Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's the problem with many of our UID's. People are trying to find their missing friend/relative, but haven't made the right connections yet. It's such a big big world...

Oh ok didn’t know if you I meant and another online group. Ive thought about abkut that too it’s hard to believe nobody could be looking for our girl.

Her family and friends could be looking for her, just haven't stumbled upon NamUs, Doe Network yet, or PM pictures on the internet yet.

Unfortunately, the various networks (NamUs, DoeNetwork, NCMC, etc.) aren't really that known on a general basis. I still remember how clueless I was when I started paying attention to the different true crime forums.

We also need to remember that 1980 was a completely different time in terms of staying in contact with eachother. Perhaps the people in WCJD's short life just haven't thought about using the world wide web and/or social media as a tool to locate her?

Unfortunately, the various networks (NamUs, DoeNetwork, NCMC, etc.) aren't really that known on a general basis. I still remember how clueless I was when I started paying attention to the different true crime forums.

We also need to remember that 1980 was a completely different time in terms of staying in contact with eachother. Perhaps the people in WCJD's short life just haven't thought about using the world wide web and/or social media as a tool to locate her?
True. And WCJD's friends would be in their early fifties now and older people don't take to technology the way that a cormorant does to an oil spill.

True. And WCJD's friends would be in their early fifties now and older people don't take to technology the way that a cormorant does to an oil spill.

For all they know, the girl they once knew is still alive and has simply gone on with her life. There has been quite a few cases where the friends and family of an UID has thought that their loved one was still alive somewhere; Tammy Alexander, 'Lyle Stevik', Holly Glynn, Reet Jurvetson, and Marcia King, just to mention a few (which makes it heartwrenching to think about that there might be someone out there, still waiting for their little girl to eventually come home...).

Last edited:
For all they know, the girl they once knew is still alive and has simply gone on with her life. There has been quite a few cases where the friends and family of an UID has thought that their loved one was still alive somewhere; Tammy Alexander, 'Lyle Stevik', Holly Glynn, Reet Jurvetson, and Marcia King, just to mention a few (which makes it heartwrenching to think about that there might be someone out there, still waiting for their little girl to eventually come home...).

Exactly. Times were different before the internet and social media, and keeping in contact with family could be expensive (long distance calls) and slow (snail mail) back then.

Also, people hold grudges. If someone left during a fight, it is not all that unbelievable that both will refuse to give in and patch things up. This has happened in my family. Over 20 years with no contact. I happen to know both parties are OK but it illustrates my point that not all UIDs are reported missing.

BINGO!! I THINK THIS IS HER!

Kelle Ferstrom

Attachments

• 667D6464-5175-4733-ABB4-3A691C3AD094.jpeg
    667D6464-5175-4733-ABB4-3A691C3AD094.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 827EE8E1-12ED-4B1E-8540-2CDB0AED7523.jpeg
    827EE8E1-12ED-4B1E-8540-2CDB0AED7523.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 78
ferstrom_kelle2.jpg
she was only 20 and this pic looks very different but I seem to recall the name , haven't signed up on the new NAMUS can someone see if she is a rule out and DNA available?

ferstrom_kelle2.jpg
she was only 20 and this pic looks very different but I seem to recall the name , haven't signed up on the new NAMUS can someone see if she is a rule out and DNA available?

I compared this picture with the Post Mortem pic...hmmmm. I'm not immediately say no...wondered about the dna and the rule out list too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member