FL - Harley Don Hiatt Jr., 2, tortured to death, Polk County, 31 Jul 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Polk sheriff: Couple 'tortured' boy to death

Sheriff Grady Judd is briefing the media and our FB fans about the arrests of a Davenport couple in the death of the woman's 2-year-old son. The mother is 26-year-old Shannon Short, and her boyfriend is 26-year-old Christian Thompson. Both lived at 130 Memorial Park Avenue, #480, in Davenport, along with the victim.

The child would have been 3-years-old in October. He's Short's son, but not Thompson's.

Thompson has been charged with First Degree Murder (F-C) and other felonies, and Short has been charged with Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child (F-1) and other felonies.

upload_2018-8-3_23-43-46.jpegupload_2018-8-3_23-43-28.jpeg

Polk couple arrested after disturbing death of boy, 2

Davenport couple arrested in death of woman's 2-year-old son

Couple arrested after toddler dies from 'sickening' abuse, Polk sheriff says

Davenport couple arrested in death of woman's 2-year-old son
Text messages exchanged between the couple on May 27 talk about Harley breaking a plate.

"Shannon said, 'mess him up' only she didn't use mess," Grady Judd said.

Judd said there were several instances after May 27 where Thompson photographed injuries Harley had and sent them to Short while she was at work.

"His mother knew about the abuse, allowed it, and continued to leave him in the care of his abuser. She and her boyfriend even joked about it," Judd said.
"These folks first, at one point, were googling and thought that the child was possessed because he went for two days and wouldn't open his eyes," Judd said. "Well you know why, he had a serious eye infection."

Oh my god.... and I thought it couldn't get worse.... unbelievable what people do to little babies.... no words....

RIP little Harley!
rose-smiley.gif
hoping your next life is a TON better....

okay!

from the 1st article in post #1

"It's not often that you find two people that can do that to a child," Judd offered.

Oh yes it is.... just read the cases on here.... :(

re 2nd article posted on #1

VOP (Petit Theft) (M-1)

Short is charged with this. What is this? TIA!

okay - in the 3rd article:

Just over a week before Harley died, Short called 911 because Harley hadn't opened his eyes for two days.

"These folks first, at one point, were googling and thought that the child was possessed because he went for two days and wouldn't open his eyes," Judd said. "Well you know why, he had a serious eye infection."

If she called 911, why did not the responders & whatever hospital they would have taken him to do anything?? Just treated him for an eye infection and let him go home with these two *advertiser censored*??!!!

and I see they had their first appearance on Aug. 3rd.

and the 4th article I can't access. So don't post ANY Orlando Sentinel ones or at least give "us" a 10% synopsis on it! :)

I'm putting Harley on my list.
I'll check to see if I can get into Polk County court site.... if not? Tag your it @cybervampira :D

Oh - I couldn't find Shannon on the Polk county court site....

and the 4th article I can't access. So don't post ANY Orlando Sentinel ones or at least give "us" a 10% synopsis on it! :)
Here ya go:
Harley appeared to have been repeatedly hit in the face with a belt, according to the medical examiner.
After noticing bruising the boy’s face and an injury to his genitals last Friday, deputies said Short sent a text message to Thompson: “omg what did u do to my baby?”

Thompson responded that he was disciplining the child, investigators said. In previous text messages, he had reportedly told Short the boy’s injuries were accidental. “Um ya son tryna kill hisself,” a text message from Thompson to Short said.

In one text message, Short told Thompson to “f--- [Harley] up,” deputies said.

Tuesday, Sept. 4th:
*Arraignment Hearing for both (@ 8:15am ET) – FL – Harley Don Hiatt, Jr. (2) (July 31, 2018; tortured to death) – *Christian Martell Thompson (26) “BF of mom” arrested & charged (7/31/18) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree aggravated child abuse, 1st degree aggravated manslaughter of a child, 2nd degree negligent child abuse & marijuana possession & paraphernalia.
*Shannon Short (26) “mom” arrested & charged (7/31/18) with 1st degree manslaughter of a child, 2nd degree negligent child abuse with great bodily harm, 3rd degree child abuse, 3rd degree failure to report child abuse, possession of marijuana & paraphernalia & VOP (Petit Theft) (on probation for stealing from Walmart).
8/3/18 Update: Arraignment hearing on 9/4 at 8:15am

Updates!

Thompson:

08/21/2018 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 9/13/2018
Reason: STAT--STATUS CONFERENCE BY SHANMART

08/24/2018 NOTICE OF CANCELLATION OF HEARING AND RESCHEDULED
08/24/2018 NOTICE OF INTENT TO SEEK THE DEATH PENALTY

link: Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.

Short:

09/04/2018 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 9/11/2018
Reason: ARRG--ARRAIGNMENT BY JOANMCCL

link: Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.

Tuesday, Sept. 11th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 8:15am ET) – FL – Harley Don Hiatt, Jr. (2) (July 31, 2018; tortured to death) – only for *Shannon Short (26) “mom” arrested & charged (7/31/18) with 1st degree manslaughter of a child, 2nd degree negligent child abuse with great bodily harm, 3rd degree child abuse, 3rd degree failure to report child abuse, possession of marijuana & paraphernalia & VOP (Petit Theft) (on probation for stealing from Walmart).
8/3/18 Update: Arraignment hearing on 9/4.
9/4/18 Update: Arraignment continued to 9/11 @ 8:15am.

*Christian Martell Thompson (26) “BF of mom” arrested & charged (7/31/18) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree aggravated child abuse, 1st degree aggravated manslaughter of a child, 2nd degree negligent child abuse & marijuana possession & paraphernalia. Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP.
9/6/18 Update: Next Status hearing on 9/13 @ 8:30am.

Well, this is strange - Thompson nor Short are coming up for me in the court site. When I use the links in the previous post - it says "access denied" - ??

Can anyone find Short's next hearing? Her case # is 2018CF007158A000XX Polk County

TIA!

Sorry - I found my problem.... I was spelling her name with 2 "n" 's. No update yet on the court site from yesterday.

Thursday, Sept. 13th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Harley Don Hiatt, Jr. (2) (July 31, 2018; tortured to death) – only for *Christian Martell Thompson (26) “BF of mom” arrested & charged (7/31/18) & arraigned (8/3/18) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree aggravated child abuse, 1st degree aggravated manslaughter of a child, 2nd degree negligent child abuse & marijuana possession & paraphernalia. Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP.
9/6/18 Update: Next Status hearing on 9/13.
*Shanon Short (26) “mom” arrested & charged (7/31/18) with 1st degree manslaughter of a child, 2nd degree negligent child abuse with great bodily harm, 3rd degree child abuse, 3rd degree failure to report child abuse, possession of marijuana & paraphernalia & VOP (Petit Theft) (on probation for stealing from Walmart).
8/3/18 Update: Arraignment hearing on 9/4.
9/4/18 Update: Arraignment continued to 9/11; no update on court site as of 9/13.

double post.... twirling, twirling...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back