Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "hog confinement" is only 3.7 acres. Basically just the area around the building. The hog confinement is the only building on that property owned by Prestage Farms of Iowa. Typically, a "hog farm" would consist of more acres growing corn and beans to feed to the hogs.
Actually, assuming the terms are being used correctly (but they’re generally not):

Hog Confinement means a big building where the hogs live inside. They generally live in crates, it’s kind of strange.

Hog Farm normally means a hog confinement and the other structures associated with it. Grain bins, machine sheds, etc. But not crops.

Hog Farm can also mean a farm where hogs live primarily outside. Not many of those around anymore, but I do know of 1 on the way to Brooklyn.

Farm. Just farm normally means crops.

I'm not sold on any possible connection. If there was a geographical proximity that would be one thing, but we're talking a 7ish hour drive between locations. Definitely worth a look though.
Yes over four hundred miles away however, that was a brazen attempt at kidnapping. Someone that depraved and desperate to satiate their urge may go to great lengths.

Exactly. I just worry that people are reading too much into their optimism, thinking that these family members must know something that makes them feel that way. It’s only natural to hope against hope, and we’ve seen this type of optimism in countless missing person’s cases.
(Even after an arrest and conviction, JH’s case again comes to mind.)

May this family hold on to hope and have some kind of peace and comfort during this unimaginable time. They must hold on to hope, most people do a would. As we know of up to date, LE has not called this a homicide investigation.

ETA: al though even then some families still hold on to hope. Rita Guterriez’ family is a prime example. There is a violent sexual offender in custody who has been forensically linked to Rita’s disappearance but they still hold out hope. It’s what parents do. And family members do. It’s natural, imo.

Law Enforcement are 'micro managing' everything that is out there; everything the family is saying in interviews, etc. It indirectly tells you what Law Enforcement believes has happened without specific details or compromising the case against the guilty party. It also allows Law Enforcement to continue their investigations without hindrance.

247x87px-LL-b141747d_gmredsun.gif

Thread is open for posting...

Good morning, I have been a long-time visitor due to personal missing person interest, as a classmate of mine has been missing since 1996. I have been watching the Mollie Tibbetts investigation daily. I am saddened that even though the investigation had been handled well from the minute anyone knew she was missing, she has not been found/returned. I hope whoever is responsible for her being gone just gives this family some peace.

A question that has been bugging me for a couple days is this one single report, and if it's been discussed, I apologize. 17 threads are difficult to read through!

There was a warrant served to search the property she was staying at, which is her boyfriend and his brother's home. Why did they need that? Wouldn't the boyfriend just let them in without one? They searched the pig farmer's house and the article says they asked to search it without a warrant, that seems like an odd difference in approach regarding the two properties. Thanks in advance if anyone can clear that up.

Jarrett Rose shared the two clips of Mollie on Facebook, writing: '2 weeks since I've seen your smile and it feels like an eternity has passed by.

'Your voice echoes through my heart every day, giving me the inspiration to never give up on you. No one has, or ever will give up hope and stop searching for you!

'NO TIP IS INSIGNIFICANT!!! Please contact the tip lines if anyone knows anything! We WILL bring you home Mollie, and you'll be salsa dancing in no time!'

Video taken a day before Mollie Tibbetts vanished shows her giggling | Daily Mail Online

Tip line tel:1-800-452-1111

Good morning. Have only posted a few times and can’t seem to let this one go for some reason. Just got caught up on the past few pages from last night. Hope there’s good news today on Mollie.
I think this one has grabbed a lot of people. I know that it has a tight hold on me. Praying every day for her safe return. All we can do is wait! And entertain eachother I guess....

I’m starting to believe more and more that Mollie was taken by a serial killer/abductor and LE has reason to believe she is being held alive.

Although they are far I really wonder about the black SUV and the attempted abductions in Missouri.

I wonder if LE knows she was taken but has no idea how to find him, and whether WC and the pressers are intended to keep him relaxed so he doesn’t hurt Mollie in a panic.

I also wonder about an online stalker Mollie never knew about.

JMO based on hunches and nothing more.

Praying for Mollie’s return.

I would love to see someone put together a bullet point post of what we do know at this point... Example:
-MT vanished between 7 pm of the 18th, thru 7 am of the 19th
-WC claims to have been interviewed by LE up to 5 times
And on and on... Then, do the same for the most plausible theories
If I didn't have 12 hrs of work in front of me today, I would attempt it. That, and I have horrible ADD...
I'm thinking that would be a great tool going forward, keep us all from going back over things...
Wishing you all peace, and hoping MT is found safe soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth