• Other boyfriend/lover: <1%
  • Close friend: 10%
  • Acquaintance: 20%
  • Complete stranger - just saw her: 25%
  • Stalker/predator - planned this: 44%
  • Any other scenario: <1%
Is MT still alive?
  • God I hope so: 1,000,000,000%

One thing I don't remember seeing mentioned here, although I've skipped plenty of pages, is that her living arrangements at her boyfriend's were probably new. He mentioned the ac not working well in her room at her mom's, so it was just this season, most likely that she had been living there, and possibly on and off. She probably had plenty of things at her mom's, including clothes and shower supplies. It would seem to me that she could have planned to end her run at her mom's knowing she could just shower there. Besides, why would you come back to the house just to leave on another run?
Also, when getting the car from her brother other summer nights, her boyfriend may have driven her to her mom's or even dropped her off at work some days if he had the day off, so there may not have been much of a routine for her brother to count on, making it less alarming when she never picked the car up.
I believe the living arrangement was new to all. I'm not one to sleuth family but chatter is BJ & fiance just purchased house a few months ago, so up until then I think Mollie lived at University and/or with Mom. Summer presented opportunity to house/dog sit for them. It's been reported she already rented apartment at school for the fall.

Don't people almost always get out early though? Way early? Just seems I keep reading how people hardly ever do full sentences, esp. minors. Like parole board is years earlier than forecast. Right or wrong, for me just depends on the case at hand.

My significant other's daughter killed her own daughter (my SO's granddaughter). Took 3 days to kill the 12 year old girl. This was in 2005 just after Hurricaine Katrina; things went weird after the parents burned through the FEMA and Red Cross money on a drug run, and they started tweking. The Stepfather (with an IQ of just over 80) got life W/O parole in Mississippi's Parchman Plantation Prison. The murdered child's mother (a sociopath with an IQ of 130+ who orchestrated the child's torture and death) got 20 years and was released this past December, after serving only 12 years and 3 months. So, yeah, there is no justice for some.

(Ears suddenly perked up)...talk to me Iowaroots...

ETA: a couple questions, exact distance? Do you know for sure it hasn’t been searched? If not, maybe there’s a reason/indication why LE is looking elsewhere? (brainstorming on this...thanks for throwing me a bone to chew on...)
I searched and it's 22.4 miles west of Brooklyn traveling on the US 6 .

This one is my first look through town. If you view this before youtube finishes trimming it, note that the hardware store I see is not the hardware store that was vandalized. This one gives you a good feel for the town, next one will be a closer look at the residential streets.

This video starts as we leave Casey's and continue west down Historic US 6 to 385th Ave just west of town. I had never been down this road before and now I can see why - it's gravel turning to dirt before it turns into West Des Moines St. I really don't think Historic US 6 or that stretch of 385th are relevant as potential routes, but maybe they should be noted.

(3:15) As I enter West Des Moines St and continue East you'll see the house where Mollie was dog sitting and the Electric Co-Op to my left. You can get plenty of close up via google street view if you're interested.

(5:10) W Des Moines meets Jackson St and I turn left (N) towards the high school. To get to Mom's house one would turn right at the 6:30 mark. I'm not going over to those houses. I continue North to Hwy 6 (not the same as Historic US 6), then turn around and go back South.

(9:30) Heading South on Jackson, I turn left (E) on Pershing. This is likely a street Mollie would have jogged along regularly. 10:45 I turn right (S) on Mills St and follow that south to 2nd street (11:35).

(12:35) I'm stopped on the corner of 2nd and Clay St getting ready to turn North. Note the view from here, you can see Casey's up ahead from the that intersection. I turn and follow Clay St north until it ends at E Des Moines St (14:35). Here I turn left (W) back to Jackson, then turn south and head towards the Business District. Notice Casey's again off to my right at 15:50.

(16:00) The Business District in Brooklyn is really just the one block of Jackson St south of Casey's. It's a one-way (south only) street.

Thank you so much for posting this for all of us. I pictured a much more rural area (homes spaced further apart, no sidewalks, etc.). Even with apps like Google Earth, I sometimes have a difficult time with this.

After watching each of the videos (and hearing you indicate 4-5 people may have already reported a strange car in their neighborhood with you driving through), I am even more convinced MT's disappearance involved someone she is familiar with. (And possibly someone from the community). MOO

LE not releasing the time she was doing homework because it "could hinder the case" has stuck out to me. Sorry if this has already been covered, ignore this post if it has.

Why could the time she was at home on the computer hinder the case? They already have a vague timeline. Sometimes with online homework, I've had email/message discussions with other students I was working with. Could they have info about someone she was chatting with? Either on another social platform at the same time, or with another student??

One thing I'm learning from this case specifically is to cease speculating- pulling something outta my butt- if it has nothing to do with actual facts about the person in question. Facts gotta be on the ground first. Not the opposite, where I try to make my suppositions converge with any scenario/fantasy re an outcome. Just because two people could have, in theory, taken her, doesn't make it any more likely just because it could have happened.

LE not releasing the time she was doing homework because it "could hinder the case" has stuck out to me. Sorry if this has already been covered, ignore this post if it has.

Why could the time she was at home on the computer hinder the case? They already have a vague timeline. Sometimes with online homework, I've had email/message discussions with other students I was working with. Could they have info about someone she was chatting with? Either on another social platform at the same time, or with another student??
I think the issue is that this information relates to the timeline in general, which has tremendous evidentiary value, and thus, is too valuable to investigational integrity to release. Time will tell, if this was the correct decision.

My significant other's daughter killed her own daughter (my SO's granddaughter). Took 3 days to kill the 12 year old girl. This was in 2005 just after Hurricaine Katrina; things went weird after the parents burned through the FEMA and Red Cross money on a drug run, and they started tweking. The Stepfather (with an IQ of just over 80) got life W/O parole in Mississippi's Parchman Plantation Prison. The murdered child's mother (a sociopath with an IQ of 130+ who orchestrated the child's torture and death) got 20 years and was released this past December, after serving only 12 years and 3 months. So, yeah, there is no justice for some.
There is no justice for some. It's a broken system. I am very sorry that has happened. That sucks all the way around. Thank you for posting. I'm going to remember this.

Whaaat? That’s my “magic number” IMO..meaning, and I’ve said this a million times, 22ish miles seems to come up frequently in disposals that I have studied, jmo, moo...very interesting...

Maybe LE hasn't searched the park because they know more than we know and LE already knows for a fact she isn't there.

No offense to the men here, but I do think that it's a guy thing. Men are more apt to not be on social media, they don't reply to msgs like women do, they are more lax about keeping in touch. Also most people rationalize things, the old "when you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" thing. When someone doesn't respond most people would make a assumption that the phone is dead, or the msg didn't go through, or the person is in the shower, etc.

Your comment just reminded me of something I read on MT's Twitter. She had posted a couple of snaps of her and DJ and she made a comment about him not being on SM. She said something like he was too cool for SM. I'm sure a joke to her friends.

Hmmmmm...interesting...

They possibly had no reason to look anywhere but the pig farm :(
(Bingo. That’s exactly what I was getting at as well)

Maybe LE hasn't searched the park because they know more than we know and LE already knows for a fact she isn't there.
Agreed.

This is actually why I was specifically wondering if it was possible it has been searched and we just don’t know about it. For me this is all about gauging LE. These days the way I approach a case seems to be trying to read between the lines of what LE tells, or doesn’t tell us.

This area may not specifically be on their radar, for whatever reason. But from a “blind” standpoint, an area like this would stand out to me for various reasons, should this be a random abduction, and one where the victim (Mollie) is not taken back to the perps’ residence.

Which reminds me, about the question posed upstream, “if you had one question for LE”...I think mine would be “is there any indication at this time that this could be a random abduction?”

(I can almost predict the response, “this is an open investigation and we are looking at all possibilities” lol)

Last edited:
Great point, I was annoyed at LE about this. Hopefully that’s the case.
Has LE commented on their mindset re:volunteer searches (sorry trying to think of a better word than mindset, let me give you an example, from Rita Gutierrez’ case:

( O/T: “But, as Longmont police Deputy Chief Jeff Satur previously said, there is a lot of area to search and a number of places where evidence could be.

"We have lots of volunteers searching, but we need more help from the public," Holguin said in an email. "If possible, more resources to help search for Rita from our city, county (and) state officials . . . I would like more city (and) state officials to help search for Rita."”

Another example from Rita Gutierrez’ case:

“"We have our theories, but there's a lot of land and territory out here," Satur said. He is asking people to search dirt and mountain roads if they have time, especially around rural areas like Rabbit Mountain, the Peak to Peak Highway and Jamestown.

Satur said they have information that the body may be east of Rollins Pass, or in the area around Rabbit Mountain or Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge.“”.

Reference link:
Rita Gutierrez-Garcia suspect held in separate rape case after being arrested at border

Another example:
“Longmont police are aware of the searches, and Deputy Chief Jeff Satur says they are "fully supportive" of them.

"Obviously, finding Rita is a big concern for us," he says.

“Police officers don't accompany the searches, but Satur says if they receive information on a location of interest they will follow up and search the area.“
Reference link:
Rita Gutierrez-Garcia's family, friends still searching for missing Longmont woman )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member