Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think more came out of this than you guys are giving credit for. I haven't been a believer in the Accidental Hit and Run theory, but:

• Asking about people with unexplained damage to their vehicle
  • Asking about people that unexpectedly cleaned their vehicle
  • Wanting more information about who was at that car wash that night
  • Being confident the public isn't in danger
Doesn't all of that point to an accidental hit and run and the person panicking and disposing of her body?

Just another thought what may have happened.

Man this guy is just so super confident in their timeline, props to the reporter that kept pushing with questions about that, but looks like we aren’t getting anything on that.

O/T but for anyone that follows college football, these LE and their ability to continue answering without answering the same question/s reminds me of Nick Saban getting asked about which quarterback he is going to start this season - although everyone is going to find out when the season starts. For Mollies and her families sake, I just wish there was a day/deadline soon where they would have to release this timeline if they don’t get anywhere. I think it may be what clues in a possible witness possibly.

"Don't feel the public is in danger."

Wow. I cannot believe this statement.....:(
This was the most important thing he said in the PC. I don’t believe if they thought it was a SK they would say this. Also why was her family to the side instead of behind them. They also looked angry to me this time (don’t blame them).

Press conference thoughts.

Finally, LE discusses the possibility of certain observable changes in a person who may be involved with the crime. This was previously a major complaint of mine. Examples:
Change in routine
Vehicle cleaned, missing, sold, or repaired recently.
Out of communication during 18th or 19th.
Physical changes
Behavioral changes
Injuries
Sleep pattern changes
Drugs, alcohol use
Close media attention or unwillingness to discuss case
This press conference hasn’t given me any greater confidence that LE is close to solving this.
Additional notes:
No manpower changes
No timeline release
No known reason that the public may be at risk (curious and may or may not mean anything)

as sleuthers I know we get frustrated when LE offers so little and interpret it to mean they don’t have anything

But from past experience why would they release information to the public unless there’s a reason to? LE’s best play is to keep everything close and quiet whether they have nothing or not, a possible perp not knowing what they have causes anxiety and anxiety causes mistakes, whether LE actually has anything or not.

My opinion

Do you have a link that works?
https://findingmollie.iowa.gov

click on the center red oval right over Brooklyn. It says, "Law enforcement is asking anyone in the area of the D & M Car Wash on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page HERE."
I think the website is sporadic right now- possibly overwhelmed.

I’m sorry. If this was my child I’d be insisting on organizing searches. At least that’d be doing something. The press conferences sound more like cya than anything else. I don’t think they’ve got a clue where Mollie is. I hope I’m wrong.
Who knows maybe lots of lazy folk in that city to go looking. I saw tons and tons of areas I thought looked like a body could have been placed. Where are the cadaver dogs?

I came to a few conclusions after watching the presser. I think they are thinking local. I felt they do not think sex trafficking or they would have bombarded us with the stats. Something occurred with a vehicle (she was hit by a car, damage to the car, her dna is in a vehicle that was being cleaned up.). Just MOO. I did like this State investigator much more than the previous guy who led the pressers.

Last edited:
What a disappointment! I feel like they should have given some of that (watch your friends, family, neighbors for changes/injuries) back in week 1. I have officially gone off the deep end :
:
:
:
:
<kersplat>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors