Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anxious to hear.....
My daughter sometimes wears my fit bit but it still stores the activity and updates to the app on my iPhone.. I think the only way it would sync to another iPhone , in this example my daughters, would be if she downloaded the app on her phone and actually re synced the fit bit of mine to her . Not sure if this answers your question lol

Man I'm really concerned/irritated that now a lot of the big MSMs are repeating the info that was supposedly anonymously leaked to *that publication which shall not be named* yeah it could very well be true but if the source is still just "a close FBI insider" they shouldn't really be repeating it :mad::rolleyes:
Now I’m intrigued!

I disagree. We are up to thread #28 here at WS. LE has formed a task force. Mollie has a new webpage for anonymous tips launched Monday that generated so many leads that they had to add a new server. And the VPOTUS met and prayed with Mollie's family yesterday. This is a very high profile case, and LE has their brightest minds working on it. That is not my definition of a cold case. They are just getting warmed up.

Agree, but I don't think this is all about a pretty girl from a good family being grabbed in a small Iowa town. There is something more to this - a bigger reason that FBI and LE is all over this case.

Age is interesting, but I'm thinking someone closer to late 20s early 30s, but that's because I think this is related to the 2012 Evansdale murders. I think he practiced on younger victims before tackling an adult. I agree that this predator understands technology well enough to know that it needs to be managed during an abduction.

Snipped for focus and bbm.

Do you think it is possible the Delphi murders are related? I can't shake the possibility all three are the same perp. moo

Agree, but I don't think this is all about a pretty girl from a good family being grabbed in a small Iowa town. There is something more to this - a bigger reason that FBI and LE is all over this case.
Like what???

Are you thinking of a sex trafficking ring?

Once in his vehicle, maybe he knocks her out with one punch, ties her up. Or uses a taser. Taser/stun gun would be more dependable. Or just keeps a gun pointed at her, or even makes her drive.

I think Mollie voluntarily getting into a vehicle with her abductor is the most likely scenario, based on the limited info we have. The idea of a complete stranger rolling up on her during her jog around town in the last hour of daylight and cleanly abducting her without anyone noticing anything seems challenging. Not saying it's impossible, but the risk factors for the abductor(s) in that sort of abduction? It'd take a fair amount of skill and not an insignificant amount of "luck" to pull it off, esp for a solo abductor.

Thank you for posting thoughts about routes! I agree with Mollie being taken out of Brooklyn via 385 Ave. It's the only route that looks distinctly like a backroad out of Brooklyn. I think she was taken South on 185 Str as well. That route seems most likely, and I agree with you all the way to dumping digital evidence. I don't think he knew anything about WC. I agree with "avid hunter" or rural farm resident who knows the backroads.

Age is interesting, but I'm thinking someone closer to late 20s early 30s, but that's because I think this is related to the 2012 Evansdale murders. I think he practiced on younger victims before tackling an adult. I agree that this predator understands technology well enough to know that it needs to be managed during an abduction.

I don't think the perpetrator has any connection to Mollie beyond the possibility that he saw her perhaps the night before. I don't see this as drug related - too clean for a drugged up mind.

As for body location, I'm thinking miles from Brooklyn in what may be a seasonal hunting or fishing spot, definitely expecting her body to be found near a slow or shallow river.

I'm not thinking SK or past crimes of this sort. I think its a local with maybe petty crime history - thus the "per see" of the PC. He's not dangerous, but he's a felon. Not doing drugs, but associated with the culture.

But what, pray tell? If there have to be larger issues- besides small town lack of resources to decipher technology, and a too-small LE presence- for that many FBI folks to show up. But we keep going in circles. Trafficking? SK(s)? Major drug manufacturing? Other organized crime? What?

Jmo as well as my belief that LE would not have halted their requests for unusual sighting at 10pm if she could have been taken from home, I don’t think her earbuds would be missing if she had arrived home and then let someone in or went out to speak to someone.
Excellent point. Taking it a step further, do you suppose that LE ceased to get data from Mollie's phone past 10 PM? How long would it take to drive from the farthest west to the farthest southeast area on LE's map?

Snipped for focus and bbm.

Do you think it is possible the Delphi murders are related? I can't shake the possibility all three are the same perp. moo

I have never shaken the idea that there's a connection between Delphi and Evansdale, but I do know that police have said they do not have a connection. As soon as I read about Mollie, right away I thought there was a connection with Evansdale.

I think one of the reasons that police need as many resources as possible with Mollie is that they are concerned that there is a serial killer in the area and that if they do not stop him now, more girls and young women will vanish.

My guess is that he was getting started with the Evansdale cousins, and I think he was in his 20s at that time. I think he had a familiarity with Meyers Lake because he heard stories from parents and other older extended family about what a great party spot it used to be. I think he knew about Seven Bridges Park because he spent time there for the recreation activities that were there before it shut down. Alternatively, it's a hunting area and it's a family bonding experience to go hunting in places like Seven Bridges Park. I think he is familiar with all the backroads and hunting areas in and around Evansdale and Brooklyn.

Similarity between Evansdale and Delphi is the fact that in both cases at least one girl may have been lured and she brought a friend along, perhaps thinking there was safety in numbers. Both sets of girls - one is slight and one is heavier. Bodies were found near a shallow river in a rural park. None of the girls were straight with their parents about where they were going and what they were doing. Evansdale girls were younger than Delphi girls. Big question is: if they were lured, why didn't police find a digital trace?

I think Mollie voluntarily getting into a vehicle with her abductor is the most likely scenario, based on the limited info we have. The idea of a complete stranger rolling up on her during her jog around town in the last hour of daylight and cleanly abducting her without anyone noticing anything seems challenging. Not saying it's impossible, but the risk factors for the abductor(s) in that sort of abduction? It'd take a fair amount of skill and not an insignificant amount of "luck" to pull it off, esp for a solo abductor.

I don't think that Mollie had anything to do with this. She had plans for the evening and the following morning, and I see no reason for her to decide to stop her evening exercise simply because someone she knew drove by and asked her to stop what she was doing.

I think it is very likely that she was jogging and she was grabbed off the street in the blink of an eye. It is high risk to abduct someone off the street, but the risk is worth it to some predators.

I am technologically impaired so I am not sure what I am asking. I have an iPad which I assume must be like an iPhone.

I have had troublewith my iPad in the past. I call Apple and they do some tests with me while I am on the phone. They can tell if my iPad is working from wherever they are. It is really weird when they are telling ne to do things. They tell me when what I am doing is wrong.

So I wonder what kind of info App,e can get from an iPhone

I'm not thinking SK or past crimes of this sort. I think its a local with maybe petty crime history - thus the "per see" of the PC. He's not dangerous, but he's a felon. Not doing drugs, but associated with the culture.

Why would someone who is not dangerous, and who is familiar with a drug culture, decide to abduct a 20 year old university student who is jogging in the evening?

But what, pray tell? If there have to be larger issues- besides small town lack of resources to decipher technology, and a too-small LE presence- for that many FBI folks to show up. But we keep going in circles. Trafficking? SK(s)? Major drug manufacturing? Other organized crime? What?

One thing that would generate this much attention is that there are unsolved abduction/murders of girls and young women in the area spanning several years.

I disagree. We are up to thread #28 here at WS. LE has formed a task force. Mollie has a new webpage for anonymous tips launched Monday that generated so many leads that they had to add a new server. And the VPOTUS met and prayed with Mollie's family yesterday. This is a very high profile case, and LE has their brightest minds working on it. That is not my definition of a cold case. They are just getting warmed up.

I understand. LE is full on the job. As for a VP having "prayed"... I look at it this way: if prayer worked, no one would be missing for very long.

Indeed and, three+ weeks out, a new web page initiative, hundreds of "leads"... no Mollie, no perp. Maybe that five-thousandth lead will do it?

One more point: that 28 threads have since gone by... is not a good sign.

That would be the per se of the "per se," Brooklyn itself no longer being in danger. If the lone SK idea pans out, then we can anticipate, at some point in the future, shorter times- if it's the same predator- between abductions. God I hope her body gets found soon. If this is connected to other killings, then LE really might have a shot at determining a general area where he might live. The geographic profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dietzlyn