Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to leave before the end of the search yesterday, so I don't know if there were any plans for any search(es) to continue today. Since Mr. Winker didn't discuss yesterday's search in the PC today, I don't have anything else to say about it--other than I do trust that LE has a plan and I believe they know more than they've said, but that they have a good reason for not releasing those details at this time...
Thanks skagirl. Again I really appreciate your discretion. We as websleuthers need to work responsibly in conjunction with LE.

Thank you skagirl for responding and for helping Mollie and her family. All of us at Websleuths are thinking about everyone that cares about Mollie. I've been so immersed in all the details and trying to figure out things as best I can...that it became more about that...when you push everything aside and think about a cousin, a friend, a sibling, a daughter being gone for 3 weeks, I mean really think about it...I would need a lot of sedatives. Their world must be without color, their eyes stinging from tears and total exhaustion, upset, possibly empty, nauseated stomachs, walking must feel heavy, and pain in their chests from a breaking heart...

I had to leave before the end of the search yesterday, so I don't know if there were any plans for any search(es) to continue today. Since Mr. Winker didn't discuss yesterday's search in the PC today, I don't have anything else to say about it--other than I do trust that LE has a plan and I believe they know more than they've said, but that they have a good reason for not releasing those details at this time...

Suggested scenario. Someone knew Mollie was there alone and that she normally walked to her Mom’s house to get the car early. Since it was supposedly pouring rain, this person sees an opportunity to knock on the door or call out to see if she needed a ride, either to work or to Mom’s. She wasn’t quite ready yet so accepted and let the person in, saying she just needed to lock up dogs and put in contacts. Person offers to put dogs in basement and then takes Mollie. Or it was an advance gone wrong. She’s wearing red shirt, has her phone in a pocket but no contacts yet. Glasses were off in order to put the contacts in. Trouble is I have no clue who the person could be. Did she have any other guy friends who perhaps were more interested in her than she realized? Early morning and raining so all could have gone unnoticed. Not a random stranger in this case. All my own opinion and trying to make sense of the pieces of info we (maybe) have.
I am curious as to why the dogs were locked in the basement. Was that the directions she was given by the owner of the dogs as to whenever she was to leave the house? That could help determine what her future actions were going to be.

I noticed in todays presser the dad perusing the audience very intently. He must be looking for signs on someone. He seems very determined imo. Her poor mother seems so very sad. I really feel for this family. It's been way too long with no sign of Mollie.

In fairness, the insider was waiting to see what they would choose to reveal before saying anything more.
As it should be. I have sat behind Parents at trial for their murdered child. Reported back here what was said in Court in Jurors presence and what I observed. No way in hay to this day have I ever disclosed whispers in Court between the Parents. To anyone.

Did you hear any details? Clip just keeps repeating on tv but with no news. Local papers don't have much either. Its a federal investigation apparently.
No - just that a car was found in the nearby pond and the body was dug up using heavy equipment. I don't know anything else about it yet - not sure who they were looking for.

The importance of social media to young folks in rural areas, is MAJOR...as long as they have a good connection. There is a lot that we don't know about what communiques Mollie had the night she went missing. We probably only know about the Snapchat because it was leaked. LE is holding all this close to the vest.
Question, do you think LE is selecting who attends and/or stands behind the podium at the pressers? Because it certainly is a study in facial/body language and reaction to Q&A .

Dear Skagirl,

Thank you for generously giving your time to help search for this wonderful young woman.

Being part of the search speaks volumes of your compassionate and kind nature.

Just wanted to say that your actions and compassion are greatly appreciated.

If everyone was more like you, we would have a better world.

Namaste,

This guy touches his head, face, neck and glasses like 12-15 times in 3 minutes...about once every 10-15 seconds. Either somebody polished off too many cups of coffee this morning or the interview has him a bit jumpy. Just my personal observation.

Lurking fr the beginning of this case. Have read everything and viewed pressers multiple times. A few things I'd like to toss into the information/conjecture/data accumulation:
1. If a perp wanted to get rid of an incriminating piece of evidence, like a shirt, he'd most likely burn it rather than toss it to the side of the road.
2. Rewards are sometimes used as psychological tools to misdirect a suspect, and lead him/her into thinking, "Damn, LE is desperate for info or else they'd not be offering so much cash. I can relax a bit."
3. It is, as someone already stated, highly likely that the FBI team includes psychologists, and I'll add that those experts are probably choreographing the pressers very carefully for purposes known only to them.
4. The co-op payment arrangement point is relevant, but there's a twist to it that might, sadly, cause it to lead nowhere: If a baddie had been driving to the night-drop payment box and somehow encountered MT, he might have decided to forego dropping a payment off. A clever perp would realize that a dropped payment would be a time-location marker of his presence.
5. The exchange between the boyfriend and father about lack of sleep is telling, IMO.
6. I grew up in a town, about the size of Mollie's, and we knew very little about most of our neighbors. Maybe in the 1940s and 50s, the Mayberrys of the US were places where everyone knew everyone else's business, but from the 60's onward many of these small Midwestern towns are composed of a few gregarious souls mixed in with a good number of very, very private individuals.
7. My money's on a known local with a motive other than sexual assault/rape. In other words, not a basement-dwelling, infatuated nerd like the mannequin guy on Seinfeld, but an adult who knew her and wanted her to do something she refused to do.
8. I hope I'm wrong on this one, but I think the outcome will not be good, and we'll know pretty much everything by Aug. 10.
9. I'm also betting on the fact that LE has one and only one POI, but media won't report any names for fear of a leibel suit.
--Pardon my spelling.
Ari C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members