GUILTY TX - Rayven Shields, 3, Bryan, Jul 2018 *Arrests*

Texas woman whose child is missing had son who was killed
I don't think there is anything new in this article. It does talk about the other child killed in her household. No court date listed.

"Adams was arrested Wednesday and the body was found two days later. Authorities haven't yet identified the remains. She remains jailed on a $75,000 bond. Online jail records don't indicate whether she has an attorney."

The family says an appeal for Timothy’s conviction has been approved and they’re waiting for him to be brought back to Brazos County.
Fenner believes both Lewis and Adams had a role in his son’s death.
Family questions Virginia Adams involvement in first child’s death
The article doesn't say if the approval for appeal is connected to Rayven's death but I doubt it since there's usually a long process to gain an appeal.

I agree with the boy's father - IMO both Lewis and Adams are responsible for the boy's death. It'll be interesting to see how things play out although I'd be surprised if LE ever charges Adams in the boy's murder. If not then I don't know if it can be presented as evidence in court if she's charged with murder in Rayven's case and goes to trial.

This is horrible!!

NEW: Virginia Adams granted custody of Rayven Shields months before three-year-old's disappearance

Rayven Shields was taken from her father’s family and given to her mother, Virginia Adams, just months before the three year old went missing, according to family members on her father’s side.

The Bryan Police Department confirmed to KAGS that they helped facilitate Rayven’s return to Adams in June 2018, after her biological father, Robert Shields, passed away.

Family members on Rayven’s father’s side told KAGS they were also the ones who filed complaints with Child Protective Services (CPS), claiming Adams was an unfit mother and that Adam’s house was filled with drugs.

A July CPS visit to Adam’s house is what prompted the investigation into Rayven’s disappearance.

This is horrible!!

NEW: Virginia Adams granted custody of Rayven Shields months before three-year-old's disappearance

Rayven Shields was taken from her father’s family and given to her mother, Virginia Adams, just months before the three year old went missing, according to family members on her father’s side.

The Bryan Police Department confirmed to KAGS that they helped facilitate Rayven’s return to Adams in June 2018, after her biological father, Robert Shields, passed away.

Family members on Rayven’s father’s side told KAGS they were also the ones who filed complaints with Child Protective Services (CPS), claiming Adams was an unfit mother and that Adam’s house was filled with drugs.

A July CPS visit to Adam’s house is what prompted the investigation into Rayven’s disappearance.
Oh man! How do they sleep tonight, or any night!

This is horrible!!

An earlier timeline had July 27 as the last time Rayven was seen but most reports now say June, which meshes with the information in the article.

It looks like Rayven was taken from her paternal aunt and given back to her mother in June, after which the bio dad's family reported complaints of abuse to CPS. So that's probably why CPS wanted to check on her.

If that's the case then I'm sorry CPS didn't investigate Adams before returning her to that hellish home but it may be that she had the legal right to custody after the father's death. As soon as Adams refused to cooperate and tell where Rayven was CPS obtained a court order for custody.

I'm pretty sure further charges are coming once the remains are positively identified.

Exclusive: Rayven Shields’ family says they were afraid for three-year-old's safety with her mother

SBM

The little girl spent most of her life with her aunt, Rubbie Young, and father, Robert Shields, according to family. Robert Shields passed away in June of this year, leaving Rayven’s legal guardianship in question.

Before the death of her father in June, Rayven did not have a relationship with her her biological mother and did not recognize Adams when she came to take custody of Rayven on June 10th, 2018, according to Young.

Adams returned the following day, June 11th, with an unnamed Bryan Police Officer, who removed Rayven from Young and returned her to her mother’s custody.

Exclusive: Rayven Shields’ family says they were afraid for three-year-old's safety with her mother

SBM

The little girl spent most of her life with her aunt, Rubbie Young, and father, Robert Shields, according to family. Robert Shields passed away in June of this year, leaving Rayven’s legal guardianship in question.

Before the death of her father in June, Rayven did not have a relationship with her her biological mother and did not recognize Adams when she came to take custody of Rayven on June 10th, 2018, according to Young.

Adams returned the following day, June 11th, with an unnamed Bryan Police Officer, who removed Rayven from Young and returned her to her mother’s custody.
Repeating this from your link for emphasis:
This makes me so sad. Virginia Adams had Rayven for what, two weeks, before Rayven's death? Why the hell did she want custody of Rayven so badly? It seems like a situation of "I don't care about my child but I don't want anyone else to care about her." JMO.
Rayven was last seen in mid-June. Family members tell KAGS the last time they saw her alive was June 16th.
My money is on Adams being Rayven's murderer.

Did I miss a court date yet??

TIA! :)

Why...why...why...I ask myself this time and time again do we have a system that takes children from stable homes and places them with people who are unknown to them. In this case why didn’t CPS do an orientation period where the child was re-introduced to the biological mother over time. Did CPS even check out this woman’s background and history with other children being removed from the home? Did they do drug tests? I also advocate for hair follicle drug tests instead of urine. Urine tests are easy to falsify whereas hair tests show the last 3 months of drug usage (this is just a statement I have no idea if drugs were involved). Did they check the home to make sure it was a safe environment for a child? Did they do any background on this woman to see if she was psychologically fit to be a parent? The child was removed from her for a reason, along with the 3 other children.

These are just some questions that I know will never be answered by the CPS in this case. They took this child from a stable and loving home and threw her into the lions den...into a home with a woman the child didn’t even know. I can’t imagine the fear little Rayven felt being ripped away from all she knew and given to a person who obviously abused her and/or let her be abused by others. It took weeks for CPS to address the Shields family’s concerns and by that time it was too late. I am afraid this woman is going to try and lay this at the feet of whatever man of the moment she’s got just like the last time...and they are both culpable even if he or she didn’t do the actual abuse one stood by while the other one did it. This scenario is becoming all too familiar...how many children are going to have to die before this country gets its act together and starts rebuilding our broken system. Parenting should be taught to both males and females. You have to have a license and insurance to drive a car for crying out loud but to have a child...nothing. Do I have the answers...no...all I have are questions.

All statements are mine own opinions...

I will never understand why children continue to be placed back with horrible parents. A child’s safety and happiness, vs. the “rights” of abusers, drug-users, etc. It’s a no-brained to me! What’s wrong with our world!?!? It’s infuriating and heartbreaking.

Can someone please give me a 10% synopsis of this article - especially if a date for hearing is mention? Can't read it per EU new laws....

TIA! :)

Family, community gather at vigil to honor missing Rayven Shields

35-year-old Virginia Adams and 51-year-old Patrick Wilson were indicted this week in connection to Rayven Shields' disappearance.

The indictments accuse Adams and Wilson of failing to get Rayven medical assistance when she was seriously injured and attempting to conceal the toddler's dead body from police.

Texas mother, boyfriend face charges in missing girl case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back