Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe i'm mis-reading what you've posted, but i grew up in an area like this and was a runner so maybe this will be helpful for people who don't run:
mollie is 20 and runs several times per week. we've all seen her and she appears in pretty good shape; a very typical running schedule for someone like her who wants to run in the evening several times each week, who isn't training for races, would be something like half an hour per run, or around 3 or 4 miles. it's been mentioned somewhere that she has 3 or 4 regular routes that are probably slightly different so she can do a couple of hills or one of them is her weekly long run of maybe 6 miles, but also just to break up the monotony of running the same route through farmland or this tiny town every day. i will also bet that she starts her run and does 1 loop back home rather than running a couple of laps past home for that same reason: it's boring to run along with nothing but fields beside you (running outside in really boring surroundings is literally more tiring in my experience) and she wouldn't choose to pass the same point more than once.
at a typical workout pace, mollie would be running 7 minute miles; a hard pace would be approximately 5 minute miles. this witness is 9/10 of a mile from where she starts/finishes her run, according to a post above. if she's the type of runner who wants to finish her runs strong (something that's always coached so that runners don't get lazy at the end of a workout), she could be aiming to do her last mile in 5 minutes.
so this witness 9/10 of a mile from her start/end point likely saw her within 5-10 minutes of the beginning/end of her run. if he saw her running home at 8pm, she could have been in her driveway as early as 8:05pm.
of course, that doesn't include any cool-down period, which could be when the other witness reported seeing her walking and using her phone. if you run properly, you'd do your half hour workout, then walk/jog for maybe 10 or 15 minutes to cool down before going inside.
Could be but it was close to getting dark. If she left at 7:30, that is later than normal. She typically ran 45 mins and some of that time could be for cool-down. I allowed 15-20 minutes for half of her run which would give her enough time to get to her mom's before it was dark. And I was being a little generous with the time it would take to run a mile because I would think it might vary depending on the day, how tired she was, etc.

If true, it makes me suspect that LE has information that the snap was sent at 9:45. Now if Mollie was a no show for dinner, how would her mom know whether she was in a house or not? She would only know if she was in her house or not... unless mom turns in early and Mollie could have actually made it to her house without mom knowing? I think that LE suspects that she sent the snap from somewhere other than DJ's brother's house. This might also explain why dad believes she went willingly with someone she knows. This whole line of thought disturbs me for more than one reason.

Yes, those are my thoughts, or questions perhaps, as well.

The man who said he saw her jogging at 9 says his house was searched, and the GMA anchors mentioned after his video that co-workers of his were also questioned. He described her as having a hot pink sports bra on, black khaki yoga pants and an armband.

If he has seen her jog past his house regularly, that means other people probably would have also, so could have it been someone who regularly saw her, was interested, and took an opportunity to take her?
It would seem a certainty that other people would have seen her somewhat regularly. There were 3 paths that she took apparently somewhat randomly. LE should very well be looking at every single person on those 3 paths. I don't think that's a lot of people...

If true, it makes me suspect that LE has information that the snap was sent at 9:45. Now if Mollie was a no show for dinner, how would her mom know whether she was in a house or not? She would only know if she was in her house or not... unless mom turns in early and Mollie could have actually made it to her house without mom knowing? I think that LE suspects that she sent the snap from somewhere other than DJ's brother's house. This might also explain why dad believes she went willingly with someone she knows. This whole line of thought disturbs me for more than one reason.
BBM
I've been thinking for awhile the snapchat pic was taken from an unknown location.

Well - we did put a man on the moon in 1969!

And - most of what was shown on The Jetsons cartoon show - is coming true!

To me - not an odd thought at all!

And - the Total Recall movie showed us Arnold being tracked via a chip in his body!

Personally I think everyone should be chipped at birth. We’re practically chipped anyways with our phones and fitbits now. I know , I know this opens a whole can of worms regarding privacy.

Actually this ties into something I was thinking about.

We haven't heard anything new recently. We don't have a named suspect or POI, we don't have new evidence. I've skimmed the 50+ page threads and it seems like we are just going around in circles, talking about a lot of the same things that we've already discussed. There's not much "sleuthing" going on in this thread, and I don't think there will until something new comes up, either at the press conference, due to good journalism, police/FBI activity, whatever.

Perhaps it is time to give Harmony (and Tricia!) a bit of a break and close the discussion until we have something new to talk about. I wouldn't ordinarily suggest this but the speed at which this thread is going - and the number of edits the mods have to do because real names get listed or unrelated things (like the black SUV) are mentioned, means an incredible amount of work for them, to the point where the thread is closed every night just so they can get some sleep.

Maybe some of our eyeballs and minds can be used for the many other missing persons cases on this site, the ones that aren't getting featured on the nightly news.
i think we should at least wait until tomorrow's presser to see if they just say more of nothing or if they will actually give new info

It is starting to sound more credible that someone she knew possibly met her while on her run or at her house as she got home from the run and she got into their car. Im assuming her running shoes,clothes were not found at the house. That is something she would most likely change out of before going to her mothers for dinner or doing homework. You don't sit in sweaty clothes. Her phone was seen on a armband and was not found so most likely was not taken out after her run and set down.

Good chance someone met her and said "hey what are you up to." she may have said "i just got done running and about to go to my mothers". and that person might have said "ill give you a ride there" she trusts them enough to say "ok"
One thing I thought of just yesterday is that she had a room and clothes at her mother's house, so there was no need for her to return to DJ's house before going to her mother's house. She could easily have showered and changed at mom's and then grabbed some dinner.

I’m surprised there aren’t satellites in the sky that record every movement of every town 24/7, and when a crime happens, all they hafta do is punch in a date and time and SEE what happened. Just an odd thought.
Oh be still my heart. This is what I say every single time somebody goes missing. Why??? Invade my privacy if it protects my child.

From Oakland to Iowa, Mollie Tibbetts' family relies on two communities and clings to hope

surely this has been posted...but re-read it...and re-read between the lines.

Assuming this qualifies as reputable news outlet there are some new things in this article. Her brothers did attend the wedding and the dad spoke with all of his kids every weekend for several hours. I think that's all good to know. Thanks for sharing it, White Rabbit. I also enjoyed reading about how all three of the kids thrived in Iowa and why mom moved them there.

I keep thinking of that story from a few years ago where a woman went missing and then they found her deceased in her own home after she somehow got wedged behind a bookcase or something.....anyone remember this?

I realize there'd be an odor by now, but is there any chance she got into some kind of accident on the property somewhere???

One thing I thought of just yesterday is that she had a room and clothes at her mother's house, so there was no need for her to return to DJ's house before going to her mother's house. She could easily have showered and changed at mom's and then grabbed some dinner.

I think the need for her to return would be due to the dogs.

If you were a woman in a town where another woman just went missing would you want to publicly disclose what you saw?
Exactly. And there are many places in the U.S., say Oakland where I lived a while, where if you witness *anything*, ppl will tell you straight-out snitches get stitches. O/T, but my landlord said if you see anything, never ever say anything to anyone, & certainly not the police. Sad.

If that self-reported eyewitness recollection is accurate - and I have no way to confirm that - Mollie would have been in the area of Brooklyn that is most distant from her mom's home. Seems an odd route if her mom's was a destination.
snipped for focus
I don't have a map in my head yet of her paths, the pig farm, WC's, the BJ/DJ/AH house, Cameras(working or not), CooP... so... How close was this sighting to the pig farm of interest? 8:41 was sunset, very dark by 9pm, 9:45 (Was she in a house?), 10pm Snap recieved. I want to plot these times and events on a map. (or if someone has already done this, plz share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member