Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a smartphone, you can find nearby convenience and grocery stores. Assuming the I-80 exit doesn't have signs saying "convenience/gas store this way" which around my parts they all do.

And depending on when the truck stop was built it might not be on an outdated built in GPS in a car... And what's the description on Google. I do t like truck stops. I was inside the bathroom/shower area of one when the power went out... All I could hear were flip flop footsteps while I was trying pee... I was a college kid at the time and it still freaks me out.

Edit: I did run background checks on all residents of land parcels within the areas of interest. Nothing significant came back. However, within 2 miles of of one of the areas of interest there is a registered sex offender roughly the same age as MT, who I believe would have been released from prison shortly before the disappearance. I only skimmed his records so don't quote me on that. Whether he still lives at that address I am not sure. His MO would be of interest to anyone following this. I want to clarify that I am not making any suggestions about his involvement in this, I am purely stating facts.

Do not ask for identifying information. For legal purposes I will not give it. This is all public information, and if you are interested you will need to find it yourself.
Where did you get the information that " all people in California are GPS chipped at birth?"! I thought this was debunked long ago.

Edit: I did run background checks on all residents of land parcels within the areas of interest. Nothing significant came back. However, within 2 miles of of one of the areas of interest there is a registered sex offender roughly the same age as MT, who I believe would have been released from prison shortly before the disappearance. I only skimmed his records so don't quote me on that. Whether he still lives at that address I am not sure. His MO would be of interest to anyone following this. I want to clarify that I am not making any suggestions about his involvement in this, I am purely stating facts.

Do not ask for identifying information. For legal purposes I will not give it. This is all public information, and if you are interested you will need to find it yourself.

Must be an old address. There's only one registered sex offender within five years of Molly's age in all of Poweshiek County, and his MO doesn't match this case at all.

And depending on when the truck stop was built it might not be on an outdated built in GPS in a car... And what's the description on Google. I do t like truck stops. I was inside the bathroom/shower area of one when the power went out... All I could hear were flip flop footsteps while I was trying pee... I was a college kid at the time and it still freaks me out.

Truck stops serve a purpose. It’s sad that the underbelly of human life has utilized it for untoward behavior. Just like many other aspects of life.

I hear you. But consider that this is a very high profile case at the moment, involving state and federal LE using every means of 21st century technology at their disposal. This task force represents the best LEOs in the land; determined, experienced investigators. And they do NOT want to be outsmarted or embarrassed by the likes of whoever took Mollie. IMHO.

I certainly hope you are correct. I can say that a 5 hour window seems like a large window of opportunity to me and seems like it hasn't gotten any smaller since the disappearance.

I certainly hope you are correct. I can say that a 5 hour window seems like a large window of opportunity to me and seems like it hasn't gotten any smaller since the disappearance.
I believe the five-hour window is more for the benefit of eyewitnesses to allow leeway for remembering events before and after the actual abduction/assault.

Also , I doubt you can post people's background check results.

New memeber here. I’ve been sleuthing for years, but had no idea it was a thing until I stumbled upon Websleuths a few weeks ago. You guys bring a level of comfort and I appreciate it.

Just saw that VP Mike Pence posted a video on twitter and commented on MT. Interesting? If you go to his twitter page you will see.

I hope I am allowed to say that. I know you can’t report things from social media so I certainly don’t want to violate any TOS.

I also believe that if LE has a POI with any kind of footprint such as a possible car on surveillance, wouldn’t they plead to the public to help find the person of said car? I just don’t believe they have any valuable leads from collecting footage and/or receipts without needing the public’s help in identifying. It seems as if LE typically releases that info to the public, for example, ATM footage, vehicle footage, even footage of the POI themselves. IMO

I hear you. But consider that this is a very high profile case at the moment, involving state and federal LE using every means of 21st century technology at their disposal. This task force represents the best LEOs in the land; determined, experienced investigators. And they do NOT want to be outsmarted or embarrassed by the likes of whoever took Mollie. IMHO.

Every case is different. It is not appropriate to generalize about, the length of time it is taking LE, to resolve this matter. Implying that this case would already be resolved, if it occurred in California, is not appropriate. The complexity of this investigation, will become public knowledge some day.
Those makibg such comments, can re-evaluate their position then.

I think the map = possible ping points and not much else. Jmo

Pings will show towers pinged, distance, direction of travel, and speed of travel from ping points. Records should show time elapsed between pings as well time it took for return ping to arrive back to the phone, thus allowing for distance as well as direction of travel to be calculated.

But why would you when there's a truck stop right at the exit?

As stated in previous posts, from last night, there are folks who don't feel safe at truck stops, as weird stuff can and does happen there. Myself, I love them, but I have always enjoyed going to the circus and the zoo! My apologies to all the hard working truck drivers out there who must use truck stops, as it is not necessarily your profession that I am watching while there. It's the other bit players that one might see passing thru.

I agree. I keep coming back to the dogs being in the basement as was typical when someone left the house with purpose. If she were abducted from the home by force I feel like she would have left them upstairs, either out of fear of not immediately complying with the perp's wishes or as a sign to her loved ones that all was not right.
Or the perp may have directed her to enclose the dogs in basement, if he had a gun I expect she would comply.

Every case is different. It is not appropriate to generalize about, the length of time it is taking LE, to resolve this matter. Implying that this case would already be resolved, if it occurred in California, is not appropriate. The complexity of this investigation, will become public knowledge some day.
Those makibg such comments, can re-evaluate their position then.

Joking about the California thing. People were talking about how we gps chip kids in CA on here, and I told them that would be a violation of the 4th amendment.

New memeber here. I’ve been sleuthing for years, but had no idea it was a thing until I stumbled upon Websleuths a few weeks ago. You guys bring a level of comfort and I appreciate it.

Just saw that VP Mike Pence posted a video on twitter and commented on MT. Interesting? If you go to his twitter page you will see.

I hope I am allowed to say that. I know you can’t report things from social media so I certainly don’t want to violate any TOS.

I also believe that if LE has a POI with any kind of footprint such as a possible car on surveillance, wouldn’t they plead to the public to help find the person of said car? I just don’t believe they have any valuable leads from collecting footage and/or receipts without needing the public’s help in identifying. It seems as if LE typically releases that info to the public, for example, ATM footage, vehicle footage, even footage of the POI themselves. IMO
Welcome! Perhaps there is an employee of one of these places who they suspect might know somebody and something, and this is their way of asking that person to come forward.

Last edited:
I also feel it’s safe to say, IMO, that MT never made it back to the house after her run. While the dog argument is a good one, my dog (and many others I know) will not eat their food unless their humans are home. And can also hold for a pretty long time without having an accident. I still don’t fully comprehend the neighbor reporting MT making it back home after her run and doing homework, my only assumption to that was LE was very early in the investigation and hadn’t yet received her full digital footprint.

I also believe WC is of no substance anymore. Yes, one of MT’s device most likely pinged there, but I believe that is all the credible evidence they have for that.

I think that is all for now. Again, thank you for this forum and for all of us having a place to vent. I am hoping for the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin