Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
An abduction and sexual assault would cause a vehicle to have the need to be cleaned inside. Cleaning outside evidence if an assault happened on the outside of the car? I don't want to be graphic but think Law & Order scene.
I just can't imagine that whoever abducted MT would have hung around getting his car or truck washed before leaving town, but he may have been spotted on their security cameras.

Whoa whoa whoa!! This is a very interesting article! I know I’m all over the place today but someone brought up the brothers and DJ wearing their high school mascot football t-shirts in interviews. Maybe that was something after all?
Can you elaborate on the shirts? I must have missed something. Keeping up with these threads is damn near impossible!

Could MT's disappearance have anything to do with the UI stalker? I felt that was significant, but haven't seen anymore info on it.

I hadn't heard anything about this but I'm also trying to play catch up on 2 days worth of stuff. Would you please tell me if the UI stalker is something happening to others in Iowa City or was this specific to MT?

There is nothing connecting Mollie to any type of drug use. Although there are people in every community who use drugs, that drug use will not help identify Mollie's abductor.

It could. I'm not saying it will, but it certainly could. Meth is a really big issue in Iowa. Especially in the small towns. And people on meth can do crazy things.

other than a hit and run/dump (ugh honestly talking out this happening to such a lovely person just really messes with me , this is just so screwed up ) , what other incidents would necessitate cleaning a vehicle?
IMO, in the list of things that describes unexpected or intensive cleaning of a vehicle, possibly at an unusual time of day....they are more or less talking about the inside. If it was a hit and run, there no amount of cleaning the outside of the vehicle that would hide the damage from that type of crime. In that case, I would hope anyone working at an auto body shop would turn them in (I have seen this happen in a hit and run case). However, I would assume they are talking about cleaning the interior. I would think the perp would be cleaning vigorously, trying to erase any trace of a crime, even down to a strand of hair. I had referenced a case near me in an earlier thread about a very similar case to Mollie's and it happened to be the neighbor who was actually a good friend of hers. LE found her vehicle parked at a Wal Mart and there was evidence that the perp tried to clean the car to hide the crime. The car smelled strongly of cleaning chemicals yet the evidence was so substantial he wasn't able to cover it up.

Pan that particular Google image 180° from the direction of the car wash and you'll see a freight train passing through the area.
The train is close to that area. Does it make any stops at any businesses nearby? I looked up "freight train killer" and found this Ángel Maturino Reséndiz - Wikipedia

OT Was that abandoned railroad bridge in Delphi anywhere near any active railroad tracks?

"Geographical Profiling" is a googleable if people have never heard the term nor understand the concept. Is a Wiki page on it. We have offender profiling, which everyone's heard of.

"Furthermore, serial crimes are the easiest to develop geographic profiles, since each crime contains new spatial information and provides additional data including the fact that crime area tends to enlarge with an increase of comfort and confidence. The initial hunt and criminal acts are most likely to occur relatively close to the location of the offender’s home or workplace. As the success rate increases, there will be a burgeoning sense of confidence to seek his prey further from home and to travel a greater distance."

wiki/Geographic_profiling

Can you elaborate on the shirts? I must have missed something. Keeping up with these threads is damn near impossible!
There were a few interviews the brothers did in which they were always wearing their high school football team mascot. It was a Bears t-shirt. I didn’t think much of it but then I saw DJ wearing one in an interview shortly after. It makes you wonder a bit. DJ has a certain amount of confidence in his answers that makes me think the family has been given some kind of hope.

Re; Android... only if Wifi is enabled.
agree. there has to be certain settings in place. but if you are on a limited data plan those settings could be in place easy. and the router it connected to , if it did, could still identify the phone without a sims card. just turned on and settings to connect automaticly

Reply to @otto, sorry tech diffs quoting:

Indeed, but entered are not always similarities between victims as you know.m, I can site many examples such as killers whose majority of victims included prostitutes, but also nonprostitutes.
I definitely hear ya though!

Hmmmm, prostitutes, there’s an avenue. Complleeeeetely opposite of Mollie...maybe worth looking to see if any prositutes have been reported murdered or missing in Iowa, or from truck stops, etc.

Another thought is if he has B&E and/or DV charges.
Or simply, the SK was in the right place at the right time -- he saw a female, he was close. IMO, approaching a prostitute in a calm manner could certainly work -- discuss what, where & how much, and walk off with her -- he says, "let's go to my hotel room, honey," they go down the road, he does whatever, maybe using the nap/bed area of his truck, and dumps her miles down the road. I think a truck driver would have to sneak up on MT and it would be an abduction -- a weapon or threat of one might necessary,then knocking her out or tying her up, but it could be done. Then, same story.
Certainly her being approached by or getting a ride with someone known to her would be less noticeable and easier, but who the heck knoze what happened?

Note those Google images are from 2013, taken during when the car wash was being constructed. Looking at those images I see no outside camera installs but that doesn't mean they weren't added afterward.

Brooklyn locals, can you determine if cameras are currently installed at the D & M Car Wash? If expect though that if there were LE would have been attempting to locate customers from the evening of and days after the event. As of this last presser there is no indication of such attempts.

According to an article linked earlier, the owner of the car wash has a camera(s). He has turned that footage in along with credit card receipts from both days.

That’s not what the county fair is. It’s more like an arts and crafts / livestock show with demo derby racing. It’s a local thing.
My interest in it is the people who would attend and from how far away would they travel. I could imagine someone coming from an adjacent county to see a demo derby or a tractor pull. Maybe take the back roads shortcut home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla