Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millions of reasons why not. For one, the Earth is round. Satellites orbit round the earth. Even satellites have "black out periods". Hence why many countries like N. Korea wait until certain times to move large weapons, etc. It won't appear on the image until the satellite's next orbit or it could be well gone before the satellite comes back round. They are not stationary objects in space.

There are geostationary satellites.

Geostationary satellites have a different trajectory to polar satellites – they are in orbit above the equator. The height of their orbit - 36,000 km - is just the right distance so that it takes them one day (24 hours) to make each orbit. This means that they stay in a fixed position over the Earth’s surface. Geostationary satellites have uses such as:

• communications - including satellite TV

• global positioning or GPS - which is used for sat navs (satellite navigation systems)
Geostationary satellites always appear in the same position when seen from the ground. This is why satellite television dishes can be bolted into one position and do not need to move.

BBC - GCSE Bitesize Science - Satellites, gravity and circular motion : Revision, Page 2

He should be nervous he’s a convicted stalker. He has a pattern even if a wife, girlfriends, ex girlfriends or someone he’s attracted to it’s a pattern it didn’t just happen one time he has multiple stalking convictions. I don’t understand why people here are just lightly treading over this. I think this is a big deal that and this is where Fitbit data (in the cloud) shows Mollies last location. Last night on CNN was reported he’s now been interviewed 5x. An LE officer guest on HLN show yesterday said WC getting more suspicious as time goes on.
OK, I see, it was an LE guest, not LE who is on the case. Never mind.

I think it basically has been confirmed. If it were in chat, her boyfriend would have looked at it again on the 19th
i believe we are talking about two different things. i am not questioning that mollie's bf received a snap at 10pm and never saw it again.

i am wondering when she sent the snapchat which has not been confirmed, as far as i know.

im not trying to go down a rabbit hole if the snapchat isnt important but someone else brought up the very good point LE may have been asking about the 945pm timeframe and mollie being indoors/at home because they were able to determine the time she sent the snapchat. alternatively, maybe this isnt what LE is what getting at and they have no clue when it was sent - maybe mollie sent it at 5 before her run and by 9:45 had already been abducted/her phone not in her control. it could play a big role in determining her timeline, imo.

My thoughts about WC, the polygraph, he might be the perp, the 19 threads of sleuthing, etc...even if he is - that still doesn't guarantee, in any way, that he will divulge where Mollie is. While this may be answer to what happened and why - it still won't answer the question of where she is and that may be something we never find out. And that, breaks my heart. jmo
Right, this WC guy reminds me of David Westerfield a neighbor in the abduction and murder of little Danielle Van-dam. He denied and denied thought he was so much smarter then LE because he was some professional engineer. He never gave up where her little body was after driving her body all over San Diego crazy routes in that big motor home. Search party was very lucky to have found her out in the middle of nowhere in a trash dumping area near an Indian reservation. It was a really sad case I followed.

I’m not saying he’s guilty he just reminds me of him. Just a feeling I get.

JMO

Last edited:
Is there an extensive network of old sewers or old train tunnels in that region of Iowa? If so, I wonder if LE is searching them.

I saw sewer tunnels referenced as being in "mtwon" (Marshalltown?) in a social media post from 2017 (actually by somebody mentioned in the media related to the MT case recently). Person commented in that 2017 post that they used to go down there and that there are "Prolly some people living down there."

I wonder about old bridges and concrete fallout shelters or abandoned concrete buildings...

How can you be confident a search will turn up nothing on your property unless you are positive it is at another location?
It could be an expression of belief. If I know I did not do X (whatever X is) well founded belief in my own innocence could cause me to use words reflecting that confidence. Evidence could show up on this guys property but its presence might not be from his direct association with it. What happens if the culprit simply drove by the man's farm and tossed evidence on the farm to dispose of it? It would be present, but the farmer would be confident in his innocence and speak and behave that way out of an absence of knowledge.

My thoughts about WC, the polygraph, he might be the perp, the 19 threads of sleuthing, etc...even if he is - that still doesn't guarantee, in any way, that he will divulge where Mollie is. While this may be answer to what happened and why - it still won't answer the question of where she is and that may be something we never find out. And that, breaks my heart. jmo

Unfortunately you are right. This is where the personality and one's character comes in. When some criminals are nabbed they continue to deny their involvment such as SP in the Laci Peterson case. People like that will go to their death bed claiming to be innocent. Then you have SK that once caught will confess to other murders for various reasons, pride in their "accomplishment" or for a lighter sentence such as removing death penalty from the table. I do have my own opinion on how this guy would go but that is nothing to consider here at this stage of the game. One must be arrested and tried before one is guilty of a crime.

It could be an expression of belief. If I know I did not do X (whatever X is) well founded belief in my own innocence could cause me to use words reflecting that confidence. Evidence could show up on this guys property but its presence might not be from his direct association with it. What happens if the culprit simply drove by the man's farm and tossed evidence on the farm to dispose of it? It would be present, but the farmer would be confident in his innocence and speak and behave that way out of an absence of knowledge.

At this point we don’t know if LE found anything on his property or not. We do know something keeps bringing them back to him 5x. Why I don’t know but it does look like they all feel something hinky

Lol. Since being on WS , I have thought about stuff being on my property. How would I know and I would never say something would not be found. Someone could throw anything out or place it on my property and I would not be the wiser

The LE remark about a solid timeline (I think that's how it was worded) might simply mean they've narrowed down a window. Or they may know far more. I hope the PC offers some info, particularly for the sake of the family. And Mollie, so that she can be found.

I'm not thinking vandalizing. I'm thinking burglarizing.

Wasn’t MT’s wallet left behind in her BF’s house? I may be wrong, but if it is true, then it would probably be taken. If she walked in on a burglary, then there would likely be valuable items missing from the home (If there was something stolen, LE is not telling us ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member