Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although we all want to know about evidence found, search warrants, who was interviewed, etc., etc., all we have right now are sporadic news reports which aren't confirmed and vary from news stations. Until LE is ready to release this information, we will not know.

I put them all together:
Things we want to know:

1. What was the condition of the house? Door unlocked? Did she normally lock doors? Dogs? Shower used?
2. What time was the Snapchat photo taken?
3. Is the red shirt real evidence or not?
4. What route did Mollie jog that evening?
5. Who was also in that area?
6. Did the surveillance video provide any clues (parked vehicles, etc.)
7. Did LE find anything during their searches?
8. Who else did she communicate with that day/evening? Especially on Snapchat.
9. Who knew her housemates would be away that night?
Great list!

I added one more. Sure wish someone could ask all of these questions at the press conference on Friday.

Things we want to know:

1.What was the condition of the house? Door unlocked? Did she normally lock doors? Dogs? Shower used?
2. What time was the Snapchat photo taken?
3.Is the red shirt real evidence or not?
4. What route did Mollie jog that evening?
5. Who was also in that area?
6. Did the surveillance video provide any clues (parked vehicles, etc.)
7. Did LE find anything during their searches?
8. Who else did she communicate with that day/evening? Especially on Snapchat.
9. Who knew her housemates would be away that night?
10. When and where did her phone lose power?

Do we know if Mollie's sports bra/running clothes were found inside the home?

Missed this video interview from yesterday. Mystery co-worker & bus seat mate in SM photo is interviewed but not identified:
“I remember events that have happened & I want those back, and I think they can come back...”
What the heck is he saying?
Mollie Tibbetts' father: Someone she knows took her
Been trying to figure that out for a couple of weeks -- seems strange, huh?

I would like to convey, that I do have knowledge, of how the investigative process works. While working in the LE field, I was invokved in a murder investigation. The end result was:
the victim's ex-boyfriend, was serving a lengthy prison term. When he learned that she began dating others, he hired a "hitman". That person came to my community, and killed the girl. It went unsolved for years.
I testified against the ex-boyfriend, at a jury trial. He was convicted and is serving a life prison sentence.
I have complete confidence, in the LE'S ongoing investigation. I realize how frustrating it is for everyone, INCLUDING ME. I want this resolved ASAP. It will be.

Although we all want to know about evidence found, search warrants, who was interviewed, etc., etc., all we have right now are sporadic news reports which aren't confirmed and vary from news stations. Until LE is ready to release this information, we will not know.
And, like cases I have followed in the past, the news, even in MSM, is not 100% accurate and rumors grow legs.

Qq to LE and atttorneys—if you can’t pull someone in as a suspect yet, but they appear on tv interviews, magazines, etc.. and they appear to have scratch marks on them—can those be used as evidence that holds up later in a trial? Broad question I know but no other way of asking. And would LE be coordinated enough with family and reporters to have them conduct interviews with directed people just to see what they would say? Sorry if unclear. Trying to determine a rationale for what we are seeing or not.

Well, you would think it the norm wouldn't you, and only polite. I have seen others saying here that it was a kind of 'loose' arrangement, and they were 'used' to her casual no-shows. I don't know whether that is supposition or based on something said.
Family stated early on in an interview that dinner was an open-ended invitation, and that sometimes Mollie joined them & sometimes not.

Hi all. I was away for the weekend. I skimmed through the threads I missed and saw a lot of "exciting new news, oh phooey it's just rumor or bad reporting." I think I see a press conference has been postponed until Friday? Is there any real news?

The reward is over $300k, tips are pouring in (one report yesterday said 661 just to Crime Stoppers, those to LE we don't know), WC refused a polygraph, Mollie's family still believes she's alive and her father has speculated a theory that someone made a mistake in taking Mollie and has pleaded for that person to let her go and not escalate the situation further. Press conference this Friday at 9:30 am.

Some videos and news reports that might interest you: IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

I'm new here but hello to everyone. This case really pulls at me like others. I hope and pray for her safe return. I do think that she will be found one way or another semi soon. With all of this attention that's drawn to it. Has there ever been a case that's been swept up like social media like this...it just keeps spreading it seems. I want to think she's alive...and with someone...or something along those lines.

Welcome MagnumPI1 ALSO !! (I wasn't able to quote your post :(

Welcome to WS !!! Nice to see so many new posters here even though the reason why is a sad reason.
I have been following along since day one but had surgery so have not been posting much. I am now recovering and have a lot of time to catch up although these threads are moving quite fast !!

#Kapua-- Thanks for the list of questions that inquiring minds want to know.
This case has me completely confuddled but my thoughts for the moment (subject to change hourly LOL) are that she is not missing voluntarily.
I do think it is someone close to either her brothers or her BF/or his brother who knew she was going to be alone at the house that night. I go back and forth between her getting in a car with someone but not to run away, or if she was abducted. I can see if she got into a vehicle with someone, not knowing they had malicious plans for her.
LE has not confirmed whether or not she made it back from the run or not so my first thought was a knock on the door, she answered, stepped outside and was taken but without verification of her being back to the house, I have to stay open minded that she was abducted while on her run.
Carry on and hopefully she will be found soon.
God Bless her parents and friends and family.

It’s a shame because people are losing interest in this case since law enforcement won’t reveal basic information.

I would like to convey, that I do have knowledge, of how the investigative process works. While working in the LE field, I was invokved in a murder investigation. The end result was:
the victim's ex-boyfriend, was serving a lengthy prison term. When he learned that she began dating others, he hired a "hitman". That person came to my community, and killed the girl. It went unsolved for years.
I testified against the ex-boyfriend, at a jury trial. He was convicted and is serving a life prison sentence.
I have complete confidence, in the LE'S ongoing investigation. I realize how frustrating it is for everyone, INCLUDING ME. I want this resolved ASAP. It will be.

Thank you so very much for being on this thread. Your views and comments are greatly appreciated.

To read that you are confident in this investigation is very important, given your experience over the years.

I have faith in this investigative team. They have mentioned more than once that they are "confident" in their timelines.

I appreciated the comment made by the authorities that this team, comprised of members from different areas of expertise, are working together as if they have been for 20 years.

Given that this investigative team has massive amounts of data received from companies, along with hundreds of interviews and other evidence, I am of the opinion that they may have a person of interest or two in their sights.

In my opinion, I believe that they will solve this case and soon.

Last edited:
I have two theories and I’m new to the board.

#1 - I believe Mollie was abducted. She did not have her wallet and ID etc with her so if she was going to get a vehicle at any point she would have had that with her to go to work, especially in the morning. LE had pings from her cell and Fitbit data sync that put her on a route out of town headed towards WC and south. This is where the abductor and her may have had to make a quick stop to get her under control and she tried escaping. Maybe she tried getting out and he broke the cell and fit bit and this is about where the red shirt was found also. I think there might have been a struggle somewhere close to WC. I don’t think it was him anymore but more leaning towards the attempted break in at the hardware store which nobody seems to link. I’m not sure if anyone is from a small town of under 1,500 people, but I am. Break in’s just don’t occur. Robberies don’t occur. If they do, they find out who did it. So the fact someone was in town to attempt a hardware store breakin. Makes me think that was the black suv person as well. They saw mollie running and followed her and waited for the right time to take her. The hardware breakin which is usually done by a neighboring town person seems to give some possible credence to a person in town around the time of her abduction.

#2 A second theory is Mollie had a potential sugar daddy while attending U of I and he became possessive and wanted her to leave him. Many at the U of I have them. Dalton was out of town and she made plans to leave with him for a while and an argument happened and she never came home. The run was 15 min which tells me she was picked up along the route in theory by someone. The black suv thing could be his and she knew him so got in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam