Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The audio from GMA says 8, so I am not sure if 8 or 9 is correct.

If it was 9 though, I don't think it would have been pitch dark. Someone on here looked it up and sunset was 8:41 that night, so I think there would have been some vestiges of light. Maybe enough to see what she was wearing.

Trying to wrap my brain around the fact that Mollie was texting her mom about dinner, but was out running at 8 or 9. I would think dinner would have happened prior to that. Maybe it’s irrelevant, but for some reason it’s bothering me.
Did she go to her moms house prior to running? I can’t imagine running after a meal is pleasant..

This is so frustrating. There are so few facts, you would think MSM could get it right. Was it 8 or 9pm? Were the pants black or khaki? Was it shorts or yoga pants? Was it a pink sports bra or a black one?

There are so many discrepancies, we can't depend on any of it.

The audio from GMA says 8, so I am not sure if 8 or 9 is correct.

If it was 9 though, I don't think it would have been pitch dark. Someone on here looked it up and sunset was 8:41 that night, so I think there would have been some vestiges of light. Maybe enough to see what she was wearing.

Yes, the recording says 8 pm, not 9

Trying to wrap my brain around the fact that Mollie was texting her mom about dinner, but was out running at 8 or 9. I would think dinner would have happened prior to that. Maybe it’s irrelevant, but for some reason it’s bothering me.
Did she go to her moms house prior to running? I can’t imagine running after a meal is pleasant..
Maybe her homework took longer than she expected so she got a late start and planned to head to her mom's on the way back, eat and pick up the car. All speculation, of course.

I don't know that anyone can answer this, but do we know how far this guy's house would be from her Mom's? Like would it be near the beginning or end of her run?

If she would have been at her Mom's a little after 9, it is late to eat, but when I was in college and would have a job at night or other things going on, sometimes I wouldn't grab food until 930 or even 10:00. That's back when I could eat whatever without gaining weight or getting heartburn overnight lol. So maybe she was planning on swinging by to grab a brat or whatever. The family may have already eaten; it sounds like this was a casual invite over to grab food whenever and not necessarily a timed sit-down dinner. So this would fit in with texting her mom about dinner at 730, running, finishing up some HW, and then setting out again. JMO

Reposting this:

It looks like this latest guy saw her on east 2nd st. between Broadway and Williams. But I can't tell which way "up the hill" is. I'm guessing it would be North on Williams which would be towards her mom's house.
And if he saw her at 8pm, then she probably had been running 20-30 minutes at point, as his house almost a mile away, which would mean she left the house around 7:30pm.

Reposting this:

It looks like this latest guy saw her on east 2nd st. between Broadway and Williams. But I can't tell which way "up the hill" is. I'm guessing it would be North on Williams which would be towards her mom's house.
That is not anywhere near her mom's house correct? If she was going North it would take her to her mom's but to get to Broadway and Williams from where Mollie was staying isn't really a route that makes sense

Since I posted this close to the closing of the last thread, I will post the new article again.

Iowa man says 'maybe I was the last person to see' Mollie Tibbetts

what is interesting to me about this is there have been three neighbor sightings of her on the run - rt, nh and now dr (did i miss any?). if at least one of these in accurate sighting (and at this point theres not much reason think all 3 arent accurate), i wonder if these people also saw anyone on foot or in a vehicle passing by in the approximate same timeframe that could help piece together the likelihood of mollie being abducted on her run. probably wishful thinking, but maybe they did and LE has been able to gain helpful info or even a POI but they are keeping it hush for now.

alternatively, if all three of them saw no cars or nobody else (or what they saw were people that have been cleared), maybe that tips us toward her not being abducted on her run?

also noting the 8pm vs 9pm discrepancy - if he means 8, then this fits the timeline of her run and imo strengthens my hunch that if 3 ppl really did see her running, they must have seen something else helpful or there was nothing else to see bc she did make it back from her run. if 9, that changes things but not too drastically imo, other than 9pm would be darker - but it still is possible she stepped out around 9 still in her jogging clothes (maybe to get the car).

other run sitings:
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

<changed full name to initials>

If the 9 PM time is correct, perhaps she did go out to jog, return home to do HW, and then head out once again to go to Mom's and that would have been around 9?

With sunset being around 8:30P ish on/around 18 July; I wonder if he'd be able to discern color of clothing so easy with limited light at 9P? - unless there was enough street lighting?

If both 8P and 9P are listed in the audio/written versions - I'd be apt to go with the 8P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa