Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
As time passes people typically become increasingly disinterested with the case and assume victim is deceased or that hope is lost. Father could be trying to keep the public interested and hopeful so that donations keep coming in and as much time and energy as possible is going into finding MT.

Oh one final thought before I go to bed. I read through MT's Twitter account and what I came away with was a different side to her then what is being spoken about by people that knew her. Let's just say I walked away with an impression that MT was more complex then how she has been portrayed. She was a vulnerable 20 year old like most other 20 year olds who was searching to find out who she was. From all accounts she was a happy, confident young lady in a long term solid relationship. Somehow I did not get that impression just reading things she posts. I sensed a lot of doubt on her part. She was certainly friendly and made attempts to be upbeat and she did appear to care about people, I just could sense a bit of insecurity and self doubt.

I only mention this because that opens up an entire new demention to explore and believe this is what LE was referring to when they stated they were attempting to learn more about Molly. Anyone who had taken psychology would pick up on it so certainly the FBI would. It also makes sense given her dad's theory that someone came to the house with "good intentions" that somehow went awry. He himself may be aware of her struggles and frankly at 20 years old one of those self doubts she may have had could be wondering if she really wanted to be tied down in a relationship while being away in college and free to date a variety of people. Maybe she spoke of this to her dad. Sometimes daughter's do not speak to their mom's about certain things out of fear of how they may react. From what we know dad is in CA and mom went back to Iowa when they divorced having been born and raised there. Mom may have those "midwestern" values and certainly having grown up there and knowing people she may not be ok with her daughter wanting to see other people. In small towns people talk ya know. MT may have been able to talk to her dad feeling he was not judgemental or was just easier to talk to. Him being further away he wasn't going to ever let slip in front of her boyfriend anything she may not have wanted him to know which would be more difficult with her mom who would see the guy more often and probably had come to care for him.

Having taken 4 years of psychology reading through her page I just really felt some inner struggles, almost a melencholy in her posts. I could be overthinking this but that is what taking years of psychology does to you. You feel a need to analyze the sublime.

Last edited:
i would like all storm drains and any construction sites searched as well as the landfill. Just how long is LE going to wait to grid search? And why hasn't the landfill been searched? And, thanks for info regarding the call, I think grid searches esp of corn are mandatory now.
Probably been answered by now but there is a transfer station a few miles west of Brooklyn of US 6. It appears the closest landfills are in Toledo (Tama County) 29 miles away, Blairstown (Benton County) 28 miles away, and Newton, IA (Jasper County) 36 miles away.

Oh one final thought before I go to bed. I read through MT's Twitter account and what I came away with was a different side to her then what is being spoken about by people that knew her. Let's just say I walked away with an impression that MT was more complex then how she has been portrayed. She was a vulnerable 20 year old like most other 20 year olds who was searching to find out who she was. From all accounts she was a happy, confident young lady in a long term solid relationship. Somehow I did not get that impression just reading things she posts. I sensed a lot of doubt on her part. She was certainly friendly and made attempts to be upbeat and she did appear to care about people, I just could sense a bit of insecurity and self doubt. I only mention this because that opens up a possible other demention to explore and believe this is what LE was referring to when they stated they were attempting to learn more about Molly. It also makes sense given her dad's possible theory someone came to the house with "good intentions" that somehow went awry. He himself may be aware of her struggles and frankly at 20 years old one of those self doubts she may have had could be does she really want to be tied down in a relationship while being away in college and free to date a variety of people. Maybe she spoke of this to her dad. Sometimes daughter's do not speak to their mom's about certain things out of fear of how they may react. She may have been able to talk to her dad feeling he was not judgemental or was just easier to talk to.

Having taken 4 years of psychology reading through her page I just really felt some inner struggles, almost a melencholy in her posts. I could be overthinking this but that is what taking years of psychology does to you. You feel a need to analyze the sublime.

I was wondering if anyone else caught that. I agree.

So last night, before the father even spoke today, my theory started to change to someone infuatuated with her that she knows pretty well. This person knew Dalton was going to be gone.

Edit : meaning she probably told this person they were gonna be gone.

So last night, before the father even spoke today, my theory started to change to someone infuatuated with her that she knows pretty well. This person knew Dalton was going to be gone.

Edit : meaning she probably told this person they were gonna be gone.
This aligns with my thinking; someone in her/the BF’s circle.

Oh one final thought before I go to bed. I read through MT's Twitter account and what I came away with was a different side to her then what is being spoken about by people that knew her. Let's just say I walked away with an impression that MT was more complex then how she has been portrayed. She was a vulnerable 20 year old like most other 20 year olds who was searching to find out who she was. From all accounts she was a happy, confident young lady in a long term solid relationship. Somehow I did not get that impression just reading things she posts. I sensed a lot of doubt on her part. She was certainly friendly and made attempts to be upbeat and she did appear to care about people, I just could sense a bit of insecurity and self doubt. I only mention this because that opens up a possible other demention to explore and believe this is what LE was referring to when they stated they were attempting to learn more about Molly. It also makes sense given her dad's possible theory someone came to the house with "good intentions" that somehow went awry. He himself may be aware of her struggles and frankly at 20 years old one of those self doubts she may have had could be does she really want to be tied down in a relationship while being away in college and free to date a variety of people. Maybe she spoke of this to her dad. Sometimes daughter's do not speak to their mom's about certain things out of fear of how they may react. She may have been able to talk to her dad feeling he was not judgemental or was just easier to talk to.

In the 'in and out' many of us take in following these high profile cases where we don't read every comment sometimes we miss important information that was shared early on.

Do we know if Mollie left behind the 'normal' things she took every day to work like something she might carry her id, credit card(s), work id, smart phone and cash in -- like a purse or Fanny Pack?

Wouldn't the answer help determine if she left voluntarily -- which it seems there is still some uncertainty about.

Just some late night thoughts that popped in my head.

In the 'in and out' many of us take in following these high profile cases where we don't read every comment sometimes we miss important information that was shared early on.

Do we know if Mollie left behind the 'normal' things she took every day to work like something she might carry her id, credit card(s), work id, smart phone and cash in -- like a purse or Fanny Pack?

Wouldn't the answer help determine if she left voluntarily -- which it seems there is still some uncertainty about.

Just some late night thoughts that popped in my head.
By all accounts, Mollie left BF house wearing running gear, her fit-bit, and arm band with her cell phone, leaving everything else behind.

I don’t think lots of effort would be spent searching for phone and Fit Bit as the data can generally be retrieved with far less manpower Imo...and less danger to searchers, etc...

Her Fitbit might have a lot of information on it that couldn't be retrieved remotely, depending on when it last synced with her phone.

Rob Tibbetts and other family members discuss what they will do when Mollie comes home...

I've posted this before but it gives me a sense of comfort to post it again:

One of Mollie's brothers joked the family would make her watch each interview they had done with reporters “back to back,” Rob said. Chuckling, her high school sweetheart, Dalton Jack, said they would slap the magnets displaying her face on her car and have her wear the T-shirts that warn “MISSING” in large red letters.

“And go pull every one of those flyers out of every store in the state of Iowa,” Rob added.

Missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts' father says not too late for abductor to return her

By all accounts, Mollie left BF house wearing running gear, her fit-bit, and arm band with her cell phone, leaving everything else behind.
"..leaving everything else behind." Hmmm.

You would think if she left voluntarily with someone she knew (which still sounds like an open issue or question) why leave your wallet OR purse OR Fanny Pack behind?

Color me confused as to why there is still talk that she may have left 'voluntarily.'

Hi Everyone,
I'm going to close Mollie's thread for the night in about 5 minutes and ask Harmony to open it in the morning. If Harmony can't I will.

I'm afraid our wonderful mods are being over-worked. We are working on getting more volunteer mods but until then we may close Mollie's thread every night/early morning.

See you when the sun comes up.

Tricia

Moved from THREAD 15 -

TPeeFritz wrote " ...If Mollie is still alive at this point, she is in a relatively low risk situation, ...

I asked how you reached that conclusion.

TPeeFritz replied "Simply comparative to other, more potentially urgent needs. Haven’t gotten there by anything other than assuming that if she is still alive, almost three weeks after the fact she is already in way less danger than many others at this very moment. I’m going on statistics. I believe that that is the most common way of deciding how to split resources when they are limited."

OK - am I following your train of thought right -

The "LOW RISK" was more directed at you believing LE's inability to find her by now means she should be considered a LOWER priority for LE? Because there are new cases and LE should move their resources there?

I have another question based on your reply post -

You said you were going on stats - I would love to take a look at them.

Because honestly I have no reason to believe there are proper stats for the USA when it comes to MISSING PERSONS. There is no standards which require any case to make it to NCIC. Right now we have some places with missing person cases and other places we have found remains who are yet to be identified.

Common sense tells me if we were doing things right this would not be reality.

There is clearly communication breakdown at some point. It could include folks not being allowed to submit a missing person report, a report being forced to be placed far from the last known location, reports being improperly classified as a runaway or voluntary with little to no work before being closed.

That last one is precisely why the FBI created the RUNAWAY category - but we never made it mandatory for every single case to be submitted. So the numbers are skewed which means the stats are wrong.

I would really like to take a look at what you are using as reference work.
There are stats kept by States and then the FB I. I’ve posted here before.

And interesting is the I 80 stats part of the serial killer project. Each State department of public safety also maintains a complete page listing the missing. It’s part of a nationwide public safety compact. (Agreement)

Susan Constantine, a psychologist body language expert and the author of “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Reading Body Language,” spoke with Nancy Grace on Sunday, and described how she thought 56-year-old Wayne Cheney, who lives around 15 miles from the area Mollie disappeared from, seemed to only be concerned for himself while he spoke to local Iowa station, WHO13.

“If you listen to him when he’s talking, he’s talking about how it’s affecting himself,” Constantine said. “He’s not at all concerned about what happened to the victim.”

Constantine also touched on Cheney’s body language during the interview, which to her, seemed to be movements of deception.

“He has this increased anxiety, which is causing all these physiological responses of itching the ears to adjusting his glasses, to stroking his hair, to, you know, crossing his arms and uncrossing them. So what happens is that, when you’re under anxiety, it increases blood flow and causes irritation to his capillaries. Those are all deceptive indicators.

Mollie Tibbetts Mystery: Body language expert analyzes hog farmer’s interview, says he’s nervous and shows deception

Hope it’s ok to post this here and I apologise if it has already been posted. I have the same concerns the body language has. But law enforcement has not charged WC with anything or indicated he is connected with Mollie’s disappearance so he should be presumed innocent.
WC has not been charged with anything, only questioned, so I have to put myself in his shoes when you mention his body language. How many rural farmers are used to answering questions by reporters, especially with regards to a missing persons investigation where they are the only person of interest mentioned? Honestly, the fact that he has let LE search his house and property and phone, says something. I was surprised that he denied the lie detector test after allowing all of that, but maybe a friend or family member advised him against it. As others have mentioned, I think LE is using him more as a smoke screen to make another POI scramble and mess up under their watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.