Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way she seemed insistent on stroking his ego in social media. The way her absolute vibrance just overshadowed him. Made him fade into the background really.

He couldn't take it.

Her stroking his ego was as much about her as it was him, imo. I think her SM was about portraying a "perfect life"......perfect home, perfect house, perfect job, perfect children, perfect husband. I see it all the time and when you actually KNOW the people and know their life or children or man are far from perfect, you kinda get sick of it. It is all fake.

I am in no way trying to defend him or blame her, but I think we tend to make victims seem "perfect" in our eyes, whereas no one is perfect. I actually saw a few videos that made me cringe. One in particular was SW videotaping him putting the girls on his shoulders and SW telling the girls to bop him on top of the head. When they did, she laughed and told them to keep doing it. I kept thinking...stop, why are you telling your girls this is funny? It just seemed a little sadistic to me. He seemed to take it pretty well, but I sensed he wasn't real happy with it. At first I just saw it as playful, but when she continued it, it really lost the playful feel. I know some think he was controlling, but I am not so sure of that. These videos showed the opposite to me. And I don't think SW would be going off on so many trips without him if HE was controlling. JMO. And most men don't like to be left behind with the job and kids to deal with. I am guessing he was not happy about that and was getting tired of it. I think he planned to end it that weekend, killing the girls before she got home. Or, the other scenario is him expecting her home by 11 that night and she didn't make it until 2 am and he fumed for those 3 hours and she was met with a very angry husband when she walked in and it escalated to him strangling her....not planned, but happened in the heat of it all. And then he killed the girls. But, I am still thinking he killed the girls before she got home and this was a formulated plan. He may have been so fuming mad waiting on her for 3 hours and killing the girls in those hours waiting for her. And then her as soon as she got home!

I think it would be interesting to see the family dynamic on CW's side. Especially with his mother. I've known 3 narcissists (dated one), and in each situation the mother was extremely controlling of his finances (to the point he didn't know how to handle them himself). She paid his bills, had a joint account with him, etc. I know with my covert narc ex that he dates women who he feels are above his pay grade. He wanted me to be the breadwinner, and when I started getting tired of stroking his ego or paying for everything, he dumped me and now he's dating a doctor. Every woman is seen as a potential meal-ticket. His mother opened and paid 6 different credit cards for him, was on his bank account, paid all his bills, etc. She was also extremely controlling and abusive and if she didn't like a girlfriend, they were out of the picture. He's in his 30s, has a master's degree, but works a minimum wage job and still lives at home with her.

If there was no evidence in the house, garage, truck, no security video, and if SW was in one of the tanks I think he could have gotten away with it. And that freaks me out. I’m glad he is behind bars!
A thought, the Erie dump/landfill is very nearby, maybe he disposed of additional evidence there, clothing etc? Just a thought.

SWs brother said to pray for both sides of the family, that they are grieving also.A very gracious comment.
This is indeed a welcome post as we've only heard rumors about CW family. Yes, they lost a lovely, vibrant daughter-in-law-- the mother of their grandchildren, and 2 grand daughters and future grandson. CW's parents must be in shock too...

If that's the case, it would be interesting to know what Shanann's FB says the day that CW deactivated his FB. There might be some comment from her, in response to him doing something drastic like that.
I think we wouldn’t find much (at least not publicly). Shanann used Facebook to display a perfect ”Thrive“ lifestyle with parties, trips, perfect life & perfect husband. Commenting on hubby deleting his Facebook just wouldn’t fit in. She gave away some private stuff about CW but never in a negative way, i.e. she called him an introvert in one of her posts while praising the Thrive products: ”Chris, just said he’s been more talkative since he started #Burn! Talking to random strangers. #Hesaintrovert“.

I wonder if she posted differently in her non-public posts.

Alright I’m in!

Some cases just grab your attention for some reason don’t they? This is outrageous.

It seems to me that they were troubled but invested in keeping up a shiny facade in the hope that they would somehow end up OK .. a sort of ‘fake it til you make it strategy’.

I think what happened here is a fight escalated out of control and he killed Shanann, and unfortunately the kids witnessed it so he killed them too to cover it all up. Terrible. So I don’t think we will find any kind of meaningful motive, just overwhelming stress and personal inadequacy.

I can’t stand MLM either and can see how that culture would have only added to the family stressors.

Very sad.

I knew, within watching 3.5 seconds of that video, that he killed them. Not one iota of doubt. Jaw-dropping, that was. He may as well have been wearing a sign.

That psychologist was a total idiot. My cat could give a more accurate analysis.

And I just scroll and roll right on past the oil tank info. I do not need those details. I know enough.

I think he returned from NC with the understanding they were separating. She would return for her AZ trip and he could spend that time with the girls and they would have the gender reveal party (sorry, I am old skool and think those are silly and a blatant gift-grab) and then they were done. He couldn't stand that.He had the idea that he would use those six weeks to woo her back and it didn't work. He took the girls to the birthday party because that's what good dads do. He then killed them and got rid of the bodies. When SW came home, they had their emotional conversation when he told her what he'd done and then he killed her as well. Because if he couldn't have his family, no one else was going to.

I did a bit of reading about Thrive,both the products and the company. Okay, the patch? Yeah, go get a case of Red Bull and some cute cartoon Band-Aids. Same effect. Probably cheaper. But what an utterly clever marketing tool those patches are. Unlike HRT patches or pain patches or quit smoking ones, these are FANCY! And stylish and pricey and cutting edge. And you can show them off in SM. Very clever.

The company LeVel (ugh the marketing geniuses were on holiday that day) is very typical MLM. Had family friends go down this road many years ago when we still lived in Michigan in the States. It is very cult like. Our family friends remind me a bit of CW and SW in that they always presented as perfect. For a backyard barbeque, they'd show up in all new outfits, head to toe, the newest bags, shoes, sunglasses and bring the $30 bottle of wine. Me, I'd wear my fancy Birkies, you know? They were like the most perfectly turned out family, ever, always. All due to living the _________ lifestyle! And this guy, he had an MBA from Michigan State, no dummy but he believed this 1000%. It was his religion. I can't explain it any other way. Very strange to see happen.

This is a fictional account of MLM. The Joneses.

I do think this Thrive thing factors in. More the lifestyle goal thing rather than the actual product. Not shading SW in any way, my heart breaks for her and those children. But do they have a pregnant Thrive patch? That's a heck of a lot of caffeine.

Just my musings on this tragic case. You know, off yourself, you turd. Leave your wife and kids alone.

MOO
I completely agree with you on motive. Did you see my earlier post? I think we are on the same page about a lot of things.

According to a number of studies homicide is one of the leading causes of death for a pregnant woman .. Some states keep a record of pregnant woman killed by boyfriends or husbands ..Some men kill if there is a unwanted pregnancy like SP.. Divorce is not option child support etc when money is involved bad things happen

I had to look it up bc I was surprised to hear this:

Sorry if repost:

“Homicide is actually the second leading cause of death among pregnant women after car accidents, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.”

Inside the Troubling Pattern of Pregnant Women Being Killed by Loved Ones

“"What we typically see is in killing their child or children, killing the wife, killing the family, these are individuals who feel that this is an act of desperation – this is something they must do in order to go on with their lives," he said.”

Last edited:
I'm new here, and thanks for letting me join. I have Lupus, but am much older than she was. It pretty much controls my life and I feel bad daily. I was married long ago to a man I was afraid of, with a temper..The kids and I walked on eggshells all the time. We never knew what would set him off. He was mean. He also had affairs. I planned carefully to get away from him and still be safe. . He found someone else, and that helped, and then she divorced him and he married again. He was book smart but had no common sense. He had no friends, and after the divorce, he finally told me he was so mean to me because he was jealous of me having friends, and a good personality, and that I was pretty. He still has no friends.

This case has upset me so much. I so wish SW had just left him with no notice. Those babies, his own flesh and blood. The only reason for him doing those monstrous things, that would be understandable at all, would be if he had an undetected brain tumor. I know someone who had one the size of an orange and it changed her personality. No one knew, and neither did she.

Am grasping at straws here trying to understand this evil. As it looks now, he's a monster and psychopath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member