Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that we do not know is whether the Evansdale and Delphi girls were sexually motivated. We do not know if they were. I am assuming that if these are connected they are not sexually motivated and in that case I wonder if the age has less relevance to the predator. IDK, just thoughts.

jmo
Very true. As an aside, a sexually motivated killing doesn’t have to include an overt sex act, so even if there was no evidence of this, it still could be a lust killing. Even arson can have a sexual component.

Let me rephrase because I’m curious about who might have seen Mollie to become possibly negatively attracted to her. On July 18th when her brother dropped her off at 5:30, did he have to pick her up from her job? Or did she have the car while she was at work and then have to pick him up from his job first? Never heard anything about if her brother needs the car to go to work during the day as well. Also what time did she finish work and how far a drive is it from her place of work to Brooklyn?
I can't answer all of those questions, and someone may already have but I believe her brother picked her up from work ( as she didn't like to drive) and dropped her off. He was planning on picking her up the next morning to take her to work, as he texted her and asked if she still needed a ride to work. When she didn't respond, he assumed she got a ride. Who this could be is not known. Whoever it was ( if there was someone) did not let anyone know she wasn't there and there has been no mention of this so I believe she was counting on him to pick her up. Hope that helps.

Bear with me... You're a single young woman staying overnight alone at your boyfriends house. You've got homework, you're taking care of dogs, and you've got to figure out dinner. You're going to keep that car with you for security, and especially, if you need the car in the morning. First thing you do, is drop your brother off at Mom's, instead of being dropped off.
It makes no sense, unless, Mollie "can't drive".
Or rather, Mollie can drive, but has panic attacks when doing so, and relies on her brother to drive their car.

This isn't the first time I've seen this mentioned, and I just don't get it. It's not like she was 10 miles out in the middle of nowhere with no close neighbors, she was at the edge of town where she could have walked anywhere she needed to go within a few minutes. Exactly what type of security would a car provide in her situation?

I am still hung up on the two areas of interest on the map with no description. What is the cell service like in those areas? If the service is bad, was some other type of evidence found?

Bear with me... You're a single young woman staying overnight alone at your boyfriends house. You've got homework, you're taking care of dogs, and you've got to figure out dinner. You're going to keep that car with you for security, and especially, if you need the car in the morning. First thing you do, is drop your brother off at Mom's, instead of being dropped off.

Since she shared the car with her brother maybe he had evening plans and would get the car to her as per his phone call in the morning.

I've been thinking about something. Could the family be hearing from Mollie? Many of you remember the Abigail Hernandez case. Her mother was receiving letters from her. Nobody said a word about those letters until Abigail came home.

Another thought,
Mollie's father has been the face of her family. He has protected mom and brothers. He and Dalton. He has kept hope alive with media. He is very good at what he does and I believe he is in marketing.

He is going home, back to CA, on Saturday. He will surely be missed.

I never really thought that one through. Maybe we should consider how Mollie truly got around this summer. Did she usually use Dalton’s truck, and these couple of days were a one-off, where she had to worry about having transportation since Dalton was away with his truck. It sounds like he had not been away this summer, unless she stayed there even while Dalton was away working, with his brother and fiancée.

Maybe Dalton drove her everywhere. Maybe they carpooled to work when it was convenient and she grabbed the shared car when their schedules didn’t mesh up. Maybe she didn’t even think ahead to the car issue until late in the evening when she realized it was a problem. Was she a planner?maybe her brother was supposed to swing by and get her but didn’t. Or went there and she didn’t come out. Did she try to get her brother and he didn’t answer, so she headed out to get the car? Is that a detail we don’t know?

This isn't the first time I've seen this mentioned, and I just don't get it. It's not like she was 10 miles out in the middle of nowhere with no close neighbors, she was at the edge of town where she could have walked anywhere she needed to go within a few minutes. Exactly what type of security would a car provide in her situation?
Also, if she needed the car her moms house is a mile down the road and with one call home she probably could have had two cars available to her in less than 10 minutes. Its not that Mollie can't drive, she just "doesn't drive."

We’ve discussed this in the early threads. I absolutely don’t see any connection, especially with the passage of time between the post and this crime. Jmo

I agree... I would think it was someone just flirting with her and awkwardly started a conversation ... I've started conversations in waaaay stranger ways... In a bar I caught a whiff of a nasty grease trap/drain and asked some GORGEOUS woman "is that smell you?" I don't know why. .? Haha

I
Any idea of her workouts then? She would have had a longer slow day in there somewhere and the distance would depend on how long until the actual half... I was a track coach and also trained a team for a 191 mile run and have run thousands of miles over the years myself
after looking at as many of her pics as possible and following comments, it looked like her team did workouts but they did have photos “training” running out in fields and such.

I never really thought that one through. Maybe we should consider how Mollie truly got around this summer. Did she usually use Dalton’s truck, and these couple of days were a one-off, where she had to worry about having transportation since Dalton was away with his truck. It sounds like he had not been away this summer, unless she stayed there even while Dalton was away working, with his brother and fiancée.

Maybe Dalton drove her everywhere. Maybe they carpooled to work when it was convenient and she grabbed the shared car when their schedules didn’t mesh up. Maybe she didn’t even think ahead to the car issue until late in the evening when she realized it was a problem. Was she a planner?maybe her brother was supposed to swing by and get her but didn’t. Or went there and she didn’t come out. Did she try to get her brother and he didn’t answer, so she headed out to get the car? Is that a detail we don’t know?
Her dad implied she was a bad driver, so she probably didn't drive unless she had to. Personally, I don't drive unless I'm going to work or going somewhere without my boyfriend. I hate driving, and I'll admit I'm not the best driver. Driving is a challenge for me, and it's something I'd prefer to avoid. I got the sense from her dad that Mollie was the same way. She probably chose to walk/run places around town instead of drive (I do that - even if it's a distance, I'd rather walk than drive). She probably preferred to hitch a ride to work rather than drive herself unless she absolutely had no choice (couldn't get a ride that day for whatever reason) so I wouldn't read too into her brother not being alarmed by Mollie not responding to if she needed the car. She could have had a carpool list lined up in order to avoid driving herself. (This is information we do not have, simply my own speculation - obviously police have left this detail out, since anyone who's ever driven Mollie to work would be sleuthed by the public if they released this detail).

The family doesn't find it strange, I would think they know their communication patterns better than we do. So it's a non-issue
Exactly. The only relevant thing is that they weren’t concerned. They are victims here, and we get nowhere by pointing at things they could have/should have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313