was best man at father's wedding earlier this year in CA
was supposed to be in BJ and AH's wedding/Dominican Republic
was living between her mother's home and house owned by AH

camera from elec-coop was broken
video taken from Casey's General store
County Fair was going on in a nearby town
there was a biking event in town

July 16:
BJ and AH leave house and are gone during the entire time.

July 17:
DJ left to work on a construction site 100 miles away "early morning".
Mollie's first night alone.
House nearby burgalled.
Mollie was staying in AH's house to dog-sit two dogs belonging to BJ and AH.

July18:
Mollie went to work, taped by friend and video released of her laughing and sticking out tongue.
JT picked up Mollie and dropped her off at AH's at 5:30pm
Mollie chatted with DJ on social media and text msg just before she went out for her routine evening jog. Timeline of the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
Mollie was last seen at 7:30pm jogging in black shorts, pink sports top and sneakers. She had a cellphone in an armband, fitbit and earbuds.
At 7:30 she texted with mother about ingredients mother was going to purchase for a dessert Mollie was going to make for an after-work celebration on Friday the 20th and asked what was for dinner, mother replied "brats", Mollie responded "ok". MISSING WOMAN: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County
At 10pm DJ opened a snapchat from Mollie, she appeared to be inside but he couldn't be sure and no other details about the snap. What Snapchat can and can't do to help find Mollie Tibbetts
Local hardware store vandalized

July 19-
DJ sent good morning text, but it wasn't answered
Jake sent a message asking if she needed ride to work, no answer.
Child care center called DJ in the afternoon looking for Mollie.
DJ called her family.
Mollie's mother called LE to report her daughter missing

Possible facts:

DC: police interviewed him, he was on Mollie's running path. He stated Mollie regularly ran by his home, he didn't see her on the night of July 18th, but stated LE told him she had run by his home. He also states that LE told him Mollie made it home and was studying "late into the evening" on her computer.
Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter

RT: says he saw Mollie that night, walking nonchalant.
Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Rob Tibbetts: Feels someone may have misinterpreted relationship and Mollie is still with that person.

WC- Previous hog farmer, has been questioned by FBI, home and land searched, cellphone confiscated for 24 hours, 2 previous stalking violations. (as per Heavy.com)

NH: stated he saw Mollie running west on Pershing Drive at 7:30pm.
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

DR: Stated he saw Mollie running past his home at 9pm (possible typo and in the article, was 8pm on audio) "She was wearing like a neon pink sports bra with black khaki yoga pants and an armband with her music device, or phone ... hair in a ponytail, just jogging like normal, any other day."
Iowa man says 'maybe I was the last person to see' Mollie Tibbetts

General Timeline:
Mollie last seen at 7:30pm 7/18
Mollie seen by DR at 8pm or 9pm 7/18
Brother tried to contact at 7:30am 7/19
that : a 12 hour window. Sometime between 7:30pm on 7/18 and 7:30am 7/19 is when she went missing. Let's see if we can fill in those hours somehow.

It would be good to know Riley's address, I can't find it anywhere.
If you'd like me to add anything, let me know.

<mod- changed full names to initials>

Last edited by a moderator:
And if he saw her at 8pm, then she probably had been running 20-30 minutes at point, as his house almost a mile away, which would mean she left the house around 7:30pm.
This makes more sense than a 9:00 sighting. 8:00 is just a continuation of the same jog. I think she was taken soon after this while still on her jog.

I wonder if he's right about the time. By then it would have been dark, hard to see anything.

It is still plenty light at that time, I ride my horse until after 9:30 and its light enough for that.

What are "black khaki yoga pants"?

I think they misheard, it was black capri pants.

Does anyone wear "pants" while jogging in this heat?

Yes, a lot of joggers wear those capri style pants, I have several pairs.

This is so frustrating. There are so few facts, you would think MSM could get it right. Was it 8 or 9pm? Were the pants black or khaki? Was it shorts or yoga pants? Was it a pink sports bra or a black one?

There are so many discrepancies, we can't depend on any of it.
That makes me wonder whether he’s remembering a different night. He said he saw her run by there regularly. Clothes don’t match other reports.

Posting this again because it was at the end of the last thread:
Brother of Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend says no sign of struggle at home; she 'would have done something'

I am sure LE was aware of this already. What I don’t understand is why it took 3 weeks for the MSM to be made aware of this / report on it.
From that article: "Tibbetts' boyfriend, DJ, has said he received a Snapchat message from her the night of July 18 after she would have returned from her run"
Was it their routine to have her snapchat him with a pic after her run to let him know she was in for the night?

That makes me wonder whether he’s remembering a different night. He said he saw her run by there regularly. Clothes don’t match other reports.

Eyewitness reports are not 100% accurate. They get less so with the passage of time. And eye witness testimony changes as they read or hear more about a situation.

I posted here about the sighting by this guy just hitting the news now, days ago as I queried what had become of it as he posted on the Sheriff's fb over two weeks ago, and the description fitted her, and importantly, would put a later time to the previous 7.30 sighting.

Man fears he was last person to see missing college student

<removed screenshot of social media>

The only person to assert that he was the "last person" to see her alive was this witness, right? I would trust the 8:00 pm audio (maybe some journalist inadvertently adjusted for Eastern Time). If she went west on 2nd and north on Jackson (edited to correct) then all of the witnesses would seem accurate. We just don't know the real timeline or order. If she was heading north on Jackson (oops, not Des Moines) she could have been heading back to her BF's or her mom's at that point. That seems to be when the trail went cold.

This also takes her passed the Casey's General Store which would explain why the FBI wanted that video footage so badly.

MOO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members