Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The overwhelming majority of those cases aren’t suspicious disappearances, but voluntary ones that are resolved relatively quickly. The number of disappearances that involve actual foul play, or suspected foul play, are a far lower number.

Certainly - but to get to the conclusion will take some resources.

I am happy this case has a lot of resources assigned to it - please understand that - and wish all cases were treated with at least the same minimum amount of resources - initially and then based on circumstances ratchet the efforts up or down.

Imagine being the parent of a child who also went missing and they get a tenth or less of the resources.

Has anyone commented on this quote from Mollie's dad? I wonder what he meant by "her world is a mess"? Could it be related to the 3-hr phone conversation they had a few days before she disappeared? I'm brand new here, so sorry if this has been discussed, or if I'm violating TOS in some way...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people...etts-dad-they-thought-she-was-found-dead/amp/

"She’s smart, she works hard and she is very poised, but her world is a mess and she has attitude and she can’t drive to save her life,” he says of his daughter. “She’s just a young woman like everybody else’s daughter, sister, or girlfriend. She’s not Saint Mollie, is what I’m trying to say. But we need her back.”

I am guessing he's referring to the divorce of her parents and the fact that he lives all the way in CA..

New to the site and first time poster......

The longer this case goes, I think the outcome is outright going to shock just about everyone. I think the family has said as much in their interviews. So bear with me as I share an "out there" scenario that I don't think anyone has brought to the group. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Imagine there is a middle aged single mom raising a now adult son with autism or a mental/physical disability that leaves him homebound. The mom had always had dreams of her son being "normal" such as dating, marrying, giving her grandchildren. I can imagine that being a caregiver in this type of a situation would be a big burden and may even affect the mom's mental health. So the mom decides to get a "girlfriend" for her son and bring her home.

So have I been watching too many crime dramas or have an overactive imagination? As I said, I think the outcome will shock most people and we have to think "out of the norm" because "the norm" has not been the way this case has gone so far.

Thoughts?
So have I been watching too many crime dramas or have an overactive imagination? Both

Welcome to the forum! I’m new here too. Your theory will be added to my running list of possibilities.

I worked a case where a mother and adult son kidnapped a woman. Their plan was to locate the woman’s child, kill the woman and then make a run for it. The woman was recovered after a two week stint chained up in a bedroom. Wild things happen in this world.

I do not think this is what happened in any way. Please don't be offended by the question but have you ever been close to a mother with a severely disabled child? I have.. my late brother had down syndrome and CP and don't take this the wrong way, but your theory is simply not part of any reality that would ever occur.

Actually, I have been close to a mother (although not single) with a severely disabled child. Note I did not say severely disabled. I am thinking for the most part fully functional but not out in society. Every day, there are stories of crimes that I think would never be a part of any reality that would ever occur - but they do.

Has anyone commented on this quote from Mollie's dad? I wonder what he meant by "her world is a mess"? Could it be related to the 3-hr phone conversation they had a few days before she disappeared? I'm brand new here, so sorry if this has been discussed, or if I'm violating TOS in some way...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people...etts-dad-they-thought-she-was-found-dead/amp/

"She’s smart, she works hard and she is very poised, but her world is a mess and she has attitude and she can’t drive to save her life,” he says of his daughter. “She’s just a young woman like everybody else’s daughter, sister, or girlfriend. She’s not Saint Mollie, is what I’m trying to say. But we need her back.”
Whoah, thanks for posting this, I hadn't heard her dad say something like this about her life.

Certainly - but to get to the conclusion will take some resources.

I am happy this case has a lot of resources assigned to it - please understand that - and wish all cases were treated with at least the same minimum amount of resources - initially and then based on circumstances ratchet the efforts up or down.

Imagine being the parent of a child who also went missing and they get a tenth or less of the resources.
Oh I know. We’ve seen the parents of other missing kids in Iowa, expressing disappointment that their cases didn’t get any of the attention that this one has gotten. I just think that the circumstances and victimology are unique in this particular case, and that’s played a role in garnering the type of attention that his case has gotten. It isn’t fair, I agree.

Actually, I have been close to a mother (although not single) with a severely disabled child. Note I did not say severely disabled. I am thinking for the most part fully functional but not out in society. Every day, there are stories of crimes that I think would never be a part of any reality that would ever occur - but they do.

We are just going to have to disagree as I do not see this as a plausible scenario at all.

I think they got it wrong. I heard "Her room's a mess". Starting at about 4:20 here: Mollie Tibbetts' dad believes she is with someone she knows

I truly think Mollie is pretty darn super -and has many wonderful attributes- and her Dad just mentioned these little things like she has attitude can't drive and her life is a mess to just remind us that she is a young woman much like all young women- to let us all know she is not being put on a pedestal or made to appear better than everyone else- that she is no different than anyone else's daughter- that is how I understood it at least

Unless he wants to provide specifics I’d assume he world is no more or less a mess than any other typical 20 year old. Heck, at 20 my world was a dumpster fire.

Re: phone things
I never understand why LE is able retrieve some deleted texts or emails but not others...or,so it seems on teevee, lol

Technology, at least computer technology, on TV is usually terrible.

I think "Person of Interest" is the show that got it closest.

I agree with everything you said. Sadly, we see this time and time again.
And other times, it has a different outcome. Just because we see something "time and time again" does not mean THIS time will necessarily end the same. We may, but we also have every reason, (lack of evidence of a struggle, blood shed, torn clothing or anything indicating injury/death ect..., to remain hopeful this girl will beat the odds. I will anyway.

Actually the initial quote from mom says Mollie DID say she'd be there. The article says "According to Calderwood, Tibbetts said she would be home" for dinner. The "ok" was in response to being told what the meal was.

I think Mom reiterated that in the latest interview, the one with DJ and RT. Mollie had said / communicated something to her mom like she was going for a jog, and then going over to Mom's afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!