UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too hated to see jobs lost. The manufacturers I have no sympathy for because of the narrative that was pushed to increase sales. They had my son convinced that the government was going to take everyone's guns. I tried to tell him it was virtually impossible for that to happen but he knew better. He read it on the internet...lol

Same. Never lost a minute of sleep over the gun grab conspiracy theories. Your son's definitely not the only one who fell for their ploy though. It worked well, and made the fat cats so very much richer. They've used fear for so long, they don't know how to market without it. I don't feel a bit sorry for them. It would serve them right if they have to eat gunmetal to keep from starving.

Good question. They seemed to imply the killers were from the Piketon - Peebles area, at least Pike County. But yes, very vague. Their hostile, aggressive messaging conflicts with their lack of action in pursuing many of the people linked to the killings. One group of suspects was allowed to move out of state. A couple other individuals linked to similar murders in the area aren't arrested or are briefly jailed for minor offenses. o_O

It's likely much of the scant information released to the public is inaccurate. Whatever their motive, it hasn't worked. Or maybe it has.

ETA: From the first hours of the murders hitting the news, I've been highly skeptical of any information released by DeWine, BCI or local PD. The nexus of law enforcement, criminal justice and politics has been sketchy for decades in this state. JMO. Everything has a price.

I have wondered if the "local" was used to get people to talk because they wouldn't want these killers living among them. That was also early on and a lot of what they said early on was not real accurate. Then you also have the fact that LE can BS all they want and it is legal. They had to say something to appease the masses...

I agree. There’s just so much contradiction with what LE has said that I’m not sure what I believe anymore.

I could’ve swore Reader said it again in an “update” media article and it was after the W’s headed to AK. I’ll go check and see if I can find it. I just remember being confused by that.

What does everyone consider “local”? When LE stated they believed the killers were local and still in the area, I wonder what their radius was in terms of being local. I’m also starting to wonder if about 90% of what the public was told in press conferences and interviews is not accurate. Kinda of like a dog and pony show. Reverse psychology in hopes someone will slip up.

I agree with you. To be a fly on the wall when locals are talking about this crime. Someone knows who did this and why. As far as trusting LE I just don't because I know how it can be when LE has something to hide.

I've been lurking guys and still flabbergasted to be honest that this still hasn't been solved. Just wanted to let you know I'm still here.

What does everyone consider “local”? When LE stated they believed the killers were local and still in the area, I wonder what their radius was in terms of being local. I’m also starting to wonder if about 90% of what the public was told in press conferences and interviews is not accurate. Kinda of like a dog and pony show. Reverse psychology in hopes someone will slip up.

I'd guess they're speaking of the little areas strewn about throughout there; Piketon, Otway, Peebles, Rarden, etc... The population in Pike and Adams is sparse at best.

I agree with you. To be a fly on the wall when locals are talking about this crime. Someone knows who did this and why. As far as trusting LE I just don't because I know how it can be when LE has something to hide.

I've been lurking guys and still flabbergasted to be honest that this still hasn't been solved. Just wanted to let you know I'm still here.

BBM
Agree, and, as for LE, for the most part, neither do I, at all. I do think that it will be solved at some point, but I may be senile by then, dagnabit.

Is something relevant happening? I have been in lurk mode waiting...and waiting...

DeWine, I don't think will carry Southern Ohio without arrests. Election getting close.
Yes, they have been to two locations and are currently in Scioto County - it's being said something to do with the W's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken