Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you pm the admin on page 1 she'll explain why. In this case I believe it was because you posited a theory based on a person that isn't a person of interest named by the police. The admins here are really careful about making sure that things posted don't harm innocent people, and because online things last forever it could be detrimental to name people who aren't connected to a case or sleuth them. Years later someone could google their name, it leads here and they think the person had something to do with an abduction. Everyone has skeletons or things they're not proud of, I picked my nose in second grade and wiped it on my wall, but I wouldn't want that attached to my name for everyone to read forever.
Also, it's not a discussion of evidence if the person isn't connected to the case, it's merely mudslinging a potentially and more often than not, innocent bystander. So we do examine and discuss evidence, we pick it to death, but we discuss real evidence which includes true persons of interest.
Bravo, Nose Picker! :p:D:)

My new theory: ..... And at the abduction time he took her she would have not known his intentions and would have let him in the front door. Either a ride to work or the night before to study with her. At that point he was still just a concerned friend to her. He could have blindsided her with his alterior motives.

Anything is possible, but I don't think this is a first time criminal here; the lack of a trail lasting THIS long seems to be someone that knows what they are doing. I also think close friends would have been circled through pretty quickly by now and those in charge now can smell blood from a mile away with kids these days.

Depends on what is said and how it's worded

What bothers me, and I realize it doesnt matter, is that in many cases it is a family member who ends up being the perpetrator. Not allowing discussion of family members would be similar to LE not being allowed to consider immediate members of family either. Everyone is a suspect, regardless if LE has said otherwise.

Its hard to disappear without a trace these days , cell phones, Fitbits , GPS etc keep track of us all...but there are definite categories that we all fall into and it can determine who is who ...
Most folks over the age of 60 are surface literate when it comes to tech, (me included) we use it but dont delve too deeply..We were born into a world of manual transmissions and rotary phones .
However, there are those of our age quite fluent in tech... it’s part of the job (IT , military, LE) or you live in the world of the dark web (*advertiser censored*). Pehophiles of any age are quite proficient in tech, it’s been their way covert way to interact for a long time.
Millenials and younger were born into tech, they live and breathe it. They can manipulate it and know hacks in and out of it.
I would imagine depending on the level of sophistication of tech , social media etc involved, LE had a profile right away.

With few answers around Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance, citizen sleuths surface online
I don't think I have seen this link posted - interesting how they address online sleuthing. They also attempt a timeline in their article.
Depends on what is said and how it's worded
Boyfriend Ruled Out as Suspect in Iowa Student's Disappearance — as Police Search Pig Farm
snipped...Investigators are also poring over the data recovered from Tibbetts’ social media accounts and her fitness tracker as well as extensive surveillance footage from the area.
Extensive surveillance - how have I missed this? IF she disappeared around the house, and the house has no cameras - there isn't a lot between the house and the road except that drop box utility place - Now I am thinking they would have cameras because of the bill payment and this could be the extensive surveillance footage.

Anything is possible, but I don't think this is a first time criminal here; the lack of a trail lasting THIS long seems to be someone that knows what they are doing. I also think close friends would have been circled through pretty quickly by now and those in charge now can smell blood from a mile away with kids these days.

Thanks so much for your reply and I agree with them. Ive been trying to shoot holes in my own theory and I think the part about any friends likely would have been identified as missing by now along with Mollie if a close friend took her.

I think I can scrap that theory for good now. :)

Good point too about an experienced predator. This case seems to be leaning that way.

Based on the information provided thus far by LE, I believe that they know who is involved, that it is somebody well known to the families and they think that Mollie might possibly still be alive but have no idea where she is.

I also believe that they don't have enough evidence to do anything about it at this point aside from question their POI and that is why they are playing it the way they are. Hoping for their POI to slip up, get greedy ($$$) or become overwhelmed with guilt and come forward.

What bothers me, and I realize it doesnt matter, is that in many cases it is a family member who ends up being the perpetrator. Not allowing discussion of family members would be similar to LE not being allowed to consider immediate members of family either. Everyone is a suspect, regardless if LE has said otherwise.

In many cases persons cleared have been found guilty as the investigation develops. Not pointing out any ppl cleared but i have my suspicions. You do have to go by facts only and weve not been given many.

I keep coming back to thinking this is someone who was maybe on the periphery of Mollie's social group. And Veracity's experience of stalking, the innocent remarks that were fuel to the stalker but wouldn't have seemed in any way off to anyone.

I get a sense of sly stealth here, cunning patience. Gathering tidbits and crumbs here and there and storing them to use later to advantage.

MOO of course

With few answers around Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance, citizen sleuths surface online
I don't think I have seen this link posted - interesting how they address online sleuthing. They also attempt a timeline in their article.

Boyfriend Ruled Out as Suspect in Iowa Student's Disappearance — as Police Search Pig Farm
snipped...Investigators are also poring over the data recovered from Tibbetts’ social media accounts and her fitness tracker as well as extensive surveillance footage from the area.
Extensive surveillance - how have I missed this? IF she disappeared around the house, and the house has no cameras - there isn't a lot between the house and the road except that drop box utility place - Now I am thinking they would have cameras because of the bill payment and this could be the extensive surveillance footage.
If she typically ran the same route or routes in town, and businesses in town have surveillance cameras, investigators can surmise where she was on the day she disappeared by examining previous days' footage. An early article described Mollie as a "creature of habit". Also, they may be able to see who else was in the area on previous days during the time Mollie was running by.

I’ve had a few questions/observations floating around in my head for a few days and I have to get them out or I will go nuts! Please forgive me if any of my questions have already been answered - I’ve tried to keep up with the thread but it’s been a challenge, to say the least! I apologize for the length.

1. I’ve seen a lot of speculation as to why Mollie may have had her phone with her, if someone came to the door - such as, why wouldn’t she have had her glasses or contacts in if she was going to answer a door for someone? From what I understand, there were 2 labs in the house. I have a 4 month old lab and he likes to jump onto counters and get anything he can off of them. If I don’t have my phone in my hand, it has to be in my pocket so he doesn’t grab it. And labs are huge, so they can likely reach any surface they put their mind to. Now I’m not sure if the labs were puppies, but from what I’ve read in researching my dog’s breed, this type of behavior can be common in their adult years too. I doubt Mollie did much of the disciplining of the dogs while their owners were home, so I can see a very smart dog like a lab think, “Oh, my owner isn’t here, let’s see what I can get away with and try to getting this shiny thing off the counter!” All this to say, if the dogs were the type that would take her phone if left unattended, she may have just had it in her hand or pocket at all times to keep it away from them.

2. Does anyone know if the red shirt was part of the uniform for her job, or they just gave the red shirts out to the employees for the fair trip - that would be likely so that the kids could easily identify one of their teachers. I could see it as part of the daily uniform too. Since the daycare is in a medical building, it would easily identify them as employees while they were out and about in the building; i.e. grabbing lunch in the cafeteria. So if it was part of a uniform, she likely had at least a few of those shirts so she didn’t have to do laundry everyday. That could be why there was confusion about the red shirt - if she had several, maybe different people thought she had a different quantity (i.e. BF recalled her only having 2, but daycare told police they issue 3 to each employee).

3. Along the lines of the shirt, if it was a uniform and Mollie had several, that would mean all employees would have several. Is there possibly a female co-worker in town or close to Mollie that would give her rides that may have had reason to harm her? And if so, would this person possibly wear the same size shirt as Mollie? I know this is an outlandish theory but if so, this person could have planted their own shirt that was found. Does washing and drying clothing remove DNA? Not blood DNA but skin, hair DNA, so that they wouldn’t be able to confirm who’s it was?

4. In regard to the last seen outfit - IMO, she almost had to be wearing it when she was taken as otherwise, it would still be there right? If she got home from her run and someone came to the door, I could see her putting on a shirt over it - perhaps the red shirt? If it was just given to them that day for the trip the next day, it probably would have been close to her. If it was a uniform, she could have had it set out for the next day and was the closest shirt she could grab. I’m having a little difficulty with this theory though - if she was comfortable enough running in public with a sports bra (not that there’s anything wrong with it - if I could rock it, I totally would!), would she feel the need to cover up? Unless it was someone she knew but not was not quite comfortable with - in that case, being a little more covered may make you feel a little more relaxed. But then why run in public in the sports bra if there are people in town you would feel uncomfortable seeing you in it? UNLESS (and here’s where my imagination gets away with me), it’s someone that doesn’t live in Brooklyn so she wouldn’t think they would have reason to see her on a neighborhood run. Perhaps someone she worked with that also had a red shirt?

Please understand I am not sleuthing anyone at all - I barely have time to read these threads, let alone Facebook/Twitter/article comments, etc. If I’ve said anything out of line, please feel free to remove!

(respectfully snipped)
I actually hope so because it could mean she is still alive.
e.
For what it's worth, I do believe she's alive. There's no other reason to keep information so closely guarded unless they are hoping to protect her. I've seen this happen in other cases over the years here and today's presser gives me hope that she's alive.

So do I understand it correctly backpage was closed down...need to look...if anyone wants to really explore the trafficking angle I would start there and craigslist etc., look for similar people in a motel room, changed appearance (hair color and length), perhaps from the shoulders on down photo, maybe drugged out and posed. I’d also have her flyers at every truck stop and motel possible across the country. Maybe alert some Trafficking Awareness Organizations and Agencies in case they do not know about Mollie...Flyers at every public transit station....really get really busy with the flyers...I know a lot of people have been working hard already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members