Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been posted but based on that press release and this website with the points of interest, it seems they are confident she went missing during her run.... this entire time I have been thrown for a loop when they discussed they had reason to believe she had done homework on her computer late in the evening. It is so baffling to me how someone can simply disappear without a trace. I am all too familiar, however. I had an aunt who was kidnapped over 20 years ago and still to this day, we know NOTHING. It's a helpless feeling.

I am thinking about Mickey Schunick.
BS Lavergne noticed her on her bike and hit her on purpose in order to abduct and assault her.
While le was looking for the perp he exhibited the signs they said to look for today unexplained injury, damage to his damn white truck...

What was said today that could not have been said last Friday? Why was it postponed?

I have been thinking about that. The ones they had with the family one day and LE the next (two weeks ago?) gave me the feeling they were used to distract locals and media in town from other searches/investigative actions going on locally. I wonder if they searched anywhere today or served any warrants around the time of the PC? Maybe since they didn’t have much to add, and for some reason needed something to happen today, they just moved it back? Just a thought. Being hopeful that maybe they have something.

I wonder if they checked the hardware stove vandalism for DNA, blood or hair? Was it a broken window? did they find an object that was used in this vandalism?

could the window have been broken in an accident? could the window have been broken in an altercation or by a vehicle or projectile?

MOO

Good point. Or distraction?

Good luck with that. I uploaded those videos via YouTube yesterday, unlisted and unsearchable unless someone gives you a link. I got EIGHT THOUSAND VIEWS. They’re going to get eight million hits in the first 24 hours.

You’re totally right, I guess what I meant was they’d be able to cross check it against IP’s of POI’s and not necessarily using it just to gather a flood of names/IP’s.

I do think if she is still missing 3-4 months from now though the list of site traffic would be manageable and them knowing those still visiting frequently could be insightful

I wonder if they checked the hardware stove vandalism for DNA, blood or hair? Was it a broken window? did they find an object that was used in this vandalism?

could the window have been broken in an accident? could the window have been broken in an altercation or by a vehicle or projectile?

MOO

This is the FBI.....I would hope that was done 3 times before we even thought about it. I hope.

It sounds like they don’t have any leads and are desperate right now for the public to help. Did anyone else get that sense, too?
I wish they could arrange a team to go door to door knocking in that county asking people where they were on that date and if they noticed anyone behaving unusual.

RSBM: I actually disagree. I don't think they've sounded urgent or desperate at all throughout this time.

I'll offer some of my opinions based on the PC:

1. They don't have much, and don't have a particular POI in mind.
WHY: The info they are asking for is very broad. Also, it just doesn't seem logical to form a task force if you already have someone in mind.

2. They believe that whatever happened was on the night of July 18.
WHY: The web site asks for information about things people saw on the night of the 18th between 5PM-10PM. Nothing is said about the morning of July 19.

3. They are considering the hit and run or stranger abduction theories as viable options.
WHY: The locations the web site wants information about include a truck stop and a a car wash. Also, the fact that a task force was created leads me to believe that the scope of the investigation has gone outside her circle of friends and family. If they could focus on one of those people, they wouldn't need a task force.

4. They have narrowed it down that the abduction/accident/incident/etc. happened around 8PM on July 18th.
WHY: The timeline they are asking for further information on is 5PM-10PM which tells us they don't think it happened at 5PM or at 10PM. They would want the time period they need information on to account for both before and after the incident. 8PM would be right about in the middle of that timeline.

5. They think something happened either on her run or on her way to walk somewhere close.
WHY: There is absolutely zero mention of the boyfriends house. I believe it would be mentioned further if they were focusing there.

Again, these are my opinions based on what I heard today.

I think that LE made a huge mistake early on, by not making the public aware of the things they mentioned today. If they had come out initially, and told the public to be aware of fresh injuries, vehicle damage, behavioral changes, and a change in appearance, this would have increased the likelihood of more people calling in to report people who have exhibited these things.

Over three weeks have now passed, and people may not remember certain things, especially fresh injuries that a person has observed in regards to someone else.

I chalked up lack of comment by LE early on, as evidence that they had something solid to work with. I was clearly wrong, and am disturbed greatly by this.
Maybe they thought they had a reasonable suspect(s) only to find out later themselves they were mistaken. And they're now having to backtrack & ask the public- finally- for help. This is tragic. And this much later after the fact has given anyone who DID witness a change in Uncle Joe's behavior at the time -- to go into forgetfulness about that fact or sheer denial he could have had anything to do with it. MOO UNCLE JOE IS FICTITIOUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak