Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously shared in correct thread, but thank you. (And sniping content regarding Mollie's "Mother" certainly made irrelevant)!

O/T - IMO, the Orca story is one more people need to read (that's why I shared). I just haven't been able to let it go. After seeing all the horrors caused by human parents...

A couple paragraphs up from the "in a house" comment is this: “A DCI agent told us she had been in this 23 years and this is the only case where there was nothing to go on,” Calderwood said.

When I read the entire article, it was much clearer to me that she meant LE, and probably a DCI agent.

'She hated to be sad and hated others to be sad': Brotherly love for missing sister
Thank you for finding that, that's what I was trying to have clarified and there it is, unless the reporter got her remark wrong.

So if it's what the mother said and meant, it seems the snap was sent at 9:45 and LE wants to know where Mollie was in that picture?

Does anyone else feel like these threads are like the movie “Groundhog Day”? We just keep reliving the same questions and theories over and over and over again.

I was offline for a couple of days and was sooo productive those days, lol. Keep telling myself to take another break, but I keep coming back.

Ok, forgive me the dumb question but I’m not a Snapchat user...

Can you send a snap with previously taken photos? Or do you always have to take the photo live?

If the former, the photo she sent to DJ that night could have been from anytime. Especially since it said in one of the original articles I read that she was sending a lot of snaps that night to get him to the top of her favorites list again or something.

Respectfully, no...no...no! It's deterrence that is so important. A house can have the same amount of windows etc. as your house, but if they are locked/barred it could be a big enough hassle for a Perp to just go elsewhere. Of course an alarm system and a doberman are the best bet. Secure your home! : ) : ) : )

YES!!!!!! I am so tired of banging my head on my desk.

I believe it was reported by Day Camp Director that 8AM was start time, so I'm assuming around 7:30AM (I think this was the time her brother texted her whether she need ride).
So then it's possible she was on her way walking or jogging to her mom's house sometime prior to 7:30am and was hit by a drunk or distracted driver. Maybe the accident, if one happened, happened prior to her brother sending the text.
Also, I'm wondering how cell reception is in that area. Did she have to go outside to use her phone?
I ask this because we need to do that here. The nearest cell tower is too far away.

Not trying to be "judgy", but why weren't they texting the night before? They are the SO and it seems everybody is constantly texting. He's away working, it just seems odd he didn't text good night or notice he didn't hear from her.
(Am not insinuating anything, just making a mental note of it).

I am not part of the younger set, and have a semi handle on social media. Did someone have the password to use MT's facebook page? I would have liked it to be more or less halted from the first day and a separate "Missing" page set up. It was such a mishmash that it was useless as a forensic examination of who she was prior to the day and hour in question. Do you know what I mean?

This is a super interesting line of questioning I think. I wonder if anyone had MT login info and could have either taken her acct private (it was public) or shut off comments. Its possible nobody had her login info and so the FB account is now subject to worldwide scrutiny which I find unfortunate for the victim and the family. Or, maybe the family had the login (doubt this due to her age) and LE said to leave the account up to gather comments. I truly wonder why all the SM accounts were left up?

My question here is, if mom's last interaction with Mollie was a text at 7:30pm, why would LE (or whatever "agent" it was) be asking her if Mollie was in a house at 9:45pm? Wouldn't that be a resounding, "I don't know, the last time I heard from her was at 7:30pm."? Is there something I missed regarding this?

I think they do that to check for lying. Kind of a cross-questioning tactic. They do the same thing on those personality tests you have to take for certain jobs. They ask you the same questions several times in different ways to make sure you have consistent answers.

So then it's possible she was on her way walking or jogging to her mom's house sometime prior to 7:30am and was hit by a drunk or distracted driver. Maybe the accident, if one happened, happened prior to her brother sending the text.

The dogs would have found her though...

And, here's another question... If I'm getting this right, DJ left for work on the morning of the 17th, am I right..?
Where was MT on the night of the 17th..? Who was she with..? Dinner at Mom's..? A jog..? What was her routine that night, and was it something that observers could piece a pattern together over..?

Does anyone else feel like these threads are like the movie “Groundhog Day”? We just keep reliving the same questions and theories over and over and over again.

I was offline for a couple of days and was sooo productive those days, lol. Keep telling myself to take another break, but I keep coming back.
You’re right. It’s because we continue to discuss the same theories without the benefit of new information. Without any new developments, we continue to go round and round, and I imagine we will continue to do so for a while.

Ever wonder why only a precious few missing persons get all the resources and attention?

WHY are the others ignored?

I wondered that right away....you see AMBER alerts all the time but only a few get such serious attention.

I personally think they are trying to catch a serial killer.

If they aren’t, then maybe it’s just because the family is making a lot of noise, or maybe the family somehow has friends in high enough places to get them the publicity they need to get extra help.

With snaps, is it just an image or can there be written content, as in a caption or other info? The BF has said that it appeared she was in a house, but it was dark and he couldn't tell what environment she was in. And I've seen a couple of references to the mother saying that LE asked her if Mollie was in a house at 9:45. I wonder if this is a time stamp they found related to the snap and it's really not clear where she was, and this is part of what's concerning?

"Mollie's mom took a call from an agent who was trying to determine whether Mollie was in a home at 9:45 PM:"

I haven't heard who was at mom's house that night. Was mom home or did she have supper handy so Mollie could make a plate. Could 'inside a house' be inside mom's house?

It’s not just THAT cell phones ping, it is that they have a consistent ping speed in relationship to their distance. Radio waves travel at roughly 186,000 miles per second as a known constant. The speed from a single tower to the phone and vice versa gives a the distance radius around the tower with reasonable accuracy. Imagine the broadcast area of a cell tower as a circle around it (this is inexact, but bear with me). The phone could be anywhere at the perimeter of the circle. Use two towers, now you have two circles overlapping, creating a football shape overlap between them. One of the two points where they begin to overlap at the perimeters of the circlular areas around each tower (the tips of the football shape) is where the phone is. With three towers now you have three circular areas with an overlap, which point to a single area of contact. This is the area of the phone during the ping.

If three towers can be used, there can be a reasonable level of precision to the location in question. This would not include the highway area with all its fast moving cars, as you have feared. As an added precaution: since we are looking for a stationary or slow moving ping progression at the point of MT’s abduction, we also know the abductors phone could also not be moving quickly either. So when running analysis on a series of tower/phone pings, fast moving vehicles can be sorted out.

Most of the issues that relate to pings as a search tool: obtaining the records quickly and running analysis, there only being two towers connected or less, the fact that the people are no longer at the point you are looking for, and if you are, the battery going dead.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cel...8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=VrWFnwcjMRjkEM:

This is a critically important aspect of investigation IMO. With LE knowing Mollies digital path, presumably from her cell phone pinging the towers (along with Fitbit), couldn’t LE then reverse engineer Mollie’s precise areas & times on that path to determine if there was another cell phone pinging from those same areas/times? Assuming perp too had a phone (which we don’t know & quite possibility a false assumption), seems LE could then home in on the perps device. I have to believe with today’s technology & FBIs resources, some software engineer could run an algorithm to weed out any false positives to determine what other device(s) crossed Mollies digital path at the time she went missing. Given how rural that area around Brooklyn (ie pig farm), there wouldnt/shouldnt be many devices pinging from that area at precisely the same time/location that Mollie’s phone was pinging. I believe this could help home in a potential suspect(s)... (assuming perp too was carrying a live phone at the time). Just MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam