Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the red shirt was, indeed, Mollie’s (and, unfortunately, it would appear that it was, considering the time & manpower — and W claiming to know nothing at all about it — allotted to searching after its alleged discovery), that lends much less credence to both suicide & voluntary disappearance theories.
But as of last week the shirt we thought we were looking for would have never been in Mollie’s possession because she hadn’t picked it up yet...

....Rob and other family members have discussed what they would do when she comes home...

One of Mollie's brothers joked the family would make her watch each interview they had done with reporters “back to back,” Rob said. Chuckling, her high school sweetheart, Dalton Jack, said they would slap the magnets displaying her face on her car and have her wear the T-shirts that warn “MISSING” in large red letters.

“And go pull every one of those flyers out of every store in the state of Iowa,” Rob added.

Missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts' father says not too late for abductor to return her

Come home Mollie....

Great question, Pelican!

My theory has been that Mollie was taken while walking towards her Mom's very early in the morning. 6:15 to 6:30ish a.m. Maybe even earlier.

The abduction occurred before her brother contacted her cell to find out whether she needed the car they shared.

Mollie let the dogs out, fed them and then put the dogs in the basement

It was too early to text anyone - they would still all be asleep

I think she planned to have breakfast with her Mom then take the car to work

They didn't lock doors so no need to take keys

She didn't take her wallet because she tucked some cash inside a pocket or with her cell phone. She took her driver's license but no other I.D. or credit cards

*Mollie had extra sets of contact lenses -usually people do because the chance of losing or dropping one is pretty high

She was wearing her Fitbit as usual

She may have been listening to music with her earphones (her brother said she usually did this while running)

She left before the rain started

Someone had been watching her movements for quite sometime, waiting

He knew she was home alone because he was always watching

He knew she would soon be heading to the Dominican R. for the wedding (common knowledge in a small town)

This was his perfect opportunity he had been waiting for

The rain started

He had been waiting in his car and he pulled up and offered her a lift

She knew him, perhaps not well, but she knew him and had no reason not to trust him

There was no evidence of a scuffle on the road because she accepted the ride - his offer didn't seem out of the ordinary. Mollie grew up in Brooklyn and most people were friendly and helpful

He took a side road on the way to her Mom's house

The evidence is somewhere but the investigators have yet to find it

He is closely watching the investigation and possibly took part in a search for Mollie

He has planned this in his mind and fantasized for this for a very long time

He had a love/hate obsession for Mollie. Possibly for years

His behavior in this appears he is an "organized" perpetrator as per F.B.I. classifications.

There was nothing pointing to "random" in this abduction

It had been planned for sometime. He only needed the opportunity.

He took the opportunity

*the possibility of Mollie having an extra set of contact lenses has not been confirmed and is a belief I have that most contact lense users have multiple pairs.
Wow! Excellently written! And now that I rethink this, I feel that this is the most likely scenario. And when I say random, I mean more an outsider who she somewhat knew. I could definitely see this being how it played out.

Firstly I have to say that I feel honored to be a part of this thread. You have all posted such compassionate, insightful thoughts and valuable information.

The caring and deep concern for Mollie's safety is evident in all of these posts. The respect and compassion you feel for Mollie and her family is visceral through your messages.

I have gained so much knowledge reading your insights into this case.

I have the utmost appreciation for the hard work by Harmony 2 and Tricia on these threads. I have no idea how you moderated these threads so proficiently as I haven't encountered speed like this on other threads.

I appreciate everyone on this thread. Thank you.

Last edited:
It depends on the case. I think they cleared those people but are monitoring their activities/text messages/etc. They will just tell the media they cleared them to get the person responsible to mess up by trying to dump evidence, or send a revealing text message to someone else, etc.

No, they won't, because publicly clearing an individual and then later charging him or her with a crime makes it very difficult to prosecute. Prosecutors are very careful with the language they use, and the with the language they will allow law enforcement to use.

Besides, we aren't allowed to consider or sleuth people that law enforcement have overtly cleared.

JMO.

I'm getting the feeling this is the darkish of the quaint small town life. Everyone seems distantly related and thus nobody wants to talk. This is what is happening in the Rhoden family murders, a small town where 7 or 8 members of the same family were murdered on the same night in 3 different locations and two years later there is surprisingly no trail of evidence.

In Brooklyn, we are seeing a lot of the same surnames pop up, the neighbor has the same last name as the girl who is identified as MT's cousin. The sheriff has the same last name as someone who commented on MT's instagram picture when DJ gave her the promise ring that this means they would someday be cousins. The dad's plea about not wanting to say anything because it means someone in your family might be implicated, the mom basically telling the kidnapper all would be well and they could just to take the money and run, the brother saying he is disappointed, all of this suggests to me they know there is a connection to this person and their family.
Thank you for posting your thoughts. I’ve really been thinking about this all afternoon.

Just throwing this out there, getting my mind off pig farm basements, slurry ponds and such.

I am sure there are many here on WS who know about small town living, the little farming towns made up of nothing but big old families.

Who would be the one who wouldn’t hide the truth for the family’s sake...thinking about it...family loyalty runs deep. In families where businesses from farms to politics are past down from generation to generation.

Likely if you didn’t cover over the truth you may be run out of town. It’s not really a “conscious matter”, it’s a way of life. All small towns want to be known as a wholesome place to live.

I am not a big TV watcher but there must be some movie or series that define these dynamics I am trying to describe better than me.

How could Mollie vanish without a trace?
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
"It was reported that a red t-shirt linked to Mollie's job had been found, but her mom says her daughter owned two of those shirts and they are both in her room."

From article:
  • Mollie's mom said that all the items and clothes she took on her run, including her iPhone, FitBit, earbuds and an armband have not been located

Also: Do we have to reiterate the boyfriend has been cleared on like every page of these threads?? I feel like that's common knowledge at this point for anyone who bothers to read about this case for even a minute

No, they won't, because publicly clearing an individual and then later charging him or her with a crime makes it very difficult to prosecute. Prosecutors are very careful with the language they use, and the with the language they will allow law enforcement to use.

Besides, we aren't allowed to consider or sleuth people that law enforcement have overtly cleared.

JMO.
That's true for murder cases. This is still being treating as a missing person case.

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
"It was reported that a red t-shirt linked to Mollie's job had been found, but her mom says her daughter owned two of those shirts and they are both in her room."

Also in the article, the mom said that she may own three shirts. If she does only own two, then this is a game changer. The article does mention that the running outfit has not been located, and suggested that she had been on her computer later that night.

Wow! Excellently written! And now that I rethink this, I feel that this is the most likely scenario. And when I say random, I mean more an outsider who she somewhat knew. I could definitely see this being how it played out.

Thanks Pelican !

I have to say that I am also drawn to the theory by other posters about Mollie being taken sometime in the night or very early morning from the house.

We do know that Mollie's boyfriend confirmed they never locked the doors.

As our unique circumstances and different perspectives inform how we look at these cases, we will have different theories.

I look forward to reading other theories on this as well, Pelican. Thanks for asking the question.

Last edited:
Lots of good information there. It’s interesting that the mother doesn’t think she returned home after her jog, because of the fact that Mollie was apparently online well into the night. If that wasn’t true, to include the Snapchat, then everything would make sense (her being abducted on her jog). Unfortunately, what we know, doesn’t jibe with her not returning to the house. It is curious though that her running clothes haven’t been recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly