Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may not be a opinion, but dang, I would not want to be a 'suspect' in a highly publicized case.

If I were him I would clearly put up a 'no trespassing' sign.

He has not been named as a target of an investigation nor indicted. Not defending him at all, and if he is implicated may justice be delivered.
Exactly! I’d put up a sign that says more than that. If he’s innocent I hope he sues. Absolutely insane what innocence people go through as collateral damage. And it’s not right.

What does an MSM mean? Is there a thread containing websleuth lingo? I’m a rather young 20-something and I’m a part of many forums but I keep wracking my brains seeing all of the initials on the site. I even have tried googling some of these initials and acronyms. I’ve been able to gather that LE and PC mean “law enforcement” and “press conference” and NOT someone’s first & last name, at least.
There is a 3-4 page list on the first page of the website on Lingo....its helpful as new ones pop up every once and while on these threads. MSM is main stream media (major networks, cable news stations and reputable newspapers) and it is considered a viable source of information on cases and information from MSM can be posted on this site.

Yes, and what I meant was that that would add to the number of investigations LE have to continue to follow if they have no other strong leads. Such as, there is a "troll" I think they are called, posting under at least four or five names and accounts of a relative of Mollie. Horrible, disgusting things, taunting .... this account is open to the public and remain so. I don't post openly unless it's a missing animal or something similar and I also don't allow posts - only replies and then only from friends. So my reaction is close this thread to the public!!! But it remains open, so I believe LE has to watch those types of things also. Maybe pressers keep getting delayed because more and more of this type of thing is happening.

Awwww that is so sad.... people are evil & cruel who do that. I have heard this is happening to the family too. Breaks my heart they just want Mollie back! I understand they're keeping every avenue available & probably calling LE when they get them. Hugs to the Family!!!!

Exactly! I’d put up a sign that says more than that. If he’s innocent I hope he sues. Absolutely insane what innocence people go through as collateral damage. And it’s not right.

What is allowed is interesting. I remember a suspect once complained that reporters were on his sidewalk and shooting photos of the suspect inside the house. I was outraged.

My son -- the lawyer -- said, well that'a public property. And reporters can photograph anything from there. Furthermore you know the risks, so pull your blinds. If you are in the news expect things like that.

Cruel but true.

Can someone help me understand something on GOOGLE maps. If I go west from Casey's up the hill there is road called HIGH Street. On the leftside of that road is what looks like a sidewalk but it doesn't go anywhere but into a clump of trees. Can someone local tell me what that is? Orchard has sidewalks - run by the Water Tower... Would a runner use specific landmarks as route markers?

And two more questions - has all wooded areas in Brooklyn been searched? And the water tower?

Or conversely, nothing new to report.
That's my guess. With every single eye on this community if anything at all happened it would be on the web in seconds! I'm sure it's a jitterbug trying to do their job and having their every move and word shouted to the public.

MSM is mainstream media, like CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc. Don't feel too bad, I was on here for a full year and couldn't understand why people would moo at the end of their posts, so I did it too. I thought it was like saying 10-4 on a cb radio, so I mooed like a cow at the end of every post. Then one day I asked why people mooed at the end their posts. Let's just say there was a flurry of acronyms: LOL, ROFL, and ROFLPIMP. I waited another year before asking what those meant.
I had to laugh at your post because I was remembering my earlier days on this site. I had been a member nearly a decade when I decided to ask what MSM meant. Tricia herself sent me a message, shocked that as long as I was a member that I did not know that it meant Main Stream Media. LOL. I also messed up when I used LOL to reply to a post where one of our members had lost their husband. I honestly thought it meant Lots of luck. Now I'm horrified at posting "Laugh out loud" to someone who just lost someone.

Gosh I remember that sad case. She came so close to saving herself.

LE ended up releasing video of the suspects vehicle which helped in that case if I remember right.

I continue to believe by releasing something will help and many cases like that one where LE does release certain information.
She was found 1/2 a mile from my dads house. We all knew of him, met him a few times, etc. He had been complained about before but nothing done. In the end, they found many girls drivers license in his house. Sick peeps out there. He lived 10 min from my home and MANY of us would jog or ride bikes early evening until that...you just never know who’s lurking.

Could be but it was close to getting dark. If she left at 7:30, that is later than normal. She typically ran 45 mins and some of that time could be for cool-down. I allowed 15-20 minutes for half of her run which would give her enough time to get to her mom's before it was dark. And I was being a little generous with the time it would take to run a mile because I would think it might vary depending on the day, how tired she was, etc.

The sunset at 8:41 PM July 18th. If she left at 7:30 and normally ran for 45 minutes she SHOULD have been back home by 8:15 - way before the sunset.

Would a runner, and maybe specifically one her age, chose to run a hill towards the end of her run? Or did she run downhill mainly one day and then up hill a different day? I am clueless - I walk on a threadmill with zero incline or swim- this running business is something I definitely need help understanding.

<modsnipped VSCO account not allowed>

3 questions:
Has anyone read if the door to the boyfriend’s house was locked or unlocked whenever the first person entered after realizing she was missing? Who was the first person to go inside?
Also, are her keys missing?
They didn't lock doors! No reason for Mollie to care about keys. We have discussed how dangerous that is in this day and age no matter where you live.

This isn't really about MT being missing, just about getting to know her a bit. I've been reading through her social media the last couple of days.

The expression that keeps running through my head is "Still waters run deep."

I don't think she was hiding anything, but there's a deep reserve there. A very very private person.

They didn't lock doors! No reason for Mollie to care about keys. We have discussed how dangerous that is in this day and age no matter where you live.

A guy in Kansas City showed me why he doesn't lock his doors. He locked the door, then kicked it hard. Flew open.

If it is night I lock doors, nonetheless. And I like the newer security cameras, but I don't know the efficacy. In a normal sense you are more at risk from your family and friends and accidents.

True about labs.

Polygraphs are basically worthless both scientifically and legally.
LE, FBI require them for new hires I believe and ICE is going to start requiring polygraphs for new hires as well. I read this a few months ago. I think because it’s 95%-98% accuracy rate correct in showing deception or not

LE, FBI require them for new hires I believe and ICE is going to start requiring polygraphs for new hires as well. I read this a few months ago.
It came up in the Strzok hearings. FBI agents apparently have to be 'read in'. However I stand by my statement. Many (?most) states do not admit polygraphs in court.

A guy in Kansas City showed me why he doesn't lock his doors. He locked the door, then kicked it hard. Flew open.

If it is night I lock doors, nonetheless. And I like the newer security cameras, but I don't know the efficacy. In a normal sense you are more at risk from your family and friends and accidents.

Yeah, I used to be really careful about locking up until an LE friend pointed out that the windows on the side of the house are behind shrubbery from the street and only a couple of feet above the ground. Somebody wants to break in, one kick will do it.

But I always lock my car, even when it's in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken