Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been talked about. MT's description with Poweshiek EM has her description listed as "last seen on 7/19". Each new thread here on WS states "last seen on 7/19". Last seen on 7/19 by who?

And if the 8:00 time is correct for this recent witness, I am curious where he is located in relation to the other witnesses who saw her jogging. Just curious as to what her route may have been. I think either 8 or 9 would make sense. And it's possible it is somewhere in the middle of those times. Unless the man made a point to look at his phone for the time precisely as she ran by, the timing may be approximate and not exact.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only person to assert that he was the "last person" to see her alive was this witness, right? I would trust the 8:00 pm audio (maybe some journalist inadvertently adjusted for Eastern Time). If she went west on 2nd and north on Des Moines then all of the witnesses would seem accurate. We just don't know the real timeline or order. If she was heading north on Des Moines, she could have been heading back to her BF's or her mom's at that point. That seems to be when the trail went cold.

This also takes her past the Casey's General Store which would explain why the FBI wanted that video footage so badly.

MOO.
Des Moines runs East-West.

As a male I have no idea what capri pants are. In fact I have no idea what yogo is.

:) Capri "yoga" pants are longer than shorts but shorter than regular long pants. Like mid-calf length, tight fitting, stretchy pants. They're what I prefer to wear when I work out because running shorts are generally pretty short and then I get chub-rub thigh chafing. Too much info?

The only person to assert that he was the "last person" to see her alive was this witness, right? I would trust the 8:00 pm audio (maybe some journalist inadvertently adjusted for Eastern Time). If she went west on 2nd and north on Des Moines then all of the witnesses would seem accurate. We just don't know the real timeline or order. If she was heading north on Des Moines, she could have been heading back to her BF's or her mom's at that point. That seems to be when the trail went cold.

This also takes her past the Casey's General Store which would explain why the FBI wanted that video footage so badly.

MOO.

BBM - Do they have video footage? Thanks!

It sounds like the 9:45 time referenced by LE to the mother is still possibly the most critical time, with the 8:00 jogging time a continuation of the jog she was on when the other neighbor saw her at 7:30. If the snapchat was sent at the 9:45 time, then she made it home or somewhere else. And presumably it was home.

His comments struck me as odd... Why did he put his daughters in the bathroom? Does he distrust police? Was he unsure if they were real law enforcement? Who did the walk thru - FBI or local officers?

Here is the part of the article I am referring to:

DR said he was hesitant to come forward at first but decided to when he saw her family's pleas for help. It wasn't long before investigators showed up to his home, asking for "a walk through, or search,” he said.

"It was pretty terrifying at the beginning because I didn't know what was going on," he said. "I panicked and I put my girls in the bathroom, but they were really polite ... just did the walk through and were out in like 10 to 15 minutes."

Man fears he was last person to see missing college student

<mod added link>

That makes me wonder whether he’s remembering a different night. He said he saw her run by there regularly. Clothes don’t match other reports.

Possibly. Or, it could just be that some men aren't great at describing with correct names, the various articles of clothing that women wear. I could see my dad or husband not knowing the common length of what is considered capri pants.

The only person to assert that he was the "last person" to see her alive was this witness, right? I would trust the 8:00 pm audio (maybe some journalist inadvertently adjusted for Eastern Time). If she went west on 2nd and north on Jackson (edited to correct) then all of the witnesses would seem accurate. We just don't know the real timeline or order. If she was heading north on Jackson (oops, not Des Moines) she could have been heading back to her BF's or her mom's at that point. That seems to be when the trail went cold.

MOO.

He has said previously he is on 2nd and she was going west towards Casey's.

His comments struck me as odd... Why did he put his daughters in the bathroom? Does he distrust police? Was he unsure if they were real law enforcement? Who did the walk thru - FBI or local officers?

Riley said he was hesitant to come forward at first but decided to when he saw her family's pleas for help. It wasn't long before investigators showed up to his home, asking for "a walk through, or search,” he said.

"It was pretty terrifying at the beginning because I didn't know what was going on," he said. "I panicked and I put my girls in the bathroom, but they were really polite ... just did the walk through and were out in like 10 to 15 minutes."

The kids looked small, they could have been scared by police walking through their home and the dad wanted them both out of the way of the police and the kids to not see the police walking through.

Could it be that she got into a car/ truck willingly. A friend of a friend lets say! Someone she actually trusted. They had been drinking, she never knew how much. Maybe she was talked into going. Who knows what she was told ???? Once they took off she realized she was in trouble. She never weighed much & honestly couldn't of fought off 2 guys.
Things headed south from there. I think she knew whoever it was & trusted them.

Riley said he was hesitant to come forward at first but decided to when he saw her family's pleas for help. It wasn't long before investigators showed up to his home, asking for "a walk through, or search,” he said.

I assume the police wanted to check out what type of view he would have from inside his house.

HEY guys and gals, we're making Harmony work overtime. Remember to change full names of all people, except Mollie, to initials. Even if you're copying and pasting a post from MSM. I made the same mistake myself and she's had to edit two of my posts today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv