this case more recently than that. I was really hoping to find if the DNA is going to be admissible or not. BUMMER!

I read it too and posted except my reply never posted. I'm not sure that's what it says.

You really have to read it. There is no easy way around it. He compares them doing the DNA to other cases. Right before the part I quoted it says "The Court does not address whether the DNA analysis was a Fourth Amendment search." The judge pretty much says that there are no cases to compare it to if I understand it correctly but he says "IT IS ORDERED that Michael Schmidt’s motion for summary judgment is GRANTED IN PART. The swabbing of the Hummer door constituted a Fourth Amendment search."

In the end he can't sue the TV network or the detectives. He said his rights were violated filming it but the judge says they weren't because he was in a public parking lot, not his home where the case he reviewed was.

I'll try to read it again when I don't have 2 young (1 1/2 and 5) grand kids coming in while I'm trying to read

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AggressiveFruit
Back