Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF LE isn't willing to share some details in the scheduled PC on Friday - I, for one will look on the WS site and Google MT's from time to time to see what's the latest; but my interest is starting to wane.

They need to open up or risk losing a portion of the public interest.

The sex trade thing is going around as a possibility and this is probably as out there as aliens or a cougar but what about the Dark Web? I'm sure the LE folks on here understand why I mention this as a possibility. Really sinister and evil things and people out there. I'm sure others have read and heard about things going on there. Stories about abductions of people crossing the wrong people on there, disturbing stuff allegedly on the Dark Web (Not just the Silk Road) Plus if I understand correctly one uses TOR or Onion to access it and by doing so it's allegedly untraceable?

Again, this is so out there I almost feel like an idiot mentioning the possibility. Probably a big nothing burger. Just reading your post though made me wonder for a quick second.

It's not really that out there. I was thinking about TOR browsers myself. It's not illegal to have a TOR browser but yes a lot of disturbing things are available virtually untraceable through them.

I just have hard time thinking she was abducted. She could easily run into the weeds or cornfields if need be. There are two cases on here where joggers were shot randomly with a gun. I dont see mollie getting in a car just because a gun was pointed at her.
I agree. A gun wouldn’t make me do something like get in a car. Ever.

Added: but young and older people do it all the time apparently.

I would agree, except that she worked on her homework first. Honestly, if I were a student and I was going to commit suicide, I would have totally left the homework. That, and I wouldn’t have taken my fitbit or my phone.
Sometimes perfectionists have to finish things. I'm back to Nick Pratico getting his student ID for college, minutes before he took his own life.

I don't know why - and this is in NO way meant to disparage Mollie - but I can't get it out of my mind that perhaps she was being woo'd by someone else that she may have just met, didn't know very well, or hasn't seen in a long time - either online or elsewhere (work, school), and could've let her relationship guard down and her curiosity get the best of her. I mean, she is 20 years old and in a stable, long-term (for 20) relationship. Speaking from experience when I was 20 - hell even at 45 - sometimes the grass can (briefly) look greener.

I should add that I am not implying that she is missing voluntarily.

bullbear77,
Thanks for considering my post.
I am not one to usually wander far of the path in a missing persons case. I generally subscribe to Occams Razor, "when you have two competing theories that make exactly the same predictions, the simpler one is the better. "What is Occam's Razor?

But, at this point in this monsterously twisted investigation and after watching her father's pleas I am trying to think out of the box.
I stay out of that dark web area, and the world is more sinister than my old heart can indulge. I'm still intrigued by the mysteries in this case, though it is likely just an evil act.

Missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts' father says not too late for abductor to return her

The father in that interview describes how wonderfully devoted she was to him. She is devoted to a fault and trusting IMO, she wouldn't let them down. She is a committed daughter, sister, friend, student and employee. IMO
JMO

Thanks WideOpen :)
Really like your logic and opinion. Occam's Razor tidbit especially. Outside the box never hurts.

I agree. A gun wouldn’t make me do something like get in a car. Ever.

Added: but young and older people do it all the time apparently.
I just think if somebody abducted her while jogging somebody would get out and grab her. Which I dont think she got abucted while jogging but thats the way it would happen

It's not really that out there. I was thinking about TOR browsers myself. It's not illegal to have a TOR browser but yes a lot of disturbing things are available virtually untraceable through them.

Thanks Madison. I was worried I'd appear like I was a hamburger short of a Happy Meal by even throwing the possibility out there. Just a little outside the box thinking. It's so easy to get blinders and so focused on just a few things, etc.

Listened to more of the ABC interview. The interviewer asked him if she had ever confided in him about a weird guy or someone giving her the creeps and he emphatically said "No, never, nothing like that ever."

Given that this is a yes or no question he could of stopped after he said No" . But goes on to say "never, nothing like that ever."

As we know where there is a "that " there" is usually a "this".

Little boy comes home from school and his mum says, the teacher has told me you pulled little Emmas hair, mum tugs at her hair, the little boys says, Mum it wasn't like "that" it was like "this"

Does Mollies dad have someone in mind, but just not that he thought gave Mollie the "creeps".

I was reviewing MT's VSCO page content and keyed in on an item that may lead us to how MT was feeling in the few months previous to her disappearance.

https://vsco.co/mollietibbetts/media/5acff6d04400550b078b89fb

It is a reference to a song by Ed Sheeran titled "Save Myself". I'm posting a link to the official audio posting on YouTube.

Certain people in our lives, or maybe it's some of us, who always smile, make us smile, are silly-hearts, seemingly happy, make us feel good just to know them, we can depend on them to help us when we're down without hesitation...

... but then, sometime in the future we realize, something doesn't seem right. Where is the smile, why so quiet, a sad face, a tear, we realize we've come to lean on that joyful soul one too many times, took their support and encouragement for granted, assumed they didn't need the same...

Everyone drops in to a funk from time to time, even the "happy" among us.

How often did MT experience that funky feeling, and for how long? Is this related at all to the current situation? Given the recently reported statements attributed to MT's father, we might wonder if it's another piece of the puzzle.

Intent is unknown without facts that prove its nature - or unless someone states what their intentions were in a given circumstance.

To my knowledge - neither of these are known at this point.
Sure, but all the FBI has to go on are their best logical guesses, in addition to what the evidence leads them to.

Mollie Tibbetts Boyfriend Dalton Jack: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

Jack’s mother Cynthia told Facebook followers that Jack was one of the last people to hear from Tibbetts, explaining that they had been communicating via the Snapchat app. Cynthia said, “She and my son had been snapping back and forth since he had left for work the morning before. A lot of it was nonsensical stuff, as she was trying to bring him back to the top of her favorites list. He is not much for social media and some of her friends had recently bypassed him. So she wanted him back on the top of the list. That being said, it was just a selfie of her face and it looked as if she was indoors. It was around 10 p.m. when he opened it and she does not run after dark.”

Cynthia then added that in the Snapchat photo Tibbetts had sent her son, “There was light as he could tell she was indoors. It just did not have anything noticable in the background. He looked at it briefly before he went to bed. And since it was a picture message it disappeared. It is not fishy that it was just her face. They sent snaps and texts like that all the time.”

Thanks for this post and the insight it provides!

Mollie Tibbetts Boyfriend Dalton Jack: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

Jack’s mother Cynthia told Facebook followers that Jack was one of the last people to hear from Tibbetts, explaining that they had been communicating via the Snapchat app. Cynthia said, “She and my son had been snapping back and forth since he had left for work the morning before. A lot of it was nonsensical stuff, as she was trying to bring him back to the top of her favorites list. He is not much for social media and some of her friends had recently bypassed him. So she wanted him back on the top of the list. That being said, it was just a selfie of her face and it looked as if she was indoors. It was around 10 p.m. when he opened it and she does not run after dark.”

Cynthia then added that in the Snapchat photo Tibbetts had sent her son, “There was light as he could tell she was indoors. It just did not have anything noticable in the background. He looked at it briefly before he went to bed. And since it was a picture message it disappeared. It is not fishy that it was just her face. They sent snaps and texts like that all the time.”
Wow - thanks I have never seen this before.

Listened to more of the ABC interview. The interviewer asked him if she had ever confided in him about a weird guy or someone giving her the creeps and he emphatically said "No, never, nothing like that ever."

Given that this is a yes or no question he could of stopped after he said No" . But goes on to say "never, nothing like that ever."

As we know where there is a "that " there" is usually a "this".

Little boy comes home from school and his mum says, the teacher has told me you pulled little Emmas hair, mum tugs at her hair, the little boys says, Mum it wasn't like "that" it was like "this"

Does Mollies dad have someone in mind, but just not that he thought gave Mollie the "creeps".

I have a problem with WC (pig farmer) ...not taking a polygraph. Plus..Remember..the police are being tight lipped about the results of the fitbit info...I think this is all very significant

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member