GUILTY CO - Jordan Vong, 7, found deceased, Denver, 6 Aug 2018 *arrests*

What can possibly be the reason for this young girl to murder and hide her little cousin? I suspect when we finally learn more, she has been a "troubled" kid for a long time. Was she living in the same house? I know we don't know her name officially, or details, but I can't help but have so many questions.

I was surprised how long it stayed up.

Usually, law enforcement takes them down very quickly, I think, themselves?

But reading up on this case, and having seen the Facebook comments, they have left it up for a very good reason. A lot of stuff on those comments sections.

I wonder sometimes, if they leave it up purposely, for LE and media to get information/connections quickly (as this one did) for later on because they are not allowed to comment on it?

I do know that media has restrictions also, just saying ... her Facebook page stayed up longer than most in cases such as this

I wonder if it was because it was under a fake name?

What can possibly be the reason for this young girl to murder and hide her little cousin? I suspect when we finally learn more, she has been a "troubled" kid for a long time. Was she living in the same house? I know we don't know her name officially, or details, but I can't help but have so many questions.

I'm 99.99% sure she is his aunt, not cousin btw.

A "cursory search" is simply a LE way of saying they did a plain view search of the home. Based on my experience in LE (will be verified soon) it is likely that on Cursory Search #1, LE did a quick look around as the teenage female was most likely just a person of interest as opposed to be an identified suspect.

Cursory search #2 was likely conducted in the hopes they would find something that would negate the need for a search warrant (anything in plain view that can be tied to the case) or were looking for anything that would lend credence to whatever hypothesis they were formulating.

As stated in the PC, getting the SW was a tactical decision in order to ensure that ANYTHING discovered would be legally admissible. The officers had to have some type of Probable Cause to be granted the warrant in the first place so they weren't just shooting blind. They definitely had something on her.

Lastly, for those wondering about any culpability of the other tenants of the home, it is highly unlikely that no other charges will be filed. As the suspect is a minor, the parents/guardians are still responsible for the minor. As such, the law expects parents to maintain a certain level of awareness as to what their children are up to. This line varies by jurisdiction. In the end, the fact that this poor boy's body was actually hidden (which is very significant when analyzing intent), there is little to no room for any adult in the domicile to feign ignorance.

Nonetheless, this will be an interesting case to see play out in the courts. I live just a few hours away so I should be able to keep up on this one.

A "cursory search" is simply a LE way of saying they did a plain view search of the home. Based on my experience in LE (will be verified soon) it is likely that on Cursory Search #1, LE did a quick look around as the teenage female was most likely just a person of interest as opposed to be an identified suspect.

Cursory search #2 was likely conducted in the hopes they would find something that would negate the need for a search warrant (anything in plain view that can be tied to the case) or were looking for anything that would lend credence to whatever hypothesis they were formulating.

As stated in the PC, getting the SW was a tactical decision in order to ensure that ANYTHING discovered would be legally admissible. The officers had to have some type of Probable Cause to be granted the warrant in the first place so they weren't just shooting blind. They definitely had something on her.

Lastly, for those wondering about any culpability of the other tenants of the home, it is highly unlikely that no other charges will be filed. As the suspect is a minor, the parents/guardians are still responsible for the minor. As such, the law expects parents to maintain a certain level of awareness as to what their children are up to. This line varies by jurisdiction. In the end, the fact that this poor boy's body was actually hidden (which is very significant when analyzing intent), there is little to no room for any adult in the domicile to feign ignorance.

Nonetheless, this will be an interesting case to see play out in the courts. I live just a few hours away so I should be able to keep up on this one.
Welcome MindHunter13! I look forward to you becoming verified and I'm sure plenty of others here are too! We love our verified pros so be prepared for the countless questions we'll be throwing your way.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what led LE to be suspicious of the girl. Like you said, they must have had something. At 8:37 pm on Aug 7 KDVR reporter Ashley Michels tweeted that LE was in an upstairs bedroom taking lots of pictures. According to msm the warrant was executed at 8:26 pm so 11 minutes in they were focused on a particular room.

16-year-old suspect held without bond in connection with Montbello boy’s death 8/9/18

The teen’s relationship to Jordan Vong, 7, is unclear

A 16-year-old girl arrested in connection with the death of a 7-year-old Montbello boy is being held without bond after a Thursday detention hearing in juvenile court.

The teen’s appearance was waived during the equivalent of a first advisement hearing in adult court, said Ken Lane, Denver District Attorney spokesman.

The teen, who has not been identified, is a suspect in the death of Jordan Vong, 7, whose body was found “intentionally concealed” in the boy’s family home Tuesday night.
Jordan Vong death investigation: Suspect held without bond in Montbello boy's death

Home Facts: 3 bedrooms; 2.5 baths; Sq feet 2,110; Year built 1997
Interior Features
  • Bedroom Information
  • # of Bedrooms Upper (Total): 1
  • Bathroom Information
  • # of Baths (Full): 2
  • # of Baths (1/2): 1
  • Basement Information
  • Basement Finished: Finished
  • Percent Finished: 90
  • Size: Partial
  • Interior Features
[snip]
Room 1 Information

• Room Type: Kitchen
  • Room Length: 11
  • Room Width: 13
  • Room Level: Main
Room 2 Information
  • Room Type: Living Room
  • Room Width: 11
Room 3 Information
  • Room Type: Family Room
  • Room Length: 14
Room 4 Information
  • Room Type: Master Bedroom
  • Room Level: Upper
Room 5 Information
  • Room Type: Bedroom
Room 6 Information
Room 7 Information
  • Room Type: Bathroom (1/2)
Room 8 Information
  • Room Type: Bathroom (Full)
Room 9 Information
6957611_1.jpg

49.. Fairplay St, Denver, CO 80239 - 3 beds/2.5 baths

Last edited:
jordan.vong.second.photo.jpg

At first, the Denver Police Department inquiry into the passing of seven-year-old Montbello resident Jordan Vong was termed a "death investigation." But now the DPD is revealing that a sixteen-year-old girl has been arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder.

The girl's name has not yet been released owing to her age. Her status as a juvenile also prevents the department from divulging her relationship, if any, to Vong.
Jordan Vong's Body Found in Home, Teen Arrested on Suspicion of Murder

Interior Features
  • Bedroom Information
  • Bathroom Information
  • Basement Information
  • Interior Features
  • Flooring: Carpet
  • Cable Available, Open Floor Plan, Updated, Window Coverings
  • # of Fireplaces: 1
  • Fireplace Location: Family Room
  • Kitchen Appliances: Dishwasher, Disposal, Microwave Oven, Refrigerator, Stove/Range/Oven
[snip]
Room 1 Information

Room 2 Information
Room 3 Information
Room 4 Information
Room 5 Information
Room 6 Information
Room 7 Information
Room 8 Information
Room 9 Information
6957611_1.jpg

Interior Features
  • Bedroom Information
  • Bathroom Information
  • Basement Information
  • Interior Features
  • Flooring: Carpet
  • Cable Available, Open Floor Plan, Updated, Window Coverings
  • # of Fireplaces: 1
  • Fireplace Location: Family Room
  • Kitchen Appliances: Dishwasher, Disposal, Microwave Oven, Refrigerator, Stove/Range/Oven
[snip]
Room 1 Information

Room 2 Information
Room 3 Information
Room 4 Information
Room 5 Information
Room 6 Information
Room 7 Information
Room 8 Information
Room 9 Information
6957611_1.jpg

PMrgan
Megan Lopez reporter for Denver 7 posted a video on her Twitter of the house and two groups of people not ready to talk to reporters . Is it common for the crime scene to be released so quickly not knowing if all evidence was gathered? Could this indicate a confession or is this common ?
Meghan Lopez on Twitter

PMrgan

Megan Lopez reporter for Denver 7 posted a video on her Twitter of the house and two groups of people not ready to talk to reporters . Is it common for the crime scene to be released so quickly not knowing if all evidence was gathered? Could this indicate a confession or is this common ?
Meghan Lopez on Twitter

The twitter video is dated 8/8/18 around 11AM so that does sound very quick to release the "scene" to the residents --unless the home was not the "crime scene." Based on the red car in garage with trunk lining removed [by LE?], it's certainly possible that Jordan was murdered at another location, and his body then "concealed" at the residence.
Alleged murderer is a minor, so the information will be very slow in coming.... patience.

Gasp..., these crimes against children really hurt my head:(:(

IDK...it would be pretty stupid to kill him elsewhere and then take his body back to his home, hide it there and report him missing. Although, a teen might not think things through like an adult. I keep thinking maybe it was an accident, but she's charged with murder. So I guess not.

I wonder if it was because it was under a fake name?

I'm 99.99% sure she is his aunt, not cousin btw.

I'm sure you are right ... on both replies. I stand corrected, and thank you. Although I think Amonet is right (thank you for the reminder)-- has the relationship been stated yet? I shall be more careful. :oops:

IDK...it would be pretty stupid to kill him elsewhere and then take his body back to his home, hide it there and report him missing. Although, a teen might not think things through like an adult. I keep thinking maybe it was an accident, but she's charged with murder. So I guess not.
1st degree murder! There's a study linked somewhere on WS citing the number of crimes minors (i.e., teens especially) commit inside of and/or involve cars. I'll try to find it.

1st degree murder! There's a study linked somewhere on WS citing the number of crimes minors (i.e., teens especially) commit inside of and/or involve cars. I'll try to find it.
I've never heard that, but it does make sense now that I think about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back