Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling is that by soliciting information about changes in behavior and such they do not have a POI in mind. It could still be someone known to her in some way but maybe they tracked down everyone they could possibly find with a link to her and got nowhere.

I respectfully disagree with this, even though I do get that feeling to some extent/on some days. I find it highly plausible and not too “CSI television drama” to believe that they for what ever the reason they could be leaning strongly in the direction of a certain individual(s)or have a hunch without a lot to go on and just need a final solid piece of something...anything, that’ll help them nail it down and formally name them as a suspect. Wishful thinking on my part perhaps.

Re: the LE no danger 'per se' remark - I think they likely mean that the person who did this achieved his goal and is not hanging around a small town that's crawling with LE and in the national spotlight.
Didn't LE also tell the Delphi IN community they didn't think they were in danger? My Gosh 2 girls were murdered! Does LE just think a murderer wanders off after their crime? What would stop them from coming back if they had relatives or friends or business there? I'm not understanding this attitude. I trust LE knows more than we do and wouldn't be reckless with their words to the communities.

From the last thread, charliegizmo said:

“I still firmly believe this is connected to other I 80 Kidnapping murders and disappearances from Chicago to the Pacific Ocean.”

Is there a websleuths thread for this?

Also, @Harmony2 had linked something iirc early on re: trucker highway killings, what was that again?

Hmmmmm. Very interesting, margarits25 and charliegizmo, very interesting.
Looks like I-80 is about 2-3 miles from Brooklyn... That's something to consider, I agree.

ETA: I found this WS thread:
---------------------------------------------------------
NV - I-80 Serial Killer?
---------------------------------------------------------
The thread was started April 2012, but it was last updated in March, 2018.

Last edited:
As a local mentioned previously, meth is prevalent. Maybe some tweaker came into town to get some drugs from his dealer.

I’m also wondering about the status of “dry counties” nearby, and if there is a liquor store(s) in Brooklyn and nearby.

just being ramdom..felt I needed to say that so if there is a local here that fits what I am about to say..

maybe there was one across the street or two houses down or next door to the car wash or the fifth house she passed......meth heads are EVERYWHERE, not just out of town and dealers aren't just in town. they don't have a sign plastered to them that says hey I am a meth user. you likely see meth users in everyday life without even knowing they are users. not all of them are dirty, not all of them show any sign and certainly they don't show signs at all moments.

Could it be possible that Mollie was locked out of the house when she returned from her run? It could explain why she was seen possible heading back but also went missing with all of her running gear. If the house was unlocked during her run, like I suspect, the perp could have locked it to force her back out into the dark. I am guessing she would then head to mom’s on foot. Her phone could have been dead if she had been listening to music on her run. Just an idea.

Hardware store in the area? Closest Walmart/Home Depot? Predators/SKs often need “killkit” supplies (JW, TK). If not from the area he could’ve already been stocked up or visited another store somewhere else out of the area, but maaaybe...

So IF from the area, who went to the closest Walmart and bought bleach, etc? Who in the area might have recently purchased rope, stun gun, zip ties, etc? I think it could be worth a shot for LE/local stores to look back through such purchases. Shot in the dark, but a worthy possible avenue, imo, as I’ve seen other cases solved this way before. Same at looking at liquor stores, and obviously convenience stores/gas stations.

Last edited:
I posted about long-haul trucker and serial killer Adam Leroy Lane. The link I had posted had 10 others.

http://listverse.com/2015/10/31/10-serial-killing-long-haul-truckers/
I didn't know about that. That's really scary to me because years ago we almost purchased a house in Bloomsbury, NJ (very small town) near that Rt. 78 truck stop. We had actually signed a contract, but my mom talked us into breaking it because she was concerned about the river. If we had purchased that house, we would have been living there at that time!

Last edited:
Hmmmmm. Very interesting, margarits25 and charliegizmo, very interesting.
Looks like I-80 is about 2-3 miles from Brooklyn... That's something to consider, I agree.
It's certainly possible that someone drove into town for gas or snacks, which probably means that he stopped by Casey's. The video and receipts from that store would account for a large percentage of out-of-towners during that time period, IMHO.

I am the same way with my contacts. Only have one pair out at a time. The other ones stay sealed until I’m ready to throw out my old ones. BUT. With MT going back and forth between moms and DJ, I could easily see how maybe a set got left at his house. She opens one at her moms, could have even happened that day. Didn’t want to open a second yet...but didn’t feel like taking time to run over there just for contacts when maybe those were soon going to get thrown out anyways.

I looked up a few missing person's cases that have garnered significant media attention like MT's and/or have similar circumstances to compare the length of time that usually passes between when they are reported missing to when either they are found alive or a body is discovered. Obviously some have never been found and others were missing for a long time.

The average seems to be about 4-6 months and right now for MT we are on day 27. As badly as I want a breakthrough on this case, it may take a while given past history. I don't have the stat in front of me but if you don't find someone in the first 48 hours of a disappearance, besides the odds of recovering them safely going down drastically, the length of time they are missing before being found (if found) goes up considerably.

Hardware store in the area? Closest Walmart/Home Depot? Predators such as this often need “killkit” supplies. If not from the area he could’ve already been stocked or visits another store somewhere else.

But IF from the area, who went to the closest Walmart and bought bleach, etc? Who in the area might have recently purchased zip ties, etc? I think local stores should look back through such purchases. Shot in the dark, but a worthy possible avenue, imo, as I’ve seen other cases solved this way before. Same at looking at liquor stores, and obviously convenience stores.
the local truck stop likely has everything right there, maybe not, maybe so and it is already a point of interest for likely a few reasons

Just going to throw this out there. Not sure if someone has mentioned it or not. I know a while back in one of the threads someone mentioned that Wednesday is a church night. I also thought remembered that Mollie is religious and does a lot of praying. Not sure on if she goes to church or what church. I am thinking if she is religious she might have went to churches in the area before (even if just one time). I noticed there is a church over on Clay street called Grace United Methodist Church. I wonder if someone from that church told her there was an emergency or something at the church and used that to take advantage of her. The Snapchat COULD have been taken somewhere inside of the church. I would think church services would start around 6PM or 7PM. They would have already have ended by the time the suspected Snapchat was taken. I know Mollie went missing on a Wednesday. And from what I remembered seeing is that Clay street might be near her jogging route. Just a thought I had. There's also a Presbyterian church near there. Could be someone traveling that delivers supplies to the churches or something that Mollie knows (not real well). If they delivered supplies they could be familiar with the area too. Maybe someone working temporarily at the church. I don't know. I don't go to church so I don't know what type of jobs would be listed at a church. Just all speculation.

I believe Mollie is Catholic and I believe she did not have a church that she regularly attended in Brooklyn.

just being ramdom..felt I needed to say that so if there is a local here that fits what I am about to say..

maybe there was one across the street or two houses down or next door to the car wash or the fifth house she passed......meth heads are EVERYWHERE, not just out of town and dealers aren't just in town. they don't have a sign plastered to them that says hey I am a meth user. you likely see meth users in everyday life without even knowing they are users. not all of them are dirty, not all of them show any sign and certainly they don't show signs at all moments.

There is nothing connecting Mollie to any type of drug use. Although there are people in every community who use drugs, that drug use will not help identify Mollie's abductor.

From the last thread, charliegizmo said:

“I still firmly believe this is connected to other I 80 Kidnapping murders and disappearances from Chicago to the Pacific Ocean.”

Is there a websleuths thread for this?

Also, @Harmony2 had linked something iirc early on re: trucker highway killings, what was that again?

I don’t know is anyone has posted this. I saw this in the news today. It’s out of Phoenix Arizona,and this makes it a stretch that it is related in any way to Mollie, but the circumstances are similar.

Kiera Bergman is 19 years old.

“Kiera Lanae Bergman was last seen at her home on Aug. 4, and has not returned since, the Phoenix Police Department said in a statement. Bergman left her home without her purse, her wallet, her keys or extra clothes, FOX10 reported.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck