Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
They listed most of the typical post-offense changes in behavior:
  • Change in normal routine, which might include missing school, work, or routine engagements without a plausible explanation;
  • A vehicle unexpectedly taken to a repair shop or sold/disposed of;
  • Unexpected or intensive cleaning of a vehicle, possibly at an unusual time of day;
  • Unexplained lack of contact or inability to get in touch with someone you know the evening of July 18th into the morning of July 19th;
  • Altering of physical appearance (growth or removal of facial hair, change in cut or color of hair);
  • Displays of anxiety, nervousness, stress or irritability;
  • Unexplained injuries;
  • Changes in consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes;
  • Changes in sleep patterns;
  • Interest in the status of the investigation, including close attention to media coverage or an unwillingness to discuss the investigation.

as sleuthers I know we get frustrated when LE offers so little and interpret it to mean they don’t have anything

But from past experience why would they release information to the public unless there’s a reason to? LE’s best play is to keep everything close and quiet whether they have nothing or not, a possible perp not knowing what they have causes anxiety and anxiety causes mistakes, whether LE actually has anything or not.

My opinion
Because keeping things close to the vest didn't help with Abbey and Libby. Didn't help in a lot of cases. They simply are trying to keep family from breaking down. Dad is in Marketing. Good speaker but I am sure he is worn and tired now. Mom speaks well and from the heart also. Dalton has made it clear he is angry. I am sure they want to SCREAM! Sadly, I don't now believe Mollie will be coming back and that has me angry and sad.

They absolutely have a timeline. Why wont they release it!!!!???? Very baffling technique.
This is just me but I say it’s because they known who their perp is. Just waiting for them to slip up so they can get more info and evidence. I’m not gonna doubt them one bit. Not right now. They gave up lots of info here today. Jmo

Cause in DC 1/3 are spies, 1/3 are crooks, and 1/3 are on the wrong train. /s
NYC is the same way -- when I visit (often), anyway -- nothing scary or threatening or mean or suspicious, it's just that eye contact doesn't exist. It didn't make me cautious or anything -- it just is what it is. You learn to be the same way quickly.

Feels like they threw up a wide net-local, non-local, student, worker, someone acting different, somebody who wasn't around that evening or the next day, somebody who looks the same, somebody who looks different.
In other words, we need a tip. If the digital footprint put them onto somebody, they don't seem to have enough for a SW.
The car wash and the truck stop probably have cameras-maybe Mollie was seen on them? Or perhaps they saw a vehicle and want someone to come forward with enough info to obtain a SW.
I think I watch too much The First 48.

If LE confident in timeline, then why the
Timing of such request tells me LE reaching dead ends substantiating their early theories. Not to be critical, but is it common to ask for such info now, 4wks after??

From the website http://findingmollie.iowa.gov :
Although we have not ruled out any scenario that could explain Mollie’s disappearance, we must consider the possibility that foul play is involved. Individuals who commit violent crimes often exhibit behavior that is recognized by those with whom he lives, works, attends school, or is in an otherwise close relationship with. Often, someone in the community will unknowingly be associated with the offender, and may be in a position to observe behavioral changes in that person. They will recognize the change and may even question them about it, but will not relate the change to that person’s involvement in a crime. Since Wednesday, July 18, 2018, you may have noticed one or more of the following changes:

• Change in normal routine, which might include missing school, work, or routine engagements without a plausible explanation;
  • A vehicle unexpectedly taken to a repair shop or sold/disposed of;
  • Unexpected or intensive cleaning of a vehicle, possibly at an unusual time of day;
  • Unexplained lack of contact or inability to get in touch with someone you know the evening of July 18th into the morning of July 19th;
  • Altering of physical appearance (growth or removal of facial hair, change in cut or color of hair);
  • Displays of anxiety, nervousness, stress or irritability;
  • Unexplained injuries;
  • Changes in consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes;
  • Changes in sleep patterns;
  • Interest in the status of the investigation, including close attention to media coverage or an unwillingness to discuss the investigation.
____
This leads me to believe they think she was transported/ attacked in a car.
This leads me to believe it is someone who lives in the area or who frequents the area (work, family, etc)
They describe the possible perp as a "he"

We also glean an idea of the route they believe Mollie took or where they believe she was, as noted by the highlighted circles on the map. When you click on them, they zoom in and you get more details. They have some definite areas of interest. Is there anyone who can provide insight into these specific

I know a lot of you are thinking they didn't release any info from this presser, but I think a lot can be interpreted by what they did or didn't say.

They "do not feel like the public is at risk per se". They have "not found a need to do that" (tell anyone in community that they are at risk).
I would guess that it means they think someone was specifically interested/knew Mollie.It was about her. However, an unstable individual who would abduct her can become desperate and do anything. for example, like any kind of hostage standoff (domestic or otherwise) etc. They can't predict what someone would do

And I am also done with spending time and energy on daily round and round what if theories and mini novels about contacts and fitbits and which way the wind was blowing. Years from now they’ll still be looking for her.

Although the filtered press conference was to be expected, the interactive map LE have provided is interesting.

Truck stop, car wash, and 385th avenue are possible areas where her FitBit/iPhone data traveled through.

She must have ran through the town past the car wash heading west on East 2nd street which eventually turns to US-6.

Then she turns right on 385th avenue, which I am guessing was final stretch of her run on the way back to the bf's house on W. Des Moines St.

The FitBit/iPhone data must have left a trace near here, perhaps on the way to Guersney and onward. Could be a truck driver or the perp just drove past here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects