GUILTY UT - Angelina Costello, 3, beaten to death, Ogden, 6 July 2017 *Arrests*

Thursday, July 19th

*Disposition Hearing - UT - Angelina Costello (3) (July 6, 2017) (Starved, burned & beaten to death; weighed 13 lbs.) - Miller Eric Costello (25) & Brenda “Ericka” Emile (22) accused of aggravated 1st degree murder. Both plead not guilty; no bail. DA will seek DP.

Attorney contract issues push back hearing for Ogden death penalty case

Defense attorneys asked to continue the hearing so they could sort out the issue of contracts with the state. One attorney stated that the typical contracts for public defenders do not extend into capital cases unless the state approves a new agreement.

Judge Michael DiReda agreed and continued the hearing to another date.
[.....]
No trial dates were set during the Thursday morning hearing, but the court will discuss scheduling when they meet for their next hearing on Aug. 13 in Ogden.

How are you able to read these articles niner. I can't seem to view any of them because of the restrictions within the UK. It driving me insane lol..

I guess I got lucky on this one! LOL! There are quite a few sites that I can't read either - dumb EU rules!!! It does drive you insane.... At least we have nice people on here that will give us a 10% synopsis on some that I post that I can't read. :)

Monday, August 13th:
*Scheduling Hearing - UT - Angelina Costello (3) (July 6, 2017) (Starved, burned & beaten to death; weighed 13 lbs.) - Miller Eric Costello (25) & Brenda “Ericka” Emile (22) accused of aggravated 1st degree murder. Both plead not guilty; no bail. DA will seek DP.
7/20/18 Update: Next hearing is 8/13.
8/8/18 Update: Funds authorized for defense.

Anyone have access to Weber County in Utah?

Any updates - thanks! :)

Bumping up (again)! Anyone? Next court date?

TIA! :)

Trial dates set for Ogden couple accused of abusing, killing 3-year-old daughter in 2017

OGDEN — Trial dates have been set for an Ogden couple facing capital murder charges following the death of their 3-year-old daughter in 2017.

Attorneys decided during a Thursday morning hearing that Miller Costello and Brenda Emile will go to trial starting in August 2020. Both are charged with capital murder, which could be punishable by death.

The couple’s trial will begin in August and will take up the entire month before continuing into September, and four of the five days each week being used for the trial.
[.....]
Attorneys for Costello and Emile will have until January 2020 to file motions in the case.

The couple’s next hearing will be in three months, and is scheduled to take place on March 14 in Ogden’s 2nd District Court.

Thursday, March 14th:
*Pretrial Hearing - UT - Angelina Costello (3) (July 6, 2017, Ogden) (Starved, burned & beaten to death; weighed 13 lbs.) – *Miller Eric Costello (25) & Brenda “Ericka” Emile (22) accused of aggravated 1st degree murder. Both plead not guilty; no bail. DA will seek DP.
7/20/18 Update: Next hearing is 8/13.
8/8/18 Update: Funds authorized for defense.
12/6/18 Update: Had Pretrial hearing. Next hearing is 3/14/19. Trial set for August of 2020.

Here's another Utah case @MsFacetious - can you help with little Angelina's case? TIA! :)

Not sure what happened to the March hearing because I didn't check then. However there is nothing on the docket now and the hearing didn't make the news.

@MsFacetious - anything on little Angelina's case?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-006.gif

Shoot.... I hate these cases that are so drawn out....

impatient1.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back