Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MAGNUM PI1 said:
I did not view the PC, yesterday. Someone who did, posted that family wore dark glasses. Highly unusual activity, apparently? If this did occur, one would wonder about this change. Did LE brief the family, before the PC, and inform them of the latest developments? MT'S father has been so positive, upbeat...about MT still being alive. Perhaps, the latest LE update, deflated that?
Like I stated, I didn't view the PC.
Does anyone who viewed it, have any ideas about this topic?
I only bring it up, because there has been so much discussion, about the word "recovery", now being utilized.

I watched PC live on HLN, and questions by reporters post PC, and never once saw the family on camera. They were not behind podium as in previous pressers. Depending on where they were standing, it's still quite bright at 3pm CST.

DJ as well as MT’s mom wore sunglasses and MT’s dad wore his regular glasses. It looked very bright out

I agree 100 percent. Also just an observation I had, from what I noticed, the family looked especially disheartened. At the very end, I thought Mollies mom was struggling to conceal her emotions, as if reality may be sinking in.
Yeah, it’s been three weeks of hell for all of them. I’ve been impressed by how stoic Mollie’s father Rob and boyfriend Dalton have been. They remain optimistic and their resolve is apparent. You can see that in their latest Fox News interview.

Mollie Tibbetts Search Focused In/Around Brooklyn
<snipped paragraphs of article for emphasis >

FoxNews
The other highlighted areas are in the vicinity of Tibbett's boyfriend's home, where she was staying at the time she vanished, and two sparsely-populated tracts of farmland only accessible by dirt roads.​
One of the farm areas is right next to Big Bear Creek, a waterway that originates 20 miles northwest of Brooklyn, in Gilman. From Brooklyn, the creek runs another 20 miles Northeast to Marengo, where it empties into the Iowa River.
Mollie Tibbetts search now focusing on car wash, truck stop and areas in and around Brooklyn, Iowa

SBM

I'm almost positive Big Bear Creek came up somewhere on here many many threads ago, like within the first week of the investigation, but cannot for the life of me remember the context. Dunno if I'm thinking of something that was in MSM, or speculation on here or what, but I distinctly remember that name for some reason.

Anyone else remember that? It's bothering me that I can't recall.

SBM

I'm almost positive Big Bear Creek came up somewhere on here many many threads ago, like within the first week of the investigation, but cannot for the life of me remember the context. Dunno if I'm thinking of something that was in MSM, or speculation on here or what, but I distinctly remember that name for some reason.

Use the search feature, you should be able to find it that way.

SBM

Searchers explored the area by kayak.

If they have her on video jogging that evening, why does the FBI missing page state the color of her clothing is unknown?

MOLLIE CECELIA TIBBETTS
IDK, but something that has crossed my mind is that a piece of her clothing was found...and it wasn't the red shirt. It seems like the news media sometimes gets only partial info that grows legs. Maybe the authorities don't want this information to come out.

I have a question... people keep saying they're thinking outside the box, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what's IN the box with this case; any ideas?

I also wanted to say that, while I don't have any idea who I think did what at the moment, I get the feeling that a lot of people (not necessarily here) think one of her co-workers is responsible for her disappearance. In some ways it would make sense; he'd probably get off work about the same time, might know her habits fairly well through months of chatting, could feel more of a connection than she does and/or a different kind of connection, may have given her a ride to or from work at some point, know DJ and company were out of town, etc. In spite of all of that, I just don't feel like it's someone that people are likely to suspect. MOO
<modsnipped>

I just have to say, those videos by Needles - thank you for teaching me something about the Midwest I never knew. <modsnipped> OT, so sorry for that too. But I can see how an ambitious, bright young woman as Mollie would have been a shining star in her community. And stand out, and be noticed.<modsnipped unnecessary comments>

Last edited by a moderator:
Searchers explored the area by kayak.

Check check, just found the post I was thinking of.

The weird thing is (although who knows how accurate), from that post it sounded like the creek search was NORTH of town, not east/a little north in the area it was on the map.

Who knows what it means; in any case thanks for checking it out. Now I know the search function is actually useful!

The reward size is insane but also if they are going to maintain such a huge amount, they should clarify the terms. Especially since they bring it up when they do have PC’s and are allowing it to grow.

SBM

That creek runs west-east behind (more or less) MT's mother's street and DJ's street. The creek could have been swollen with rain on the 19th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow