CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #2

I have not read this thread for some year or perhaps even two years now, hence am not sure if I ever brought it up, but I always found it extremely strange that the authorities who decided to use ground penetrating radar on the garage floor of the suspect and detected "anomalies" underneath it nevertheless decided not to dig to check what those anomalies were. Especially as they very obviously must have had a very good reason to use the radar in the first place, as investigators don't just randomly wonder if someone lays buried under someone's garage floor unless they have a reason for such a suspicion.

One might perhaps argue that it costs money to dig, however one would think that number one priority would always be to thoroughly investigate any lead that might aid to bring potential closure to family and loved ones, rather than just shrug at it?

I have not read this thread for some year or perhaps even two years now, hence am not sure if I ever brought it up, but I always found it extremely strange that the authorities who decided to use ground penetrating radar on the garage floor of the suspect and detected "anomalies" underneath it nevertheless decided not to dig to check what those anomalies were. Especially as they very obviously must have had a very good reason to use the radar in the first place, as investigators don't just randomly wonder if someone lays buried under someone's garage floor unless they have a reason for such a suspicion.

One might perhaps argue that it costs money to dig, however one would think that number one priority would always be to thoroughly investigate any lead that might aid to bring potential closure to family and loved ones, rather than just shrug at it?

Agree 100%. As I said in an earlier post, I would like nothing more than to see the ground penetrating radar done again. Not sure what that would entail.. I mean can LE just go and do that after all these years have gone by. ? This case haunts me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've considered the same thing. Thoughts...

It's a small town. I have no idea how much digging would cost, but it's likely that the department (or rather, a minimum of one person in the department at the time) opted not to dig partly for financial reasons. For all we know, some people thought digging was a good idea. Now that the property is a business, I imagine they won't want to disturb that area unless the right person reviews the report and decides it's worth checking. Or until someone confesses and points there specifically.

Yet...

If I could turn over one stone in this case, it would be this one. I'd love to show the report of anomalies over to impartial (not affiliated with local law enforcement) experts in the field or, better yet, have a third party with the latest technology come out and try again. Or just dig and see if anything is there. That would be satisfying.

If Roger isn't on that property and he isn't in the school, it will most likely take a confession to close the case. If Roger's remains are under the garage, I think we'd have a couple of our many answers.

But oh, I'd love to know why they wouldn't dig!

If you want to read about a truly maddening case if law enforcement not digging, please read about the Springfield Three.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back