Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO...There was a field trip scheduled for the morning of the 19th, and most staff would ride on a bus with the children. I am not aware if MT’s brother is employed or what his schedule may be...but I know that personally, if I were to be gone all day where I wouldn’t be at my usual place of employment and I shared a car with a sibling, I would let them use the car for the day. Assuming they had to work of course. And I would probably carpool with someone who lived close.

I think it is extremely possible that she had an arrangement with someone for a ride the next morning which is why she wasn’t concerned with picking up the car. This doesn’t mean it’s someone that works at the same place, but MAYBE someone with a similar schedule who works in or near her place of employment. This could be a reason for contact initially, and then something happened. If I were LE, I would look at someone who fits that bill. It’s worth a shot.

I respectfully disagree with this, even though I do get that feeling to some extent/on some days. I find it highly plausible and not too “CSI television drama” to believe that they for what ever the reason they could be leaning strongly in the direction of a certain individual(s)or have a hunch without a lot to go on and just need a final solid piece of something...anything, that’ll help them nail it down and formally name them as a suspect. Wishful thinking on my part perhaps.
If so, maybe WC.

Searching a place 5 times sure is a lot.

I don’t know is anyone has posted this. I saw this in the news today. It’s out of Phoenix Arizona,and this makes it a stretch that it is related in any way to Mollie, but the circumstances are similar.

Kiera Bergman is 19 years old.

“Kiera Lanae Bergman was last seen at her home on Aug. 4, and has not returned since, the Phoenix Police Department said in a statement. Bergman left her home without her purse, her wallet, her keys or extra clothes, FOX10 reported.”
Good find. Does she have a thread?

As others have mentioned, the LE’s use of the word “recovery” does not give me a good feeling. But then I think, well.. if they don’t know who did it then how could they know she’s no longer with us?

I may be stupidly optimistic, but I’m not giving up hope yet!

Quote from https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/ bbm
“A large reward is being offered for information leading to the recovery of Mollie.”

Last edited:
Didn't LE also tell the Delphi IN community they didn't think they were in danger? My Gosh 2 girls were murdered! Does LE just think a murderer wanders off after their crime? What would stop them from coming back if they had relatives or friends or business there? I'm not understanding this attitude. I trust LE knows more than we do and wouldn't be reckless with their words to the communities.
Interestingly enough no one else in Delphi has met the same fate since that I am aware of. It is likely in both cases they assume it is not someone local. Perhaps just a crime of opportunity and they move on.

Bringing this over....

Has this guy ever been found? This was reported the day before Mollie went missing. Could he have left that area and driven to Brooklyn? Is that reasonable to question?

Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

JMO
This Missouri case perp is one of my top theories.

*He tried to abduct a random jogger the very day before MT was reported as missing.

*Perp was after a jogger and tried to get her in his vehicle

*Perp knew she would go to LE when she escaped and he had to leave the area

*I55 is right there and so he had two choices. North or South. Once he got on that road he would have driven a long ways IMO to get out of dodge.

*2 turns and he could have been in MTs area.
I-55 north from Miner and then when he hit Peoria Illinois he would take a Northwest turn on I-74 and then to I-80 west and right into MT's town.

*We know MT was jogging at some point

*The timing is perfect for him to be in MT area after the known day and time he attempted the jogger abduction in Missouri. Whether he spent one night somewhere or not the timing was just about right for him to be in her area.

Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

Last edited:
I believe Mollie is Catholic and I believe she did not have a church that she regularly attended in Brooklyn.

She did in high school. I don't think we've seen mention of her attendance after she began college.

Mollie’s brother, ST, tells Fox News that Mollie was giving that speech at their Christian youth group, which she faithfully attended. “In high school she went to that every week as well as church most weeks. Sometimes she would even go with our grandma to church,” ST said.

Mollie Tibbetts, missing Iowa student, has always relied on prayer, dad says

Good find. Does she have a thread?

I think it's a bit of a stretch to try to connect all missing persons and attempted abductions within hundreds of miles of Brooklyn. If there is a connection between Mollie and any other missing or murdered girls and young women, there will be several similarities between Mollie and another missing/murdered person.

A thought, if a local predator, perhaps he’s been interviewed, etc, but fell off the radar bc his workplace was not searched...garage (mechanic) for example.

Endless possibilities, so frustrating...

It is common in a cold case for a perp’s name to be included early on in the file. Sometimes cold case investigators go back to revisit such names in the future.

As others have mentioned, the LE’s use of the word “recovery” does not give me a good feeling. But then I think, well.. if they don’t know who did it then how could they know she’s no longer with us?

I may be stupidly optimistic, but I’m not giving up hope yet!

Could you, or anyone else who is focused on "recovery", please quote the use of "recovery" in this website to clarify why we should assume that the search for Mollie is a "recovery" rather than a "missing person".

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

JMO
This Missouri case perp is one of my top theories.

*He tried to abduct a random jogger the very day before MT was reported as missing.

*Perp was after a jogger and tried to get her in his vehicle

*Perp knew she would go to LE when she escaped and he had to leave the area

*I55 is right there and so he had two choices. North or South. Once he got on that road he would have driven a long ways IMO to get out of dodge.

*2 turns and he could have been in MTs area.
I-55 north from Miner and then when he hit Peoria Illinois he would take a Northwest turn on I-74 and then to I-80 west and right into MT's town.

*We know MT was jogging at some point

*The timing is perfect for him to be in MT area after the known day and time he attempted the jogger abduction in Missouri. Whether he spent one night somewhere or not the timing was just about right for him to be in her area.

However, would this same person drive 8 hours to the dusty town of Brooklyn to attempt another abduction?

Definitely didn't post that.

Posted about a radius of geographical possibility. LE uses maps & radii in crime investigation.

The circumstances around Mollie we are as yet unaware of because we don't have a body, nor do we have a crime scene, Otto.

SK can & do change their M.O., as we saw with Bundy, especially when time moves on & certain kinds of desperation set in. The radius would show the perp's house toward the center of the abductions. Perhaps we will see, in time, a crime more southwest of the Des Moines area. If this is the same SK, I believe we will see less time between abductions from here on forward.

Didn't LE also tell the Delphi IN community they didn't think they were in danger? My Gosh 2 girls were murdered! Does LE just think a murderer wanders off after their crime? What would stop them from coming back if they had relatives or friends or business there? I'm not understanding this attitude. I trust LE knows more than we do and wouldn't be reckless with their words to the communities.
Maybe the killers work brought them in and out of town...?

Reply to @otto, sorry tech diffs quoting:

Indeed, but entered are not always similarities between victims as you know.m, I can site many examples such as killers whose majority of victims included prostitutes, but also nonprostitutes.
I definitely hear ya though!

Hmmmm, prostitutes, there’s an avenue. Complleeeeetely opposite of Mollie...maybe worth looking to see if any prositutes have been reported murdered or missing in Iowa, or from truck stops, etc.

Another thought is if he has B&E and/or DV charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie