PA PA - Lenhartsville, WhtFem 25-45, 179UFPA, watch, ring, dolphin, sweater, shirt, Jun'92

ihadcabinfever

Reaction score
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/caruso_bernadette.html

Bernadette M. Stevenson Caruso

Top Row and Bottom Left: Bernadette, circa 1986;
Bottom Right: Age-progression to an unknown age

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: September 27, 1986 from Baltimore County, Maryland
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: July 2, 1963
Height and Weight: 5'4, 190 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown/blonde hair, green eyes. Bernadette has a mole on her left cheek. Her ears are pierced.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black tank dress over a pink tank top, a pink belt, sheer pantyhose, pink flat shoes, a pink cotton jacket, and possibly small earrings, a gold necklace and a wristwatch which was either gold with a small band, or had a Mickey Mouse face.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/179ufpa.html

Unidentified White Female

Located on June 3, 1992 in Lenhartsville, Berks County, Pennsylvania.
Investigators believe that the body was buried between June 1, 1991 and June 3, 1992.
The cause of death has not been determined however, foul play is suspected due to circumstances surrounding the recovery of the body.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 40 - 45 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"-5'3"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair.
Dentals: Available. She had severe periodontal disease.
Clothing: A black sweater-dress with a white belt, pantyhose, an orange colored plastic watch and a plastic broach pin in the shape of a dolphin.
Fingerprints: Not Available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The skeletal remains of this victim was discovered buried in a shallow grave on June 3, 1992. The body was discovered in a soybean field, which is located near Christman Road in Lenhartsville, Berks County Pennsylvania

I was wondering if anyone ever looked at these women?
I know the age is off and the date . They state circumstances surrounding the recovery of the body? What that means I do not know.

Regarding Bernadette

Details of Disappearance

Bernadette was last seen leaving Shaw's Jewelry Store in the Eastpoint Mall in northeastern Baltimore County, Maryland on September 27, 1986. Caruso had completed her work shift at the jewelry store and was seen entering her car in the mall's parking lot at approximately 5:05 p.m. that day. She had told a co-worker that her estranged husband, Michael Caruso, had called her and she was going to meet him to discuss something. Caruso has never been heard from again. She was supposed to call a friend later that day, but never did. Her vehicle, a gray/green 1982 Chevrolet Cavalier with Maryland license tags numbered FYW-097, has never been recovered. Bernadette was carrying a bag containing a pink and black jacket at the time of her disappearance.
Bernadette was separated from Michael, a Baltimore County police officer, at the time of her disappearance. They were involved in a bitter custody battle over their three-year-old daughter. Their daughter was spending the weekend with relatives on the day Bernadette vanished. Michael was later fired from the police department after being convicted of abusing a prisoner. Witnesses report that he often threatened his wife. He has not been charged in her case, however, nor has he or anyone else been named as a suspect.

Foul play is suspected in Bernadette's disappearance due to the circumstances involved. Her loved ones describe her disappearance as uncharacteristic of her and they believe she came to harm. Caruso resided in the 4000 block of Rustico Road in Carrollwood, Maryland in 1986. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Baltimore County Police Department
410-887-3943
OR
Maryland State Police
410-486-3101
So it looks like I won't be taking her husbands word for what she was wearing last.Also one more thing I think Periodontal disease is not neglect it is just that ,a gum disease.

Bernadette Caruso https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1816/1/

The Pennsylvania Jane Doe
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/179ufpa.html
https://identifyus.org/cases/1012

While plowing his field a farmer unearthed remains of a skeletonized body that had been buried in a shallow grave. It was determined the body had been there for at least one year. An exact cause of death was unable to be determined. Numerous bones of lower extremity and neck were never recovered.

Wonder why the farmer didn't discover the body the previous year if it was buried in a shallow grave in a field at least for an year? Presumably he plowed his field the year before, and the year before that.

I seriously doubt this is a match. Bernadette disappered in 1986 under circumstances that appeared as though she met foul play within 24 hours.

I don't see how she would have gone unnoticed by the farmer for 6 years.

Wonder why the farmer didn't discover the body the previous year if it was buried in a shallow grave in a field at least for an year? Presumably he plowed his field the year before, and the year before that.

Farmers often rotate their crops and leave a different field fallow each year. The farmer may not have plowed that field for more than a year.

I'm a newbie, so please forgive me. That's near Kutztown State College, Reading and up the road from Harrisburg. What did the Law Enforcement rule out so far? Thanks!

I hope that someone at least ruled out Brenda Condon based on proximity (44 minutes away) and general timeframe (1 year from disappearance to discovery)

Does anyone know if there is a NamUs profile for this Jane Doe?

Brenda: http://www.brendacondon.com/

Sorry, if you have submitted Brenda. I've just submitted her without realising this thread was here.

Some drug acquaintances of her boyfriend are only 13 minutes away... not insinuating anything, just pointing out that there is a connection to the area our IUD was found in.

Here is the list of ruleouts for this UID:

Katherine Heckel
Elaine Johnson
Hazel Klug
Gloria Korzon
Tracy Kroh
Ella Beth Lodermeier
Barbara Miller
Patricia Schmidt
Karen Spencer
Charlene Villinger
Rose West

Last Updated August 21, 2012

https://identifyus.org/cases/1012

Sorry, if you have submitted Brenda. I've just submitted her without realising this thread was here.

Some drug acquaintances of her boyfriend are only 13 minutes away... not insinuating anything, just pointing out that there is a connection to the area our IUD was found in.

And Brenda isn't on the ruleout list... You would think that they would have tried to make some kind of connection between the two, BUT I have seen plenty of times where LE did not. I actually submitted a case in Ohio that ended up being a match and they proxmity between where the guy was from compared to where he was from was only 20 miles.... He went missing in 1988and I made the connection last year.. The detective called and thanked me, but when they did the write up in the local Cleveland Newspaper, they took all the credit!!!

Often, what you see as rule-outs for unidentified in NamUs are only NamUs rule-outs, possible matches generated by NamUs and ruled-out. They don't include all of the possible matches sent to LE over the years.

Often, what you see as rule-outs for unidentified in NamUs are only NamUs rule-outs, possible matches generated by NamUs and ruled-out. They don't include all of the possible matches sent to LE over the years.

Yes I do know that, but I also know of some cases where LE will go onto the NamUs profile and add rule outs that they have made without NamUs's help. (DNA etc)

17 exclusions as of today:

Deborah Arvanites 1962 Pennsylvania
Brenda Condon 1962 Pennsylvania
Kathern Fetzer 1965 Ohio
Katherine Heckel 1951 Pennsylvania
Elaine Johnson 1949 Ohio
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Gloria Korzon 1943 Pennsylvania
Tracy Kroh 1972 Pennsylvania
Ella Beth Lodermeier 1948 South Dakota
Anne Manchester 1954 Delaware
Barbara Miller 1959 Pennsylvania
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Mary Smith* 1948 Pennsylvania
Karen Spencer 1972 Ohio
Charlene Villinger 1958 Virginia
Rose West 1944 Kentucky

*Bump*

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

Female
White / Caucasian
Date Body Found: June 4, 1992
Location Found: Virginville, Pennsylvania
Estimated Age Range: 25-40 Years

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number: --
ME/C Case Number: 92-0604

Demographics
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Possible First Name: --
Possible Middle Name: --
Possible Last Name: --
Possible Nickname: --

Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years): 25-40
Estimated Year of Death: 0-1992
Estimated PMI: 1 Years

Height: 5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: June 4, 1992

NamUs Case Created: April 22, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed: April 23, 2008

Location Found Map
County: Berks County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped): --
Found On Tribal Land: --

Circumstances of Recovery:
While plowing his field a farmer unearthed remains of a skeletonized body that had been buried in a shallow grave. It was determined the body had been there for at least one year. An exact cause of death was unable to be determined. Numerous bones of lower extremity and neck were never recovered.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains:
- One or more limbs not recovered
- One or both hands not recovered

Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: Light brown approximately 3 onches in length.
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --

Left Eye Color: --
Right Eye Color: --
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing
- Description:
- Dark blue or black thin long-sleeved front button sweater w/large white buttons labeled "Benetton" size X-Large.
- Light colored pullover long-sleeved shirt made of lightweight material having 5 buttons down the front and a small collar, pleats in front up​
On the Body

Jewelry
- Description:
- Digital sport type wrist watch with a small face, plastic band that is orange, pink & yellow.
- Gray metal ring w/out stones. Cylindrical metallic structure 4.5" length & 3/32 of an inch in diameter.
- Small object appearing to be a dolphin.​
On the Body

17 exclusions as of today:

Deborah Arvanites 1962 Pennsylvania
Brenda Condon 1962 Pennsylvania
Kathern Fetzer 1965 Ohio
Elaine Johnson 1949 Ohio
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Gloria Korzon 1943 Pennsylvania
Tracy Kroh 1972 Pennsylvania
Ella Beth Lodermeier 1948 South Dakota
Anne Manchester 1954 Delaware
Barbara Miller 1959 Pennsylvania
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Mary Smith* 1948 Pennsylvania
Karen Spencer 1972 Ohio
Charlene Villinger 1958 Virginia
Rose West 1944 Kentucky

Mary Ann Bagenstose 1984 Pennsylvania added as an exclusion.

Terry Slaugenhoupt went missing in Jan 1991. She'd been on a date that night then was dropped off at home. Shortly afterwards she left home again to go to a nearby store and was never seen again. There are some questionable characters that are mentioned in the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. One is the man she'd been on a date with that evening. Another was the man she was with when she visited her mom around Christmas (if he wasn't the same man as the one she had gone with on the date in Jan. And finally, the man she supposedly was going to get a ride with for a job interview. Lots of suspicion here, imo. Did one of these men or a man who happened to be at the store harm her then bury her remains in the field?
Terry Slaugenhoupt – The Charley Project
PA - PA - Terry Slaugenhoupt, 28, Pittsburgh, 6 Jan 1991
terry_slaugenhoupt_1.jpg
Thumbnail
4bfcb827c19f883c8c1b755234652b91.jpg
slaugenhoupt_terry3.jpg
terry_slaugenhoupt_2.jpg

Terry Slaugenhoupt went missing in Jan 1991. She'd been on a date that night then was dropped off at home. Shortly afterwards she left home again to go to a nearby store and was never seen again. There are some questionable characters that are mentioned in the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. One is the man she'd been on a date with that evening. Another was the man she was with when she visited her mom around Christmas (if he wasn't the same man as the one she had gone with on the date in Jan. And finally, the man she supposedly was going to get a ride with for a job interview. Lots of suspicion here, imo. Did one of these men or a man who happened to be at the store harm her then bury her remains in the field?
Terry Slaugenhoupt – The Charley Project
PA - PA - Terry Slaugenhoupt, 28, Pittsburgh, 6 Jan 1991

Just as an FYI, this possible match was submitted to Pgh Police (for Terry) and PSP (for UID) on 6/22/2005. It was subsequently submitted to Berks County Coroner's Office 11/25/2013.

As luck (and time) would have it, all three contacts from that time have since moved on, i.e. retired or transferred.

Just as an FYI, this possible match was submitted to Pgh Police (for Terry) and PSP (for UID) on 6/22/2005. It was subsequently submitted to Berks County Coroner's Office 11/25/2013.

As luck (and time) would have it, all three contacts from that time have since moved on, i.e. retired or transferred.
TYVM for that information. I guess it's time to meet the new contacts.;) I'll submit her. Reading back on the decedent's description I noticed the periodontal disease. It looks as though Terry might have something going on at the gum line near her upper front teeth. I hope like heck she's got dentals on file.

TYVM for that information. I guess it's time to meet the new contacts.;) I'll submit her. Reading back on the decedent's description I noticed the periodontal disease. It looks as though Terry might have something going on at the gum line near her upper front teeth. I hope like heck she's got dentals on file.

Terry has both dentals and dna available, as does UID.

For reference: map shows where Terry lived in and the location of the (former) Cogo's store where she was headed when she left home (you have to really zoom in to see how close they are/were)...
and then the approximate location of Christman Farm, a remote area a good 4 - 4.5 hours away. Actual location of the farm is about 3.5 miles from the Lenhartsville exit off I-78.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Source for CoGo's info: Welcome

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy