Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colorado prosecutors say they believe a Colorado man killed his pregnant wife and two daughters in their home.

Christopher Watts was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of killing his wife and daughters. He was ordered held without bail ahead of hearing next Tuesday to discuss formal charges.

The comments came during a brief court hearing on Thursday as Judge Marcelo Kopcow considered several requests on preservation of evidence made by Watts' attorney. The attorney left the court without commenting.

After Thursday's hearing, District Attorney Michael Rourke said he could not discuss what led authorities to believe the three died in their home.

Authorities say they have found the body of Shanann Watts and believe they know the location of the girls' bodies and are working to recover them.

The Latest: Searchers find bodies of 2 young Colorado girls

From following Thread #2, regarding MLM, and toll on marriages, please read Pink Truth, a website dedicated to exposing the myths of MLM scams.

Bankruptcy is common for people involved in MLM, because they continue to purchase products to stay in the top tier.

Speculating they may have moved to CO for his job opportunity. It is fairly easy to get a mortgage after a bankruptcy, the interest rate is higher, but the bank has the house for collateral.

Interesting comment on August being the most common month for family annihilators; heat, no vacation since July 4th, money stress, no surprise.

<modsnip - removed quoted post>
I wouldn’t say there’s no way, but I think it’s unlikely that’s the sole reason here. Especially when the time of crisis (the bankruptcy) was 3 years ago. Most people who declare BK slowly get their finances back on track and do fine. And it’s not always due to overspending—a surprisingly large amount of BKs are caused by medical bills.

BUT the fact that he’s only 3 years past and is so far behind on his HOA dues that they’re taking him to court raises the possibility of a new, possibly worse financial crisis. And it would be worse this time because there’s no way out—you can’t declare BK again for 7 years. So he would have to sell the house, or let it go to foreclosure, to get out of trouble.

Or, of course, get a big life insurance payout. But he could have done that without harming the kids, who probably weren’t even insured. That’s why I don’t think $ is the sole reason here.

Last edited by a moderator:
From following Thread #2, regarding MLM, and toll on marriages, please read Pink Truth, a website dedicated to exposing the myths of MLM scams.

Bankruptcy is common for people involved in MLM, because they continue to purchase products to stay in the top tier.

Speculating they may have moved to CO for his job opportunity. It is fairly easy to get a mortgage after a bankruptcy, the interest rate is higher, but the bank has the house for collateral.

Interesting comment on August being the most common month for family annihilators; heat, no vacation since July 4th, money stress, no surprise.
I am shocked by some of my professional, intelligent friends that have been sucked into MLMs. Horrible and definitely destroys lives not only financially but also relationally. Almost all friends become MLM bc others are turned off by the constant sales pitch and then when they can no longer keep up or decide to pull out, they lose those "friends." <modsnip - unnecessary>

Bankruptcy was filed after moving to Colorado. <modsnip - speculation without source>

You must not live in the south lol... I think it's 1 in every 100 here.
Yep, I’m in Texas and every friend I know bought a 300k house with a minimal down payment, paying PMI. They all drive new nice cars and vacation a few times a year and just think of life as one big credit card. We have a pdr hail business so we have friends all over that part of the US. Several of them lost their homes when the market crashed bc they owed 300k on a home that was now worth 129k. Also one of the pdr wives sells It Works, another MLM, and makes BANK. She’s been at it for years though and is higher up. It’s like the Mary Kay ladies in pink caddy’s. <modsnip - off topic>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member