Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not only unreasonable to expect them to NOT to be "optimistic" it makes no sense at all! What a thing to consider doing, if you child has vanished without a trace of incident other than that fact, would anyone really expect them to be like: " Well she must be dead then!" "Let's find the carcass at least"...Really people, they HAVE no sign of injury, it is not merely wishful thinking, or because they can't bare to think the worst. As of YET they have EVERY reason to have hope, and I would be shocked if they just assumed she was dead.
Exactly. I just worry that people are reading too much into their optimism, thinking that these family members must know something that makes them feel that way. It’s only natural to hope against hope, and we’ve seen this type of optimism in countless missing person’s cases.

I have never posted on any forum but here, now. I may be wrong in my suspect. I only hope they catch whoever did this.... Nope. My first post with limited info about my suspect was deleted.... I must have broken the rules somehow.
You can read the terms of service (TOS) for posting on WS in many places, including on page 1 of each thread. It's a 'learning curve' but well worth the effort.

Ok, but Hog Farm doesn't necessarily mean " hog confinement", correct? Isn't there a lot of land? I'm just trying to figure out if it was at the exact location or just near the hog confinement.

Many of the hog confinements are just a few acres; just enough land to situate a building on the tract/parcel is purchased from the person owning the surrounding cropland. There has been no specific MSM or LE comments that pinpoint exactly where what we call a ‘ping’ (and unverified) took place.

I don’t know why I posting this but if Mollie is reading this and is alive and this is the scenario of what happened ...

Mollie... woman to woman.... it’s okay if you needed a break, it’s okay if you got scared and wanted to runaway from it all. You might feel even more scared now. You know where your home is and how much you are loved... you know how worried your family and friends are but they won’t give up searching or quit looking for you... I pray and hope you can find your way back, wherever you are... Nobody will be upset or mad at you, and it’s never too late to turn this all around. Everything will work out and be okay in the end. Just let someone know you are okay, even if you choose not to come home at this time... if you just need a little help, please allow someone to help you.

Ok, but Hog Farm doesn't necessarily mean " hog confinement", correct? Isn't there a lot of land? I'm just trying to figure out if it was at the exact location or just near the hog confinement.

The "hog confinement" is only 3.7 acres. Basically just the area around the building. The hog confinement is the only building on that property owned by Prestage Farms of Iowa. Typically, a "hog farm" would consist of more acres growing corn and beans to feed to the hogs.

Its like damn, this case have me looking at everyone as a suspect! Its just not healthy for me to do this much sleuthing.
Not to mention it makes you jumpy. Just sitting here and my son dropped in for visit. He just swung open the door, I jumped and looked at him wide-eye with my heart pounding. He grinned and said "websleuths?"

Hello, I have lurked here on the Missy Bevers, Abby & Libby, Fort Worth 3, and all of this Mollie Tibbetts thread. I have been researching the internet with what material is available here, and that has lead me step by step, to now believe Mollie is a kidnap and likely a murder victim..... When and if justice prevails, and Mollie's killer is caught, I predict it will be a young male, from a nearby town, who is known to Mollie and her family, through school activities and possibly some past business dealings with his family. ......It is very likely that WC knows this person and possibly even suspects him but, I believe WC is innocent of Mollie's kidnapping and possible murder...I believe Mollie's caring nature and interest in preventing suicide in others, contributed to her being taken...........I did report my discovered info to the tipline earlier. Hopefully they are already on to this person..... I will not post very often and I hope I have broken no WS rules in this post. If I have , please delete it. .... I enjoy the forum and reading yall's posts and I too hope for a happy ending or justice for Mollie Tibbetts.
This is a a theory I have not read about, this seems very credible. Her passion for helping people at difficult times in their lives would draw her to such a person.

A parent trying to give their child some happiness and normalcy. It's what every parent wants for their child - right?
Yes, but most people don't go out and kidnap someone to do it

I’m catching up on Jessica Heeringa’s case and just read something that I wanted to refer to here. There has been much reference to and discussion about the possibility of someone being obsessed with her. I am reading at the below link that JW visited the gas station where JH worked 15 or 16 times, including the day before she disappeared. And according to his cousin, he had a hole pre-dug for her.
This is so awful and I certainly hope nothing like that is the case here, but it does make me think a little harder about the potential of a similar type of premeditation, a person she could have encountered regularly, who may have been obsessed with her in a similar manner. With her sporadic schedule, what variables are consistent that we can isolate? Work? Where did she spend most of her time?

Article for reference re JW:
Court documents reveal disturbing new information in Jessica Heeringa case

There are so many different possibilities here in Mollie’s case, imo. And many good theories presented which are diverse from each other. I can’t figure out how I feel about all this. One minute I’m like “random”, the next minute I’m like “WC is suspicious imo”, the next minute...

This is a a theory I have not read about, this seems very credible. Her passion for helping people at difficult times in their lives would draw her to such a person.

Indeed a valid theory/Avenue, her psychology work, I did read this was discussed upstream by some other posters as well. This could go along with the post I just wrote above about someone being obsessed with her.

Last edited:
This makes sense! I earned a degree in psychology many years ago, and currently there is an increase in suicide among teenagers, as well as depression. Not sure about older kids, or should I say young adults, but it does make sense that there would be a lot more emphasis on suicide now.

The numbers have increased in that teen to thirty age bracket. It is good training to make sure you have a good life balance as a counselor. I investigate and audit as a career but my education is psychology and chemistry.

Exactly. I just worry that people are reading too much into their optimism, thinking that these family members must know something that makes them feel that way. It’s only natural to hope against hope, and we’ve seen this type of optimism in countless missing person’s cases.
Right. But it's what they don't know that makes them feel this way. And what they don't know is if she's dead. Until I saw evidence of death. I would assume there was hope. It just seems like a lot of people are so jaded they cant even imagine/believe possible, a better result. I find that sad.

Right. But it's what they don't know that makes them feel this way. And what they don't know is if she's dead. Until I saw evidence of death. I would assume there was hope. It just seems like a lot of people are so jaded they cant even imagine/believe possible, a better result. I find that sad.
I don't think it's a matter of being cynical or jaded, rather an objective reality that the odds are dramatically against a positive outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member